watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What to expect for 'newish' supporters

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, April 14, 2015, 06:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

To all of the younger and teetering fans and supporters.
I mean absolutely no disrespect because you can't help being younger, handsomer or prettier, fitter, healthier and have your own teeth.

It's obvious and supported by the current poll on here that there are a lot of 'senior citizens' who have supported the club for many, many years.
I read one post from a guy who was at the Hull game in September 1907 and the Egyptian player 'Heggy' Hegazi, was at the Cottage signing autographs at the Wigan game, wearing his GMB shirt.

As many are finding out, it's an up-and-down, rocky, long and winding, Abbey, Ermine  (when playing York) A40, Route 66,
Goodbye Yellow Brick, steep incline, Fulham Palace, Cecil and Zandra Road.

It's an emotional rollercoaster, high, low, euphoric,  schadenfreude, depressing, high on, I had the time of my life,  I second that, anxious, irritating, frinning, goo1z leading to grown men who are normally quite placid singing/shouting things like
"The referee's a w***er"
"You don't know what your doing"
"Who at all the pies"
"Get up you cheating tosser"
"That was never offside, get some glasses linesman"
"Micky Adams Black and White Army"
"Conroy from the halfway line" Wycombe (Thanks to nose for correcting me + the Rodney one below)
"McAree from the halfway
"We hate Nottingham Forest"
"SHoooooooooooooot"
"?????? You donkey"
"Chelsea scum"
"QP Ha Ha"

We've travelled the depths, nooks and crannies, highland and lowlands,through towns, hamlets, conurbations, urban, suburban, exurban, keith urban, ecclesiastical settlements, parishes and boroughs and villages people.
We've travelled to various shitholes like Coventry, Chelsea, Shepherds Bush and Gillingham.
We've travelled on buses, trams, hansom cabs, coaches, trains and boats and planes, automobiles. Sinclair C5's, bikes, motorbikes, scooters, skateboards, trucks, boats, horse=drawn carriages, barges (a bit of a stretch that one) canoes, bryan ferries, hitch hiked and on foot.

We've used excuses to get time off work
"I can't get to work today, there is an elephant asleep across my driveway"
"Sorry I'm late, I got stuck behind a Ferrari on the M4"
"My car won't start" .............really ?

To summarize, if you continue to support Fulham these are the things you may have to look forward to
Mansfield, Villa Park, Shaktak Donetsk, Hamburg  Luton, Old Trafford, Wrexham, Anfield, Juventus,
Basle, Carlisle, Jacksonvillie, Columbus, Athletic Madrid, being 3-0 down to Juventus, Derby, Wembley, Inter Toto (we've blessed the rains down in Africa)  CSKA, Brentford, Wycombe, Roma, Cambridge, Wolfsburg, Hamburg again.

Fans are scattered all over the globe and northern England, I speak regularly to the only occupant of Skiary, swap emails with a group of bedouins in the Gobi Desert (who have black and white striped tents and camels called; Diomansy, Rufus, Zoltan and
Clint)
I also interchange with a couple of people who live in a shoebox in the middle of a sleigh run in Fogo Island, Newfoundland.
who have zebra striped huskies.

So there, you have it, if you don't like the look of the ride with plenty of suspense but no guaranteed suspension (I just thought that up). then you'd better quit now.
And if you want to know more about Journey, here's a link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fE_cyIOc5I

FFC will grab you like a horny octopus, drag you down and let you float back up, tread water and then down again.
and then there's the 18th May 2010.

Oh well, back to work, soon be time to go home, got to listen to the Wigan v Millwall game first

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: bobbo on April 14, 2015, 07:09:59 PM
Well done roger and all before breakfast

Cheers.
By mid-afternoon anyway  :0)

Nightwind15

Excellent!  I have only been on board since the Prem and McBride days but still lurk around to see how the team is doing and watch when I can steal a stream to watch.  I realize I did not live through those dire old days before the cream rose to the top but now I cannot help be sad for the condition of the team at present.  I blame Jol for where we are today in his dismantling a winning side.  I know this was approved by management but I for one will always hate Martin Jol for breaking up what we once had. 
I played in the first match I ever saw!

