Main Menu

OK, so how long do we give him?

Started by JHaynes Paperboy, April 16, 2015, 08:59:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: Peabody on April 16, 2015, 12:44:34 PM
Quote from: PokerMatt on April 16, 2015, 09:28:14 AM
Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on April 16, 2015, 09:24:32 AM
Do you think that Kit will be allowed to go back to the under 21's or is it the end of the road?

Didn't he throw a paddy and threaten to leave when he was caretaker if he didn't get the gig?

I think it'll be untenable for him to go back.

Do you have the evidence to back this statement up?

Perhaps rotten from top to bottom is the wrong way of putting it?

You were there last night, what other evidence do you need that this club is being destroyed in front of us! The running of this club is abysmal and it makes me angry to think that we are meant to sit back and accept it. :dft007:

HV71

To be frank if we were to get a proven manager ( who has achieved something in the past 5 years or so , preferably in the football league )  then we should give him a full season . The only proviso would be  - not being in the bottom three at the turn of the year. If that were the case his position would be reviewed
This would be stated up front  confidentially but written into the contract  so that
the manager would know exactly where he stood before taking up the job.

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: mikestrand on April 16, 2015, 11:42:39 AM
Quote from: Wimbledon_White on April 16, 2015, 11:02:59 AM
I reckon Kit will be Manager at the start of next season.

Everyone on here (or at least on this thread) seem to assume he's going.

I don't think that's necessarily true.
I have enough lack of confidence in the powers that be to realise you might be right.

Yeah thats the point I am making really. I reckon Khan will stick with him, despite our terrible end to the season, and give him a proper pre-season and some time to build his own squad.

I might well be wrong...but would you be surprised? really? Given how Fulhamish everything has been for the past couple of years.

JHaynes Paperboy

Does that mean we will get the first "draft pick"? :023:

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Southdowns White on April 16, 2015, 11:19:58 AM
When he goes, (after the Norwich game) It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see he hasn't made the grade since he took the job we can only hope that whoever comes in is respected within the game and able to attract a few quality players who have some ambition and not just the Arry Redface scenario. If it were me I would let him go today and hopefully the change would help us get our only realistic remaining 3 points on saturday. Kit may be a better manager than our players would have us believe but who is he going to attract to come and play at Fulham next season, the higher echelons in this club know this and know kit only had one chance to succeed and that time has now for him sadly passed.   
Spot on!
:plus one:
I said when Kit was being plugged for the job, full time, that he isn't the man to take this club to the next level. He will not have the pulling power to attract the better players!
We may struggle to keep certain players after this disaterous season (I believe Ross came here because he believed we had a better chance of promotion than Leeds)
I think he should go now - we need to get a new manager in and give him as much time as possible to see what is needed

Nero

Quote from: westcliff white on April 16, 2015, 10:59:54 AM
Quote from: alexbishop on April 16, 2015, 09:05:13 AM
I think I read on twitter that Mick McCarthy is about 90% done now - so how long do we give him? I do believe we used to be a pretty patient lot but our patience is wearing thin as manager to manager fails to improve the team.

I think if someone is brought in right at the end of the season and has the whole pre-season to prepare and bring players in, then I don't think there is any excuse not to see improvement by January next year.
Some say we are 90% done with Alladyce or Warburton too. Who knows who we will get if Kit goes. I am not convinced he wil

perhaps we are going down the management by committee route again

JHaynes Paperboy