Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on April 14, 2015, 11:11:14 PM
Quote from: MJG on April 14, 2015, 10:37:41 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on April 14, 2015, 10:30:48 PM
Quote from: MJG on April 14, 2015, 03:09:46 PM
Quote from: Riversider on April 14, 2015, 02:30:59 PM
Not sure "Net" spend was £11 million,
Anyways youve listed all his outgoings but what about the monies he received, how much did we receive last season in The Premier League ? I understand it was more than The Champions from the previous season received !
Whatever his net overall spend is anyway, its a thimble of water in an ocean compared to his personal wealth of £5 Billion !!!
"Sustainability" which was the agenda set out last summer by Khan, led to the firesale of players last summer , and the loss of staff like Robert Ordever, whilest a club like Norwich City, whose backers havent got a fraction of the financial clout of Khan, managed to keep 85% of their squad including Nathan Redmond, and they now stand on the verge of promotion , whilest we are still concerned about relegation !!
Well done Norwich, a very well run club indeed !
Norwich are a very good example to Base us against. And as I keep pointing out they have been a yo yo club so have a better handle on controlling their contracts for relegation and promotion.
Both clubs pretty much had the same income last season.. Ours was
Turnover 13/14 was 92m
Wages 68.5m
Net operating loss was 200k
Overall profit and loss was 33m
73% of our revenues came from the PL.. Sky etc. That was up from 67% of revenues previous season.

Expenditure was  92.2 including wages and transfer fees plus other costs.

Sorry but could you please explain what these losses mean for me.

I am assuming money in from all sources was £92m and money out was £92.2 so our loss was the £0.2m = £200k.

So what is the overall profit and loss of £33m?
The 33m is once you take into account player amortisation and reduction in player values. This is all in the P&L which shows a 33m loss.
The 200k loss is before these are taken into account,  which is really paper losses.
For example a player in the prem (roberts)  was valued at 8m.
Now in the championship his paper value could be 4m. Hence a loss of 4m year on year as the assist has devalued.

Thanks.

So, in terms of cash or money in the bank we lost £200k which is sustainable.

However, in the longer term, and this is what accountancy points out for you, on paper the value of the club is declining as the contracts on players run down indicating that the club is going in the wrong direction.

Presumably if we get promoted or develop a Roberts Mark II or find a Smalling the P&L will swing in the positive direction.
That's right,  the actual value of the club and it's assets (not including land)  is not very high. Promotion especially with all the youngsters would reverse the value of them.
Khan did loan the club 26m to help with cash flow, which will have to be paid back. Just like MAF he is absorbing the losses from the p&l as a shareholder. That stands at over 40m already.
Quite simply need to get back to the PL next season.

Skatzoffc

So my ST is £17 cheaper but I don't get two free cup games. My dad, (OAP), is down by £105 this year.

Fair enough. They should make it cheaper for kids and OAPs imo.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Pie and mash

Quote from: Riversider on April 14, 2015, 11:46:23 AM
Here are the prices,
H3 H4 H5 H6.  £382
H2 H7             £305
H1 H8             £254
My question is this , with thousands of empty seats in The Hammersmith End this season, and that figure to grow next season, why would anybody pay £382 for a season ticket, when they can easily pay one of the two lower prices ,and then when theyre in ,simply move to one of the thousands of empty seats ?
Anybody know ?

That's a great idea actually thanks, will save me a bundle

WestCountryWhite

I'm in H4 and am very happy with the drop in price. No danger of me not renewing though

Berserker

I'm waiting until start of May to renew mine
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

LukeJennings

No reduction for u21 which is slightly irritating. Although I can renew my younger brothers for his birthday in May.
Doesn't even need much thinking for his present! Thanks Fulham
Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!