Lighthouse

Until you have left the woman you once loved to go to a game in Doncaster. Knowing that it would be the end of the relationship. Until you have covered your face when watching the score for fear it will be another disappointment. Despite the fact you have sat there for an hour after the game has finished. Until you have travelled from Scotland to Brighton to pick up a fellow fan and then drive straight to Fulham to watch them play Rochdale.

Until you have done all these things. Remember there is still hope for you. You still have time to run. Run away and take up origami. Run away and support a club that doesn't hurt so much. You can still make something of your life.

For the rest of us there is no hope. Only gloom and despondency.

COYW.   
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

COYW.  

I've an  inkling you won't be feeling like that at 10pm tonight

Lighthouse

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on April 15, 2015, 04:17:22 PM

COYW.  

I will be jumping up and down and punching the air. Should the result go our way. But the fear doesn't allow me to think of such things.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 15, 2015, 04:21:28 PM
Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on April 15, 2015, 04:17:22 PM

COYW.   

I will be jumping up and down and punching the air. Should the result go our way. But the fear doesn't allow me to think of such things.

You'll know the old Hollies/Neil Diamond song

"Sometimes, all I need is the air that I punch"

nose

very well put roger my old fruit and nut sunday!

Very well put... i couldn't have done it better

howeverbecause i can't help being me.... it was conroy from the half way line, macaree put the ball in the carlisle net

AND

we were never three nil down to Juve only 4 1

But hey, the points were all well made i am am old and pedantic!!!  :008:

Andy S

God and there are times when you think you are the only one who feels that bad

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: nose on April 15, 2015, 04:46:56 PM
very well put roger my old fruit and nut sunday!

Very well put... i couldn't have done it better

howeverbecause i can't help being me.... it was conroy from the half way line, macaree put the ball in the carlisle net

AND

we were never three nil down to Juve only 4 1

But hey, the points were all well made i am am old and pedantic!!!  :008:

Weren't we 3-0 before Zamora scored at Juventus "
Absolutely correct, I need to amend it.
I was actually at both games

Cheers

YankeeJim

Roger, you certainly are more entertaining when you are off your meds. LOL
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on April 14, 2015, 06:35:55 PM
To all of the younger and teetering fans and supporters.
I mean absolutely no disrespect because you can't help being younger, handsomer or prettier, fitter, healthier and have your own teeth.

It's obvious and supported by the current poll on here that there are a lot of 'senior citizens' who have supported the club for many, many years.
I read one post from a guy who was at the Hull game in September 1907 and the Egyptian player 'Heggy' Hegazi, was at the Cottage signing autographs at the Wigan game, wearing his GMB shirt.

As many are finding out, it's an up-and-down, rocky, long and winding, Abbey, Ermine  (when playing York) A40, Route 66,
Goodbye Yellow Brick, steep incline, Fulham Palace, Cecil and Zandra Road.

It's an emotional rollercoaster, high, low, euphoric,  schadenfreude, depressing, high on, I had the time of my life,  I second that, anxious, irritating, frinning, goo1z leading to grown men who are normally quite placid singing/shouting things like
"The referee's a w***er"
"You don't know what your doing"
"Who at all the pies"
"Get up you cheating tosser"
"That was never offside, get some glasses linesman"
"Micky Adams Black and White Army"
"Conroy from the halfway line" Wycombe (Thanks to nose for correcting me + the Rodney one below)
"McAree from the halfway
"We hate Nottingham Forest"
"SHoooooooooooooot"
"?????? You donkey"
"Chelsea scum"
"QP Ha Ha"

We've travelled the depths, nooks and crannies, highland and lowlands,through towns, hamlets, conurbations, urban, suburban, exurban, keith urban, ecclesiastical settlements, parishes and boroughs and villages people.
We've travelled to various shitholes like Coventry, Chelsea, Shepherds Bush and Gillingham.
We've travelled on buses, trams, hansom cabs, coaches, trains and boats and planes, automobiles. Sinclair C5's, bikes, motorbikes, scooters, skateboards, trucks, boats, horse=drawn carriages, barges (a bit of a stretch that one) canoes, bryan ferries, hitch hiked and on foot.

