News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Some of the mistakes Kits Symmons has made which means his time as coach ...

Started by colinwhite, April 18, 2015, 08:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

must surely be over . To be fair to Kit this was not an easy task, and he did initially turn things around after the chaos of Magath .As an inexperienced first team coach we have all seen  shortcomings in his tactics , match coaching , substitutions , team selections etc .

However there are  a number of choices that Kit has made I believe will inevitably lead to his downfall :

Firstly and perhaps most importantly , KS was presumably asked the question at some point given his own experience of the championship, if the young players he had been nurturing where ready and going to be good enough to keep Fulham in the championship . Not only did he get this wrong but subsequently went on to sign players , mostly on loan from other clubs that were better suited to the task than his own players . That alone would be enough for to me lose all confidence in his judgement . We have a lot of good young players , but most of then still have a huge step up  to make the grade .
Secondly , the sending out on loan of Matt Smith was a huge error on his part as was not getting him back from Bristol city quickly enough when it was obvious we needed  him ( Mincey was pulling his har out for weeks before his return ).

Without the late loans made in the last few weeks would we have been as close to safety as we are now ? Why didn't we get theses or other players in sooner?
I like and respect Kit Symmons , but he is not the man who is going to take us into next season . If that were to be the case then the leadership of our great club is itself never going to able to take the club forward or simply doesn't really care .

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Artful Dodger

Quote from: colinwhite on April 18, 2015, 08:50:53 PM
must surely be over . To be fair to Kit this was not an easy task, and he did initially turn things around after the chaos of Magath .As an inexperienced first team coach we have all seen  shortcomings in his tactics , match coaching , substitutions , team selections etc .

However there are  a number of choices that Kit has made I believe will inevitably lead to his downfall :

Firstly and perhaps most importantly , KS was presumably asked the question at some point given his own experience of the championship, if the young players he had been nurturing where ready and going to be good enough to keep Fulham in the championship . Not only did he get this wrong but subsequently went on to sign players , mostly on loan from other clubs that were better suited to the task than his own players . That alone would be enough for to me lose all confidence in his judgement . We have a lot of good young players , but most of then still have a huge step up  to make the grade .
Secondly , the sending out on loan of Matt Smith was a huge error on his part as was not getting him back from Bristol city quickly enough when it was obvious we needed  him ( Mincey was pulling his har out for weeks before his return ).

Without the late loans made in the last few weeks would we have been as close to safety as we are now ? Why didn't we get theses or other players in sooner?
I like and respect Kit Symmons , but he is not the man who is going to take us into next season . If that were to be the case then the leadership of our great club is itself never going to able to take the club forward or simply doesn't really care .

Of all the things he may have got wrong, like the tactics and getting the team out playing from the 1st minute, I don't think the way he handled the younger players was that bad. I don't understand why he wasn't prepared to play Roberts more but as soon as Magath went he put Betts in goal and brought in LVC, who up til his injury was our best player. The fact he had to bring in loan players was because quite frankly, the squad wasn't good enough.

As for Smith going on loan, that again was the right decision as he looked unfit at the start but he should have him back sooner though. As for the late loans, none of us know whether he tried to bring them in sooner and had LVC not been injured and Parker going to one game a fortnight, we may not have needed them anyway so it was a reaction to a situation, which surely is a good thing???

I think it was more tactical and motivational issues where Kit made mistakes.

Faber est suae quisque fortunae

ron

How much of the financial constraints on Kit do we really know about?

How much influence/tinkering/interfering/restricting is heaped upon him from above in the corporate mish-mash that is the current FFC?

It would be sobering for all of us if and when he is ousted for him to come clean on the circumstances and restrictions of his tenure in the poison chalice position at FFC, and it turned out that the conditions of his employment would elicit the response; "Stuff it!"..from any of us if it were us in his position.

I think the almost daily revelations of incompetent leadership at the club lately make it likely that his authority is fairly compromised, to say the least.

Lighthouse

I think the only criticism that can be aimed at our manager is about tactics. But as he had no wide players with pace, he felt he had to stick with the narrow diamond. Whenever he did change things we were beaten badly. He was slow to drop/rest Rodders. Frankly the fact that Smith has turned out to be so good was because he gained fitness and sharpness at Bristol.

Symons, for whatever reason spent not a penny and only brought in players on loan. I would love to know why we could do any business in January.

All managers make mistakes. But he had little option but to play the cards he was given when he took over from Magath.

Important thing is we now must make sure that this Summer we have the right man for the job to improve this squad. I worry when we are linked with players like Shaun Wright Phillips. But that may be as good as it is going to get.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ron

This is a case of being careful what we wish for. A whole line of scrubbers and has-beens who still manage to impress owners with stories of success long ago are waiting to serenade our esteemed owner.

I'd like to know more of the circumstances of Kit's tenure before I think about encouraging Twitchy pretenders.......

HatterDon

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 18, 2015, 09:47:27 PM
I think the only criticism that can be aimed at our manager is about tactics. But as he had no wide players with pace, he felt he had to stick with the narrow diamond. Whenever he did change things we were beaten badly. He was slow to drop/rest Rodders. Frankly the fact that Smith has turned out to be so good was because he gained fitness and sharpness at Bristol.

Symons, for whatever reason spent not a penny and only brought in players on loan. I would love to know why we could do any business in January.

All managers make mistakes. But he had little option but to play the cards he was given when he took over from Magath.

Important thing is we now must make sure that this Summer we have the right man for the job to improve this squad. I worry when we are linked with players like Shaun Wright Phillips. But that may be as good as it is going to get.

See! It's not impossible to assess Kit's weaknesses and make a case for a successor this summer without being an ignorant jackass.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

colinwhite

Who is the ignorant jackass ? If you have  a point to make then make it , but kindly stop insulting people because that really does show ignorance !

hovewhite

My one worry is if we need another manager who is selecting him as haven't been convinced about any of them since roy.

colinwhite

Quote from: hovewhite on April 19, 2015, 02:50:56 PM
My one worry is if we need another manager who is selecting him as haven't been convinced about any of them since roy.
''

Agreed. Its all very worrying indeed . Whatever happens next we need to get it right .

Nick Bateman

Problem we have is the same people who appointed Magath and Symons will be picking his successor.  Wonder if Barry Fry is still available.....
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"