Riversider

Quote from: MJG on April 15, 2015, 06:57:13 AM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on April 14, 2015, 11:11:14 PM
Quote from: MJG on April 14, 2015, 10:37:41 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on April 14, 2015, 10:30:48 PM
Quote from: MJG on April 14, 2015, 03:09:46 PM
Quote from: Riversider on April 14, 2015, 02:30:59 PM
Not sure "Net" spend was £11 million,
Anyways youve listed all his outgoings but what about the monies he received, how much did we receive last season in The Premier League ? I understand it was more than The Champions from the previous season received !
Whatever his net overall spend is anyway, its a thimble of water in an ocean compared to his personal wealth of £5 Billion !!!
"Sustainability" which was the agenda set out last summer by Khan, led to the firesale of players last summer , and the loss of staff like Robert Ordever, whilest a club like Norwich City, whose backers havent got a fraction of the financial clout of Khan, managed to keep 85% of their squad including Nathan Redmond, and they now stand on the verge of promotion , whilest we are still concerned about relegation !!
Well done Norwich, a very well run club indeed !
Norwich are a very good example to Base us against. And as I keep pointing out they have been a yo yo club so have a better handle on controlling their contracts for relegation and promotion.
Both clubs pretty much had the same income last season.. Ours was
Turnover 13/14 was 92m
Wages 68.5m
Net operating loss was 200k
Overall profit and loss was 33m
73% of our revenues came from the PL.. Sky etc. That was up from 67% of revenues previous season.

Expenditure was  92.2 including wages and transfer fees plus other costs.

Sorry but could you please explain what these losses mean for me.

I am assuming money in from all sources was £92m and money out was £92.2 so our loss was the £0.2m = £200k.

So what is the overall profit and loss of £33m?
The 33m is once you take into account player amortisation and reduction in player values. This is all in the P&L which shows a 33m loss.
The 200k loss is before these are taken into account,  which is really paper losses.
For example a player in the prem (roberts)  was valued at 8m.
Now in the championship his paper value could be 4m. Hence a loss of 4m year on year as the assist has devalued.

Thanks.

So, in terms of cash or money in the bank we lost £200k which is sustainable.

However, in the longer term, and this is what accountancy points out for you, on paper the value of the club is declining as the contracts on players run down indicating that the club is going in the wrong direction.

Presumably if we get promoted or develop a Roberts Mark II or find a Smalling the P&L will swing in the positive direction.
That's right,  the actual value of the club and it's assets (not including land)  is not very high. Promotion especially with all the youngsters would reverse the value of them.
Khan did loan the club 26m to help with cash flow, which will have to be paid back. Just like MAF he is absorbing the losses from the p&l as a shareholder. That stands at over 40m already.
Quite simply need to get back to the PL next season.
Can I point you in the direction of a post from b+w geezer on TFI his calculation of our net spend and your calculation doent seem to tally up, would be interested in your thoughts on his post.

General

Quote from: Riversider on April 14, 2015, 01:31:11 PM
Quote from: MJG on April 14, 2015, 01:20:23 PM
Quote from: Jimpav on April 14, 2015, 01:17:42 PM
The 15% reduction is sounding loud alarm bells.

The accompanying e-mail sent out the club didn't even make any promises of another season in the Championship - this does not suggest much faith in the current set up. It had very little optimism for a marketing e-mail.

Also, I noted that they are not accepting new season ticket bookings in the Putney End (only renewals). I guess it makes sense to concentrate support in the home areas if you are anticipating a drop in support.
Let's say Khan had written he expects nothing less than top six next season, would have have appeased you? I'm just interested in people's expectations.
Yes, would have given me a much needed lift, as its a positive statement that shows intent, something he hasnt done once ever since he took over !
Lets not forget his opening speech that sunny day on the Craven Cottage pitch was all about "sustainability" and nothing at all to do with "Ambition"

Plus it's a statement that we as fans can hold him accountable to. If he said it and then didn't invest we would know where his intentions are. He's hiding behind being politically shady. Neither overcommitting or undercommiting - distinctly average is always cause for concern as it's so vague and you don't know what you're going to get. He needs and has to be more ambitious if we're to take him seriously.

Berserker

It seems that if you already have a season ticket but decide to change to another seat you loose the loyalty deduction. I was testing moving from the Putney end my seats would be £ 303 each  to two seats in the H3 and the price in my basket kept popping up with £409 each instead of the £382 with the loyalty bonus.

Anybody else noticed

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Berserker on April 16, 2015, 06:28:48 AM
It seems that if you already have a season ticket but decide to change to another seat you loose the loyalty deduction. I was testing moving from the Putney end my seats would be £ 303 each  to two seats in the H3 and the price in my basket kept popping up with £409 each instead of the £382 with the loyalty bonus.

Anybody else noticed

Have you tried telephoning them or going to the ticket office? They may be able to do it by hand when the software is not set up to do it.

Berserker

I can't go to the ticket office but may ring and ask

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Berserker

Rang ticket office. You can only change seats and get the renewal discount via ticket office, not on line. Very nice helpful chap on the phone

- Martin Luther King Jr.