We've used excuses to get time off work
"I can't get to work today, there is an elephant asleep across my driveway"
"Sorry I'm late, I got stuck behind a Ferrari on the M4"
"My car won't start" .............really ?

To summarize, if you continue to support Fulham these are the things you may have to look forward to
Mansfield, Villa Park, Shaktak Donetsk, Hamburg  Luton, Old Trafford, Wrexham, Anfield, Juventus,
Basle, Carlisle, Jacksonvillie, Columbus, Athletic Madrid, being 3-0 down to Juventus, Derby, Wembley, Inter Toto (we've blessed the rains down in Africa)  CSKA, Brentford, Wycombe, Roma, Cambridge, Wolfsburg, Hamburg again.

Fans are scattered all over the globe and northern England, I speak regularly to the only occupant of Skiary, swap emails with a group of bedouins in the Gobi Desert (who have black and white striped tents and camels called; Diomansy, Rufus, Zoltan and
Clint)
I also interchange with a couple of people who live in a shoebox in the middle of a sleigh run in Fogo Island, Newfoundland.
who have zebra striped huskies.

So there, you have it, if you don't like the look of the ride with plenty of suspense but no guaranteed suspension (I just thought that up). then you'd better quit now.
And if you want to know more about Journey, here's a link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fE_cyIOc5I

FFC will grab you like a horny octopus, drag you down and let you float back up, tread water and then down again.
and then there's the 18th May 2010.

Oh well, back to work, soon be time to go home, got to listen to the Wigan v Millwall game first

You are absolutely spot on, and I have the scars to prove it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 15, 2015, 03:52:19 PM
Until you have left the woman you once loved to go to a game in Doncaster. Knowing that it would be the end of the relationship. Until you have covered your face when watching the score for fear it will be another disappointment. Despite the fact you have sat there for an hour after the game has finished. Until you have travelled from Scotland to Brighton to pick up a fellow fan and then drive straight to Fulham to watch them play Rochdale.

Until you have done all these things. Remember there is still hope for you. You still have time to run. Run away and take up origami. Run away and support a club that doesn't hurt so much. You can still make something of your life.

COYW.   

Good Philosophy.

Never forget your Roots.

Berserker

My husband thinks I'm obsessed
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

grandad

When I started supporting in 1954 the in chant was "2-4-6-8, who do we appeciate"
Mind you, in those days most supporters just watched the game & faced the pitch. The odd ripple of applause greeted a goal.
Where there's a will there's a wife

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: grandad on April 15, 2015, 06:16:23 PM
When I started supporting in 1954 the in chant was "2-4-6-8, who do we appeciate"
Mind you, in those days most supporters just watched the game & faced the pitch. The odd ripple of applause greeted a goal.

and then the Tom Robinson Band got hold of the lyrics :0)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGrnEc_3mYo

VicHalomsLovechild

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master.
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim.
If you can meet with triumph and disaster and treat
Those two imposters just the same.
Then you are a Fulham man my son.

Who'd have thought Kipling was a Fulham fan!

RaySmith

Quote from: grandad on April 15, 2015, 06:16:23 PM

I remember 'zigger, zagger, zigger, zagger, oi, oi, oi.' soon after I started supporting the club.

Actually, I used to walk home from school in Tulse Hill, with pal Colin Roberts, an Arsenal fan who lived in Stockwell, and he used to sing their song at the time-
'Send Arsenal up the field for one more goal
no other team can fight like those boys in red and white.'

and I countered with a Fulham song that I made up -
'It's a long way to Putney Bridge,
It's a long way to go...

to the greatest team I know.'

Such innocent times. 049:gif

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Berserker on April 15, 2015, 06:11:47 PM
My husband thinks I'm obsessed

Your just normal like the rest of us Normal People.

Never forget your Roots.