watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I don't wish to take any credit but....

Started by Nick Bateman, April 18, 2015, 05:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

...I did tell you about Matt Smith terrorizing Liverpool a few seasons back when he was just an oversized 'nipper' and rued the info the club had loaned him out earlier in the season while Hugo "Rod Laver" fired blanks!

One is not expecting any plaudits, whether I deserve credit or not, but one does have to sing one's own trumpet, so to speak.

Onward and upwards!!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

filham

Between them Smith and McCormac have scored in each of our last five games (no one else has)demonstrating that their record at Leeds last season is repeatable at the Cottage.

Why oh why were they separated for most of the eason.

f321ffc

Quote from: filham on April 18, 2015, 06:26:01 PM
Between them Smith and McCormac have scored in each of our last five games (no one else has)demonstrating that their record at Leeds last season is repeatable at the Cottage.

Why oh why were they separated for most of the eason.
Two words  = Kit Symons
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

St Eve

Quote from: Nick Bateman on April 18, 2015, 05:47:27 PM
...I did tell you about Matt Smith terrorizing Liverpool a few seasons back when he was just an oversized 'nipper' and rued the info the club had loaned him out earlier in the season while Hugo "Rod Laver" fired blanks!

One is not expecting any plaudits, whether I deserve credit or not, but one does have to sing one's own trumpet, so to speak.

Onward and upwards!!
You will have to share the credit as I posted about Snith during that FA cup run and my suggestion  of buying him was dismissed as some kind of joke

jarv

If Smith had been with the team the whole season, maybe, just maybe we would not be in the mess we are now.

Roberty

He might have got more of a look in if he'd not got sent off and received a three match ban the first time he started for us
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

ToodlesMcToot

What's there to take credit for? Being right? Pretty sure that happens several billion times each day.

Now I hope that if we keep young Matt on board in the comin seasons that we'll do the proper thing and get some wingers in that can help in getting him the ball.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

WestCountryWhite

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on April 19, 2015, 07:45:58 PM
What's there to take credit for? Being right? Pretty sure that happens several billion times each day.

Now I hope that if we keep young Matt on board in the comin seasons that we'll do the proper thing and get some wingers in that can help in getting him the ball.

Not if you asked my wife it doesn't!

I agree on the winger front a couple of players who can deliver the ball from the byline and he ll cause carnage

hovewhite

The Swan

I am sorry Nick Bateman but I believe I was the first to post about Matt Smith when he ran rings around the Liverpool defence.
It was Oldham who beat Liverpool in a cup game.
I must admit my views on Matt Smith did not go down well with a lot of posters on this board and I got a lot of flack.
The Swan

Alexis

I once saw him come out of a police box a few years back.
Fulham 来了!

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Roberty on April 19, 2015, 07:12:51 PM
He might have got more of a look in if he'd not got sent off and received a three match ban the first time he started for us

Indeed.  That was the dreaded curse of Mike Jones, the worst official still employed by the FA.  One has to view his latest performance committed on the unfortunate Burnley this weekend to see what a rotten individual he is.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Burt

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 19, 2015, 10:55:50 PM
Sorry to dissapoint you all, but I have to take all the credit, I spotted him being born on the 7th June 1989, as I was passing through Birmingham. And I thought to myself he is going to be a 6' 6" footballer and play in  the Championship, my suspicions and predictions were confirmed when I spotted him again in his youth in the 2005/2006 season playing for Evesham United.
So I knew then that whoever signed him would get their money's worth, and around 8 months ago, I recommended Fulham FC to him, and the rest is history.
So you see, I beat you all to it, and I have to take all the credit.
Thank you and Goodnight.

Ah yes but I was there at the conception  :dft011:

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Burt on April 20, 2015, 05:11:46 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 19, 2015, 10:55:50 PM
Sorry to dissapoint you all, but I have to take all the credit, I spotted him being born on the 7th June 1989, as I was passing through Birmingham. And I thought to myself he is going to be a 6' 6" footballer and play in  the Championship, my suspicions and predictions were confirmed when I spotted him again in his youth in the 2005/2006 season playing for Evesham United.
So I knew then that whoever signed him would get their money's worth, and around 8 months ago, I recommended Fulham FC to him, and the rest is history.
So you see, I beat you all to it, and I have to take all the credit.
Thank you and Goodnight.

Ah yes but I was there at the conception  :dft011:

Blimey I never saw you there, mind you I remember there was a power cut at the time.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I was having dinner that night with his parents before they went home and 'conceived' young Matthew as he was to become known.
In fact if I remember correctly I was with them when they first considered having a child.

So there
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on April 20, 2015, 07:27:36 PM
I was having dinner that night with his parents before they went home and 'conceived' young Matthew as he was to become known.
In fact if I remember correctly I was with them when they first considered having a child.

So there

Hmmm so what happened to the one armed man ? 

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

Like the one armed man, Smith is homesick and will leave Fulham as hew will be wanted by others.  He was unfit and that is why he was loaned out. But he was handy when he returned as we were in panic mode. Always need a target player.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

A Target man ! Has he got a Bullseye on the back of his Football Shirt ?
If my memory serves me correctly, Tex Tucker the Sheriff at Four Feather Falls also had one, as did the one armed man. 

Never forget your Roots.

Logicalman

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on April 20, 2015, 07:27:36 PM

So there

Ahh, but I was there when his grandparents each considered having his mother and father. Beat that!  :dft011:

Tell that to kids these days and they won't believe you.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

You were lucky, when I say having dinner with them, it was more a stew with no meat or vegetables in it and cold drunk through a straw.

A few unknown facts about Matt Smith.

His parents were going to call him Mirielle but when he was born a boy (which I told them he would be) they changed it to Mathieu.
French singer Mirielle Mathieu's father was called Roger.

Matt should be called Mat because there is only one T in Mat, there are 2 T's in matter, which this doesn't.
Mathieu translates into English as Matthew who was one of the 12 Apostles and of course wrote the Gospel of Matthew. They are not the same person, If they were it is unlikely that the current one would be so good with his head.
Around 2009/2010 he spent a year studying in the US, unsurprisingly he didn't stay with me. (We talked about it but agreed Arizona would have been a long commute from Virginia every day)
Matt graduated in America with an Upper second class degree in International Management with American Business Studies, which means he is no thicko.

His father was born in Scotland and his mother, Francoise was born in Paris, hence the French Connection (which was a movie starring Popeye) however his mother is not Francoise Hardy (another French singer)
Both his father and grandfather were professional footballers.

He has one cap for the England 'C' team  !

With the kind permission of his employer, Shahid Khan, He managed to juggle his time between being a footballer and playing the role of a recent Dr Who.
Coincidentally that Matt Smith played youth football for Northampton Town, Nottingham Forest and Leicester City.  
He was banned from playing football when he was Dr Who for fear of injury and to avoid confusion if anyone Googled the name.
"Eh Doris, it says 'ere that the new doctor Who is 6' 6"
"What" ?

According to Sky Sports, he "like to do flick ons" very often, but is very weak on passing and discipline !

He also has the Highest Degree in the Art of Vertical Illusion and contrary to opinion is actually only 5'9" tall. Although I can hear some of you staying "That's a tall story"
In the Guinness Book of Records he is listed as the Worlds Tallest Dwarf and was recently awarded the title "Monsieur Le Grand Homme Du Football Eric Cantona" at the recent "Honore De Petit Gens en Avignon" which by coincidence is where Mirielle Mathieu comes from.

He has never heard of me.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES