watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mr Khans commitment to FFC

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, April 16, 2015, 07:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I'm convinced that Mr Khan will stick with us and sort this appalling situation out.

When he first bought the club he would be the first to admit that he knew little about 'soccer'
He was however assured (I assume) that we were in good hands and well run (by MAF of course)
and so Mr Khan chose initially to maintain the status quo.

Then horror of horrors, nothing went to plan and it began to crumble before his (and our) eyes although we had the benefit of seeing it coming.
In hindsight many of the decisions that made were wrong.

* Jol - say no more
* Rene - I am still undecided about
* Curbs and the crab - wrong

I think a lot of us were quite excited by Magath, his reputation, experience and his promises.
We know what happened then, although money had been provided for player's Mr K was
advised by those with experience and he accepted their judgment.
This pre-season I was impressed with his fitness schedules thinking that if we were super
fit we could start winning games in the last 15 minutes, instead of frequently losing them.
Then..........
1 goes into 9, 27 times (cryptic I know, and probably mathematically incorrect. It's probably  9 = xypi - zxyw = 1)

Mr Khan appointed 5 respected people and although it was a new idea, I think many of us agreed
they were a good choice of 'jury'

Kit as caretaker started well and there was a huge clamor from many of us to appoint him full time.
(not me, a few will say, that's fine it's an opinion orientated forum)
Whether the Gang of Five simply accepted the supporters lobbying or decided themselves that he
was the right man, we will probably never know, either way the decision was made and all was rosy for a while.
(None of them seem to be the type to get pissed up and participate in drunken talk)

Then it started to implode.
Teams were easily able to work us out and plan their strategies and then to their surprise (horror of horros) we rarely changed our system during a game and they didn't have to adjust, they just plugged away for 90 minutes, resulting in some real thumpings.

Who's to blame; the defense, the defensive midfield, the rest of the team, the manager, the coaches, Ali Mc,  Mr Khan
If the players simply aren't good enough, it's not they're fault they're selected.
If I was picked (to play) or for a job and turned out to be useless, it's not my fault I'm useless, you have to look at who selected me.
A combination of all I suspect.

The tactics seemed wrong and went unchanged, the diamond wasn't working (over and over again) we had no width or pace, Plan B or C, the defense was proving crap, we had no flair and some of the team selections were as mind boggling as Burn at right back.
We appeared to have young talent who were given a few chances but few except perhaps LVC, Betts, Hyndman (before he was injured) and Williams looked good enough.
Moral was low.
Nerves crept in (particularly at home) although I didn't hear to much of that about Rotherham, who are in a worse position than us.

Recently Roberts was even left off the bench when games were crying out for flair players, to me a ridiculous decision when he is one of the most rated players in the country. He must have been wondering why players like Sterling were getting regular football.  I think Roberts is now 18 and shouldn't need protecting so much. 
He's old enough to drink, vote, drive a car and have sex, why is he not old enough to play against Rotherham and Wigan ?

What confused me was that there were some (not many) very good performances and at that time I was convinced that we did have a good squad (Hugo already had 10 goals !!)

In the interim period of 'moderate but rewarding success' (as we climbed the table) we did have some good results,
By the the last 15/16 games we had 'manager change burn out' and I assume it was decided that we had a good enough squad to stay up, and I suspect we will.
Perhaps money was available in January, again I suspect that Kit said we didn't need to buy/loan anyone.
Smith was coming back.
Maybe Mr Rigg said "yes we do" hence the recent loans.

We then started to realize that our squad was perhaps not up to expectations.
Our 'star players' weren't so good (Ross hadn't scored many by then although everything else about his game was superb)
Our younger crop weren't as good as we had thought, or was it too soon for most of them.
Either way, it's strange after all that time to start playing some of them and then decide they are not ready, S**tdiggers the staff knew most of them well enough.

During all of this, I think the main mistake Mr Khan has made is seeming to Play Ostrich.
More so than anything else, by his lack of appearances at games, he has made the fans edgy
and feel disconnected once again.
He seemed so enthusiastic and was frequently at games, smiling and chatting away.
Personally I won't forget seeing his smiling face appear behind one of the pillars at Crystal Palace thoroughly enjoying himself.

But, he has I think done what he thought was right, via the eyes and mouths of his advisors.
We all know he's a busy man, after all Richard Branson doesn't pilot his own planes and the Weinsteins don't act in any of their films.
I suspect he's an extremely thoughtful man and must be wondering where he goes from here.
He's (almost) done what his advisors and popular opinion has requested of him.
No doubt he also understands the financial constraints of the CS, which may well be tested to the maximum if QPR get relegated.
We all have differing opinions now but the consensus for the summer is.....
1/. A new manager who knows this league (perhaps managers should be licensed as to would leagues they can manage in)
2/. A complete overhaul of squad (again)
3/. Financial investment in players.
4/. Begin construction of the New Riverside where possible (to consolidate in part a level of commitment)

If business owners listened and adhered to every proposal from every supporter or employee, irrespective of how big the opinion of the majority is, his (or of course her or .....) head would explode.
But like MAF for many years I believe his heart is with us, he just has to sort out who he can and cannot 'trust' in the decision making, which in business can often be extremely difficult.
There are loads of us who would like to offer advice and 'help' him   051

To me, the biggest mistake of many, during this terrible 3/4 year period has been the naïve underestimation of the Championship, what it's all about and how the teams play.
Rough it up, pace, in your face and wingers.
WE haven't got the squad or manager to compete, even next year,

I think Mr Khan will rattle the cage in the next few weeks and he'll prove to the doubters his commitment to FFC.

