more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

OK, so how long do we give him?

Started by JHaynes Paperboy, April 16, 2015, 08:59:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JHaynes Paperboy

Not Kit, the sooner he goes the better!

The new Manager, whoever we get how long do the supporters of this club give him before we start baying for his blood?? 3 months,6 months? do we all have the patience to get a new man in and stand by him until we start to improve?

This club at this moment in time is rotten from the top to the bottom and needs sorting out sooner rather than later! 

alexbishop

I think I read on twitter that Mick McCarthy is about 90% done now - so how long do we give him? I do believe we used to be a pretty patient lot but our patience is wearing thin as manager to manager fails to improve the team.

I think if someone is brought in right at the end of the season and has the whole pre-season to prepare and bring players in, then I don't think there is any excuse not to see improvement by January next year.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

JHaynes Paperboy

Do you think that Kit will be allowed to go back to the under 21's or is it the end of the road?

PokerMatt

Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on April 16, 2015, 09:24:32 AM
Do you think that Kit will be allowed to go back to the under 21's or is it the end of the road?

Didn't he throw a paddy and threaten to leave when he was caretaker if he didn't get the gig?

I think it'll be untenable for him to go back.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Dodger53

He and ali mack are the last remaining links to the rot that set in some years ago - get tham out

Oakeshott

"I think it'll be untenable for him to go back"

Definitely. It is the last thing a new manager would want - the last, failed, one hanging around the club in any capacity.

Lighthouse

The new manager will need to access what he has. He may spot we have no pace or wide players. Or a decent midfield or full backs. He will then need to gel this new squad into a relegation escaping machine. Supporters will wonder why we are not promotion material and have bought one big name and a lot of dross. We will be told that the new manager, unlike our other managers, will save the day and make these players great.

He will be under pressure by Christmas, Lack of signings in January and gone by March.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Roberty

First match of next season - if were losing at half-time - OFF WITH HIS HEAD
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Andy S

I think he should stay for now as there is little that can be achieved changing the manager at this late stage. At the end of the season other things can happen.

1 Sack Him and bring in a hatchet man like Mcgath and decimate the squad.

2 Kit could decide he does not want to be the number 1 any longer and happily allow a manager to come in over him. I hope not as he has a lot of knowledge of the players we have

3 Mr Khan allows Kit to add players to the team as well as move people on who will not make it. Allows kit 10 or so games and then re assesses the situation. 

These are the most likely options but there are hundreds more

Northern Cottager

I think it's unfair to say we don't give managers time.

Most recently Jol, Magath and Kit have been given plenty of time before everyone turned. Meulensteen was supported by most fans and was pushed by the club bizarrely.

bill taylors apprentice

If he is the 'right' manager, supported in the transfer market, and shows signs of building a 'team' then he should be given the season.

Obviously his team needs to demonstrate a professionalism, plays with passion, determination, tactics that are effective and a bit of style.

Domino 1879

Any change needs to be done immediately the season finishes.
The new manager and his new coaching team need to identify the players that are needed, get them in and start getting the squad to play as a team.  We need to hit the ground running (no pun intended but yes fast runners please) at the beginning of next season.

westcliff white

Quote from: alexbishop on April 16, 2015, 09:05:13 AM
I think I read on twitter that Mick McCarthy is about 90% done now - so how long do we give him? I do believe we used to be a pretty patient lot but our patience is wearing thin as manager to manager fails to improve the team.

I think if someone is brought in right at the end of the season and has the whole pre-season to prepare and bring players in, then I don't think there is any excuse not to see improvement by January next year.
Some say we are 90% done with Alladyce or Warburton too. Who knows who we will get if Kit goes. I am not convinced he wil
Every day is a Fulham day

Wimbledon_White

I reckon Kit will be Manager at the start of next season.

Everyone on here (or at least on this thread) seem to assume he's going.

I don't think that's necessarily true.

Andy S

So I've listed the options that I think are most likely but if I was a business man I would say sorry Kit you have had 10 months and you have kept us in this league. (If he does). With the squad of players here I would have expected a position higher up the league. Mid table to play offs. I feel the right decision is to install a new manager now and give him what you didn't have a full season to try and get the club to where I want it to be.

Southdowns White

When he goes, (after the Norwich game) It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see he hasn't made the grade since he took the job we can only hope that whoever comes in is respected within the game and able to attract a few quality players who have some ambition and not just the Arry Redface scenario. If it were me I would let him go today and hopefully the change would help us get our only realistic remaining 3 points on saturday. Kit may be a better manager than our players would have us believe but who is he going to attract to come and play at Fulham next season, the higher echelons in this club know this and know kit only had one chance to succeed and that time has now for him sadly passed.   

Apprentice to the Maestro

What supporters wish to see is some kind of believable plan in terms of formation and selection of players and a steady improvement in team and individual performances moving towards the players and the team as a whole playing to the best of their ability.

There is no time limit to this. We don't expect miracles but some signs of hope and progress are needed.

FFC1987

Wimbledon White - How on earth can he stay in position when managers have been sacked for far less!? The football's shoddy, the mistakes completely transparent and the results no where near up to scratch. I don't even think he's been unlucky, he's just been tactically inept and failed to motivate the team nearly every week. If he is manager next year, I think it shows what little ambition we do have.

mikestrand

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on April 16, 2015, 11:02:59 AM
I reckon Kit will be Manager at the start of next season.

Everyone on here (or at least on this thread) seem to assume he's going.

I don't think that's necessarily true.
I have enough lack of confidence in the powers that be to realise you might be right.

Peabody

Quote from: PokerMatt on April 16, 2015, 09:28:14 AM
Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on April 16, 2015, 09:24:32 AM

Didn't he throw a paddy and threaten to leave when he was caretaker if he didn't get the gig?

I think it'll be untenable for him to go back.

Do you have the evidence to back this statement up?