https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Well done Kit

Started by Jimpav, April 18, 2015, 05:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skatzoffc

Quote from: BestOfBrede on April 18, 2015, 05:28:23 PM
Quote from: andyk on April 18, 2015, 05:13:40 PM
I am delighted that we are not going to be relegated, but I can't say I am brimming with delight.

Simple fact is that we were clinging on, against a team in turmoil, a team who will struggle in League 1 and we have struggled in the last 2 games against teams almost as bad.

The summer will need a complete rebuild.  Although the Magath demolition was disastrous, I cannot see any potential in this squad, apart from Bettinelli and holding on to Mccormack.
And LVC
And Mat Smith. He's a lot better player then anyone thought imo. Gives us a different slant in attack. He has a good tapport with Macca. I'd keep him
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Skatzoffc on April 18, 2015, 05:57:46 PM

And Mat Smith. He's a lot better player then anyone thought imo. Gives us a different slant in attack. He has a good tapport with Macca. I'd keep him

Not the case, in fact I was extolling Matt Smith's virtues on this very forum for months!!  You probably failed to read my missives, it seems.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

andyk

Quote from: BestOfBrede on April 18, 2015, 05:28:23 PM
Quote from: andyk on April 18, 2015, 05:13:40 PM
I am delighted that we are not going to be relegated, but I can't say I am brimming with delight.

Simple fact is that we were clinging on, against a team in turmoil, a team who will struggle in League 1 and we have struggled in the last 2 games against teams almost as bad.

The summer will need a complete rebuild.  Although the Magath demolition was disastrous, I cannot see any potential in this squad, apart from Bettinelli and holding on to Mccormack.
And LVC

OK, LVC, if he can regain the consistency he showed for 10 games after Kit was appointed.
As for Smith he could be a useful impact sub in some Championship games, but I don't think we should place too much faith in him. whoever gets the job has a lot of work to do.

Fernhurst

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 18, 2015, 05:43:50 PM
Oh how terribly polite this is. Where are the 'you clown'  remarks. Where are the you only like Kit because it is 'contrary to opinion'.

Glad we have learned a little more politeness than last week.  :group hug:

Hear, hear
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

filham

If we lose our two remaining games each 0-2 (no freak result tthere) and Millwll win there three games 2-0 ( a simple Great Escape) then we will be level on points and goal difference but I imagine we would remain above them because we would have scored more goals. However if we have a couple more 0-5 thrashings, which are not uncommon this season, we require Millwall to drop a point.

Full arithmetical safety will only be achieved when either we get another point (difficult) or Millwall drop a point (Should happen soon)

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Fernhurst on April 18, 2015, 06:08:19 PM
Oh how terribly polite this is. Where are the 'you clown'  remarks. Where are the you only like Kit because it is 'contrary to opinion'.

Hear, hear

I'll put a stop to that...
Why dont you go and stick your head in your rice-pudding.... 064.gif

andyk

Quote from: filham on April 18, 2015, 06:13:00 PM
If we lose our two remaining games each 0-2 (no freak result tthere) and Millwll win there three games 2-0 ( a simple Great Escape) then we will be level on points and goal difference but I imagine we would remain above them because we would have scored more goals. However if we have a couple more 0-5 thrashings, which are not uncommon this season, we require Millwall to drop a point.

Full arithmetical safety will only be achieved when either we get another point (difficult) or Millwall drop a point (Should happen soon)

Boro will be nervous and will, first and foremost, be looking to win. However, if we show any complacency they will be looking to score goals, because they have the worst goal difference of the top 3. If we stroll around in holiday mood and they go 2 up, they could decide to go hell for leather to get a shedful.

ChesterTheTabby

Lighthouse...I love you. Have I gone too far again?
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Fulham76

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on April 18, 2015, 05:11:42 PM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on April 18, 2015, 05:09:22 PM
Well job done and Kit might as well complete the season, We can't possibly have another bad season the last 3 have been unbearable.

Oh yes we can.
Big changes needed from top to bottom. (that doesn't mean throwing money at it either)

Worryingly, I think we're way more than the rumoured £20m Kahn is going to spend away from a decent season next year.

Artful Dodger

If we had kept Magath, I genuinely don't think we would have a game all season, so yes, Kit has done enough to keep us up so he deserves some credit. To be honest, after 8 games, I would have taken it. Part of me still wants to see Kit given a chance but the performances recently just haven't been good enough and I am not convinced he is now the right man.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Fulham76

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 18, 2015, 05:15:09 PM
Big Summer please. No more pretence that the squad was any good. Let's get somebody who knows how to rebuild a squad without spending big on just one player.

After the awful start and awful finish to the season. We are lucky to still be here. Let's not mess up a Summer as well.

:plus one:

Jonaldiniho 88

Thanks kit you have kept us up. That didn't seem likely under magath and you may well have saved our club from total capitulation. That being said I think it's clear for all to see that the club has started going backwards and you are culpable for a degree of this. Maybe you are not quite ready for management or maybe you never will be but I would love you to stay at the club in some role. Without being harsh I can't see many clubs banging your door down after our recent showings. Back to the youth system or as an assistant.

HatterDon

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 18, 2015, 07:37:34 PM
Quote from: maoconnor on April 18, 2015, 05:17:33 PM
I am one of the few that seem to be insane enough to stand by Kit at the current time, and I think we should keep him in charge. I am sick and tired of the chopping and changing of gaffers...It cannot possibly always be the managers fault. We need stability, and it starts with the leadership. The players see their manager on a day-to-day basis, and this changing of mangers on a semi-annual basis is not good for business. Keep Kahn, Keep Kit, and see where we are at November next season.

I agree with you, you are insane.

Well, aren't you sweet.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

Quote from: maoconnor on April 18, 2015, 07:01:00 PM

Lighthouse...I love you. Have I gone too far again?

No I am ....(coughs nervously) very pleased.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Nick Bateman on April 18, 2015, 06:03:44 PM

Not the case, in fact I was extolling Matt Smith's virtues on this very forum for months!!  You probably failed to read my missives, it seems.

Sorry Nick I must have missed your one.
8-)

Skatzoffc

Quote from: filham on April 18, 2015, 06:13:00 PM

True that Filham. But I believe (and hope) Blackburn will end Millwall on Tuesday.

Tbh, I believe Brighton will likely be our saviours tho. They have both Watford (H) then Boro (A) as the last two games.
I don't believe they will get anything from those 2 promotion chasing teams.

We can but hope as I don't see us getting anything either.
That's why yesterday's result was so important.

Coyw!