watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

if we stay up

Started by irishfulham, April 15, 2015, 03:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishfulham

who could we poach from wigan james mclean would be on my list along with pennant

FPT

Interesting one Jermaine Pennant, if we're going for a 442, then he could be a good option on the right hand side; I'd rather nick James McLean for the left, at least McLean has a future profiting opportunity. They've not got the greatest squad in the world - Scott Carson to mentor and compete with Marcus Bettinelli would be a good little move.

Jamie O'Hara from Blackpool is a weird one I'd maybe be tempted at looking at. He's been at Blackpool since November and tops their assist charts, he's good on the ball, good from a set piece and can get around the park. Two problems would be:

1) He's a bit of a doorknob. Straight away I can tell people will read this and think "oh god no, what an absolute tit (the bird)."
2) Quite similar to Danny Guthrie and further down the pecking order Emerson Hyndman.

We're just spitballing here.

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: FPT on April 15, 2015, 03:23:18 PM

Jamie O'Hara from Blackpool is a weird one I'd maybe be tempted at looking at. He's been at Blackpool since November and tops their assist charts, he's good on the ball, good from a set piece and can get around the park.

Interesting you mention O'Hara, when Smurf left he was my number one choice for his replacement. But I think we have possibly seen the best of him, but may be worth a punt at the right price.
His contract is up in the summer I think so on a free I would be keen.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Mince n Tatties

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FPT

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on April 15, 2015, 03:51:56 PM
Quote from: FPT on April 15, 2015, 03:23:18 PM

Jamie O'Hara from Blackpool is a weird one I'd maybe be tempted at looking at. He's been at Blackpool since November and tops their assist charts, he's good on the ball, good from a set piece and can get around the park.

Interesting you mention O'Hara, when Smurf left he was my number one choice for his replacement. But I think we have possibly seen the best of him, but may be worth a punt at the right price.
His contract is up in the summer I think so on a free I would be keen.

I'm in the same boat with you there, it's a shame he's gone downhill because he could have had a really good career - but there's still an opportunity to salvage something out of him. If we don't sign Guthrie and with Fofana going back to City, we'll go into next season with just Parker, Christensen, Tunnicliffe and Hyndman. It lacks that technique that can control games of football - Hyndman has potential but that's a huge responsibility to chuck on him for 46 games, so Guthrie and/or O'Hara would be good pick ups for us on frees - would allow good money to be spent elsewhere.

andyk

Don't know if it will be us, but Mclean and Pennant will definitely be playing for a top Championship side next year.
We will, probably, buy some Romanian midfielder and a Scottish league left back.

kdjr100

I remember touting O'Hara to take over for Murphy way back when as well. I think he's a great player and if he has matured and wants to give his career one last push I see no reason he couldn't succeed here.

McClean I think has a lot to offer. He is powerful and has potential, in the right system, to really do well in this league.

Other than that I'm not really sure there is anyone else worth taking.
"and there's a tidal wave on the Thames!"

Northern Cottager

Bronaldinho

McClean would be pretty good.

Pennant maybe, but rather someone with more sell-on opportunity.

Fabbrini, McClean, McGugan, Guediora, O'Hara, Husband.

That'd be a nice start to the summer overhaul.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com