PS: As a disclaimer, I don't write this because he bought me a drink last July  :0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

tslyon

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 16, 2015, 07:12:57 PM
I agree with a lot of what you say, but We don't play soccer.

Man I love me some soccer...

Wait.  Have we been here before?

Roger, I do hope you are correct.  Jacksonville are still not performing (not his fault), but he did invest in the stadium and fan experience.

Cheers,

Steve

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: tslyon on April 16, 2015, 08:48:12 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 16, 2015, 07:12:57 PM
I agree with a lot of what you say, but We don't play soccer.

Man I love me some soccer...

Wait.  Have we been here before?

Roger, I do hope you are correct.  Jacksonville are still not performing (not his fault), but he did invest in the stadium and fan experience.

Cheers,

Steve

You wait until the two swimming pools and Tiki bars go in at the back of the Putney end

ron

I heard that Khan only bought FFC because he was told that his grandson wanted a cowboy outfit....... 051

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: ron on April 16, 2015, 08:57:42 PM
I heard that Khan only bought FFC because he was told that his grandson wanted a cowboy outfit....... 051

Did he get turned down in Shepherds Bush then ?

ron

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on April 16, 2015, 09:15:21 PM

He didn't want his grandson to be the  Lone Ranger....

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: ron on April 16, 2015, 09:20:46 PM

:0)

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 16, 2015, 09:56:03 PM
Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on April 16, 2015, 09:24:11 PM

:0)

Where is Four Feather Falls. ?

It's quite near me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE9Jr4vWwIA

Lighthouse

Nicholas Parsons.

A very good OP by the way. Very clear and concise.

Nicholas Parsons voiced Tex Tucker. Like everything, there are strings attached.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

VicHalomsLovechild

You don't buy a business for millions without the accounts department checking it out first and giving you the hi's and low's.
He's brought it because he believes there's a profit there. With hindsight the panel got it's choice wrong. Is it cheaper to change the manager or a squad?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 16, 2015, 11:24:36 PM
Nicholas Parsons.

Nicholas Parsons voiced Tex Tucker. Like everything, there are strings attached.

I never knew that, I believe Nicholas Parsons is still around so to speak, but he must be in his late 80s.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ron

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 17, 2015, 02:26:05 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on April 16, 2015, 11:24:36 PM
Nicholas Parsons.

I never knew that, I believe Nicholas Parsons is still around so to speak, but he must be in his late 80s.

Indeed he is. I wonder if one of the most memorable pieces of graffiti I've ever seen is still on the roundabout near Northwick Park Hospital;

"Nicholas Parsons is the neo-opiate of the masses"

Oakeshott

Ron

I haven't noticed it, but I'm going to the Hospital next Tuesday and will have a careful look.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on April 17, 2015, 12:40:53 AM
You don't buy a business for millions without the accounts department checking it out first and giving you the hi's and low's.
He's brought it because he believes there's a profit there. With hindsight the panel got it's choice wrong. Is it cheaper to change the manager or a squad?

Let's say you are right and assume his investment is now extremely 'rocky' but has the potential
to re-bound (as do many share prices)
He was advised by his 'accounts department' who had as you say 'done their figures' and
taken into consideration every possible scenario including;
* The possibility of relegation.
* The high wage bill (Parachute helps a bit I assume)
* How difficult a league it is to get out of,
* The lack of exposure on TV in the US and UK -( I think we've been on TV over here 4-5 times this season)
* The potential of damaging his brand image and reducing the marketing possibilities of the 'perfect' Jaguars/Fulham connection.
* As per above - The long history of 'big' clubs who have and still languish in the lower leagues"
* Even immediate promotion wouldn't have guaranteed stabilization (Look at Leics, Burnley and QPR)
* The decision to invest in ground enlargements with a reduction in ticket revenue.
Plus the plethora of other things a potential buyer must take into consideration,

It's fairly obvious that his 'accounts department" either gave him the wrong advice or he took a punt and went with the deal anyway.
If he followed their guidelines, have they been sacked ?
We have little in-depth knowledge of his internal operations but still I believe he is 'passionate' about us.

If I am ultimately wrong I will buy everyone a stick on bald patch.

RPhillips

Actually, I think the gag goes that "he wanted a Mickey Mouse outfit"

ron

Quote from: RPhillips on April 17, 2015, 04:01:21 PM
Actually, I think the gag goes that "he wanted a Mickey Mouse outfit"

...Which gag is that?

LBNo11

...most enjoyable thread, good points raised by peeing Roger, a hi-jack into bits of banter/comedy and nobody has got annoyed, left the board or resorted to name calling.

Gets my vote for post of the month.. :008:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

love4ffc

Great OP Roger.  Very good points which again only reinforce why I think Kit should gracefully step down at the end of the season. 

As for the rebuild I'll say it again.  You are absolute right in the fact that we need to rebuild and clear out.  I still say there are some good players to keep.  Especially as squad players.   
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Buffalo76

064.gif :drums: