watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mr Khans commitment to FFC

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, April 16, 2015, 07:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artful Dodger

I still want to understand WHY he bought FFC in the first place. He knows nothing about football and had probably never heard of Fulham (he may have heard of Manchester Utd perhaps) so why buy a football club? And don't tell me it was as a business because anyone knows the chances of making a profit are slim to zero. Fayed may have got his money back but that doesn't equate to a return on investment over 15 years.

So, WHY did he buy Fulham and what interest does he really have? Presumably it has something to do with the Jaguars and wanting a London based NFL team but does this guarantee he will invest in Fulham?

All I can see is that he has overseen a series of unmitigated disasters (although that doesn't mean he doesn't have Fulham's best interest at heart) and I currently have little faith things will be put right over the summer.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

YankeeJim

Quote from: Artful Dodger on April 17, 2015, 09:35:46 PM
I still want to understand WHY he bought FFC in the first place. He knows nothing about football and had probably never heard of Fulham (he may have heard of Manchester Utd perhaps) so why buy a football club? And don't tell me it was as a business because anyone knows the chances of making a profit are slim to zero. Fayed may have got his money back but that doesn't equate to a return on investment over 15 years.

So, WHY did he buy Fulham and what interest does he really have? Presumably it has something to do with the Jaguars and wanting a London based NFL team but does this guarantee he will invest in Fulham?

All I can see is that he has overseen a series of unmitigated disasters (although that doesn't mean he doesn't have Fulham's best interest at heart) and I currently have little faith things will be put right over the summer.

Assuming you had 4.5 billion, what would you spend it on? I think that Football teams are often toys for those that have more money than God. He doesn't need money, he just needs a little satisfaction. Seeing Fulham do well would be just that. Remember, this man was a poor immigrant to the US and is now counted among America's most successful. He is not used to losing money.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.