Last Night

Started by Peabody, April 16, 2015, 07:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Mince n Tatties

WestCountryWhite

Quote from: Peabody on April 16, 2015, 07:23:52 AM
Diabolical

I was thinking of doing a write up but just couldn't get past this word.

Only positive was taking my old man back after more then a year and his exacts words where we truly are diabolical are we like this every week?

dannyboi-ffc

Cant argue with that. I thought it was pathetic. I dont want excuses like we were nervous or have no confidence. Rotherham were under more pressure than us with the deduction threat hanging over them but it didnt affect their game.

Not only did they look to want it more but they were set up so much better than us. We are predictable.

Even the bench, kiraly, hutch, stafy, kavanagh, hoogland, hugo and woodrow. Wheres the game changer there or the plan b? Kit makes a rod for his own back. Why not have roberts dembele fofana or kaca on the bench? They might not be everyones cup of tea but at least they offer something different, a bit of pace. We run out of ideas before the game had even begun and not only am I disgusted in the effort levels of the players but also in the manager for being so naive, so one dimensional and so clueless several months into the job. The majority of decisions in a match are common sense and the bread and butter for a manager, in my opinion he fails everytime and when we get points it is normally lucky. Ie yesterday, how on earth did we draw?

Two players I feel should hang their heads in shame are parker and ruiz. Both were awful, ruiz jumping out of tackles and offering nothing. Parker giving the ball away everytime. Its deja vu with parker, brilliant first half of season and shocking second half. It happened last year and after yesterday he needs replacing in the summer. Stand him down to a squad player.

We were outclassed by rotherham!!!!! How the mighty have fallen. Sort it out Rigg!!!!!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Beamer

Certainly reading Kit's interview what came across was - we are playing poorly, have no confidence, I have no idea how to change this and I am just hoping that we stay up at the end of the season. He looks and sounds like a man completely out of his depth and it is certainly taking a toll on him just looking at him. It pains me to say all this because it feels like kicking a man when he is down but I cannot see how he can continue next season. We have a game against the bottom club away and 2 against sides who will both be up for it massively given their league positions. We have won just 1 of our last 9 games and in the last week failed to beat 2 of the 4 sides below us in the league, indeed it is fair to say that we have been pretty lucky to get anything from them. We are not safe from relegation and I doubt there are many on this board who are confident that we will beat Blackpool. I have no idea what Curbishley is doing for his money as nothing is improving. My question is can we afford to just sit and watch Kit implode any longer or would it be kinder to put him out of his misery even at this late stage.  

westcliff white

It depends how much notice Kit pays to what Curbs says, was it his choice to get him in? does he feel undermined?

We are going to make the change sooner or later, is it not worth it for the last 3 games? being optimistic I reckon we are safe, looking at the games they have left I cannot see Millwall picking up 8 points or 9 if we get a point at Blackpool.

someone said on the match day thread the players looked lethargic, I replied saying that is down to Kit, he has to gee them up and make subs to change that, I got shouted down saying it isnt his fault the players have to take responsibility. Whilst I agree they do, Kit can make subs to affect that and bring in more liveliness, something he didnt do last night (not for the first time I might add), our one sub (yes one sub) was Hoogland for Tunni.
Every day is a Fulham day

Mince n Tatties

We have got worse since Curbishley came back.
Too....Many....Cooks...

Supermitch

There were so many things wrong last night, obvious to most that have been discussed many times.

The key decision that was so clearly wrong in my view, taking the team selection out of it, was in the first half playing Ross on the left and Bryan further forward.  Ross playing left side midfield has not really worked this season so why was it expected to have done last night?  Both were anonymous.  Better in second half when they switched around but such a low benchmark it had to improve.  Even then it only went from diabolical to dismal.

We were so lucky to get level and it would have been no surprise had Rotherham scored a late deserved winner.

Off to Blackpool Saturday. Why is a question I've asked myself a few times - haven't got the answer yet

Southdowns White

Diabolical
Oh come on don't exaggerate, it wasn't that good!

Supermitch

Quote from: Southdowns White on April 16, 2015, 08:04:41 AM
Diabolical
Oh come on don't exaggerate, it wasn't that good!

I wasn't sure the ascending order ie is dismal worse than shocking and so on

Bill2

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on April 16, 2015, 07:36:14 AM
Cant argue with that. I thought it was pathetic. I dont want excuses like we were nervous or have no confidence. Rotherham were under more pressure than us with the deduction threat hanging over them but it didnt affect their game.

Not only did they look to want it more but they were set up so much better than us. We are predictable.

Even the bench, kiraly, hutch, stafy, kavanagh, hoogland, hugo and woodrow. Wheres the game changer there or the plan b? Kit makes a rod for his own back. Why not have roberts dembele fofana or kaca on the bench? They might not be everyones cup of tea but at least they offer something different, a bit of pace. We run out of ideas before the game had even begun and not only am I disgusted in the effort levels of the players but also in the manager for being so naive, so one dimensional and so clueless several months into the job. The majority of decisions in a match are common sense and the bread and butter for a manager, in my opinion he fails everytime and when we get points it is normally lucky. Ie yesterday, how on earth did we draw?

Two players I feel should hang their heads in shame are parker and ruiz. Both were awful, ruiz jumping out of tackles and offering nothing. Parker giving the ball away everytime. Its deja vu with parker, brilliant first half of season and shocking second half. It happened last year and after yesterday he needs replacing in the summer. Stand him down to a squad player.

We were outclassed by rotherham!!!!! How the mighty have fallen. Sort it out Rigg!!!!!
This is what we were saying last night, where were the players with pace and flair like Kaca and Fofana who will attack the opposition which in term makes then defend more. We were the home team yet set up like the away side, same as Wigan game, which means that they can push forward more and hence create more chances. We were lucky there forwards were pretty poor. Against Blackpool we need to be on the attack and I hope that Symons realises that, but I don't hold out a lot of hope.

Beamer

How many times does it have to be said, Ruiz has no interest in being at the club (who can blame him after the last transfer fiasco) and while he has obvious talent and thus looks better than most of the others he is not an asset to the team. He should be thanked and allowed to go home.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 16, 2015, 07:53:53 AM
We have got worse since Curbishley came back.
Too....Many....Cooks...

I'm pretty confident we were diabolical before that. We've got no better and no worse as far as I can see.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Beamer on April 16, 2015, 09:36:28 AM
How many times does it have to be said, Ruiz has no interest in being at the club (who can blame him after the last transfer fiasco) and while he has obvious talent and thus looks better than most of the others he is not an asset to the team. He should be thanked and allowed to go home.

So what are Parker's and Tunnicliffe's excuses for being uninterested and sloppy and lacking effort and creativity.

Ruiz, although frustrating in many ways, did produce a couple of moments to lighten the gloom.

What did Parker and Tunnicliffe produce? And we could be stuck with them next year. Now that's depressing.

filham

The match turned into a relegation dog fight and Kit set the team up for just that. Had we won it would have been winning ugly  , as it was we were lucky not to lose ugly.

Being outplayed at the Cottage by Wigan and Rotherham is terrible.

How will Kit approach the Blackpool match ?  Realistically this is our last chance to pick up three valuable points but on current form we will go there hell bent on defending for 90 minutes in the hope of getting a point.

Not all Kit's fault, effort is visible but skill, pace and confidence are nowhere to be seen.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on April 16, 2015, 10:08:44 AM
Quote from: Beamer on April 16, 2015, 09:36:28 AM

So what are Parker's and Tunnicliffe's excuses for being uninterested and sloppy and lacking effort and creativity.

Ruiz, although frustrating in many ways, did produce a couple of moments to lighten the gloom.

What did Parker and Tunnicliffe produce? And we could be stuck with them next year. Now that's depressing.

Parker was the worst player on the pitch, tunnicliffe rarely does anything worth mentioning but ruiz isnt far behind. Considering how good on the ball he is supposed to be I saw nothing yesterday. Possibly down to the manager but we said Jol didnt use him correctly either. At some point ruiz should be able to stand a class above on his own and the fact we were playing rotherham suggests to me he is very over rated.

I certainly agree the thought of these players being here next year is very worrying but it seems only the fans are worried right now which in turn makes me worry even more lol.

The stresses of football! Non football addicts must think we are ridiculous over a sport
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

bobbo

Just as we were all thinking it couldn't get any worse eh, and that happens.

We are being betrayed by the powers that be at our beloved club,and just like blatter at Fifa the poor decision makes are all still in place.

To cap it all I renewed my season ticket yesterday morning, but then again it's Fulham football club I support not most of the current employees.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Southdowns White

I can only think most of our current squad and loaned players have been told they will be paid up to the end of their contracts but regardless of what happens they are no longer wanted by the club. Apart from bettinelli was there anyone who looked like he had a future at the club.
When Kit leaves the managers job after the Norwich game we can only hope the next manager is respected within the game someone who can attract quality players to our club. Kit must realise now that he will be sacked and  replaced over the summer, (would be nice to see him stay on with the younger squads but even that is a long shot) If I was in charge I would let him go now as it can't get any worse and one or two players might be then up for the Blackpool game where realistically that is our only hope of the 3 needed points.