watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Great Kavanagh Debate

Started by J.Perkins, April 19, 2015, 12:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.Perkins

Wondering whether any posters on here were near the great Kavanagh debate, where 1, let's put it, moron, was constantly slating Kavanagh, and there was a group backing Kav up. Great entertainment.

dannyboi-ffc

Wasnt at this game, I bet it was funny when he crossed the ball.

I think Kavanagh is a very poor footballer and wouldnt be anywhere near good enough for any other club in our league, maybe not even blackpool.

One good cross and one goal vs norwich does not justify the amount of times he has been picked ahead of others. Its nothing personal against him because Im sure he is a top professional and a nice guy but ability wise he is very limited in my opinion.

I was there when Orlando Sa scored at norwich, anyone can have moments of class. Its the good ones that do it throughout a game and on a regular basis and I feel others have been brushed aside when they are better than him

Credit where its due though, it was a good cross and a vital one too
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

H4usuallysitting

I think Kav works hard.....let's all be honest, this has been a bad 2 seasons for the club as a whole.....let's not dwell on individuals.... And be thankful that we've managed to beat the drop

WestCountryWhite

Kavanagh is a strange one for me because I can't quiet work out what he is. Is he a left back being played out of position or a left winger?

He has got a cracking left foot but that's about it for me. He always puts a shift in but in my opinion is far to limited to play in midfield,  I do however like him at left back.

Haven't seen yesterday's goal but by all accounts a good ball in.

dannyboi-ffc

Thats all well and good saying he is a good left back and he probably is but is he better than Husband? Both similar ages and in my eyes its not even close, to me he's just a poor mans Baird who will have to play here there and everywhere because he isnt good enough to stamp down a claim on one position.

For the record I dont think he is or will ever be as good as baird
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Northern Cottager

Kavanagh was absolutely awful yesterday. Offered nothing going forward and didn't defend. He lost every header, shied out from 50/50's and every time a break was on he got the ball turned around and passed backwards.

No idea how he's even close to the 18 and Roberts must be seriously wondering what he has to do to get a game.

bobbo

Quote from: J.Perkins on April 19, 2015, 12:53:01 AM
Wondering whether any posters on here were near the great Kavanagh debate, where 1, let's put it, moron, was constantly slating Kavanagh, and there was a group backing Kav up. Great entertainment.
I just could be the moron you are referring to. I'm very pleased I'm educated enough not to be so rude on this forum. I wasn't at the game yesterday but I stick by my opinion that kavanagh isn't and possibly never will be good enough. I could be proved wrong.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

andyk

I think it is very harsh to judge players on a few performances in a poorly performing team, who are struggling against relegation and bereft of any confidence.

If we get an experienced manager in next year every member of the squad will be reviewed and assessed. I have a feeling Kavanagh will get another chance, he can improve and there have been flashes of excellence.

grandad

As the majority of our younger players he is just not quite there. He & the others show good promise but rarely do the job over 90 minutes that are required of them.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Craven Mad

Regarding the Pat vs Kav debate, the one thing Kav has offered is a better end product to the 1st team. Pat largely just dribbles down the line and loses the ball. Kav's less selfish and plays with his head up, so can pick a cross or knows when to shoot.

Ultimately, neither were ready this season but both show promise for next year. They both need match time and to grow up a bit (both mentally and physically). I've been pleased with Kav's contribution in a weak side.

One Martin Thomas

it ain't much of a debate this to be honest.  Kav ain't up to much.  Too slow, too skinny, not a good dribbler, half decent shot on him.  Exceptionally poor yesterday.  We had better players in the youth team that could have made a difference to the run i.e. Chris David.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: andyk on April 19, 2015, 11:13:32 AM
I think it is very harsh to judge players on a few performances in a poorly performing team, who are struggling against relegation and bereft of any confidence.

If we get an experienced manager in next year every member of the squad will be reviewed and assessed. I have a feeling Kavanagh will get another chance, he can improve and there have been flashes of excellence.

We all seemed quite happy to write player with C League experience off.  Voser should have been given more of chance too !  Why not try him Kit ?

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I was not at the game yesterday, but even if he was bad he did provide the perfect centre for our goal. That was the kind of service that Smith has not had enough of.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Craven Mad on April 19, 2015, 11:26:48 AM
Regarding the Pat vs Kav debate, the one thing Kav has offered is a better end product to the 1st team. Pat largely just dribbles down the line and loses the ball. Kav's less selfish and plays with his head up, so can pick a cross or knows when to shoot.

Ultimately, neither were ready this season but both show promise for next year. They both need match time and to grow up a bit (both mentally and physically). I've been pleased with Kav's contribution in a weak side.

When kit goes I can see Kav being loaned out. He doesn't seem ready and is not close to being competition for Husband should we keep him.

Lighthouse

I agree that along with most of the players trying to step up. He simply isn't ready yet. But he did a good enough job in the struggling team he was in. However along with central misfield and defenders and full backs. We are crying out for wide, pacey players. Roberts looks miles away in the brief cameos we have seen of him.

Rebuilding of the squad must include wide players. Something many said this time last season when our squad was going to be destroyed.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Skatzoffc

He's just not ready yet imo.

Certainly nowhere near as good as Husband.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

MikeTheCubed

I could also be the said moron from the great debate, in which I had actually been demanding Kit bring off him rather than laying into Kavanagh himself. When one person lower down to my right did start an angry tirade directly against him, a women close to his left and about one row back from them (I wouldn't be surprised if they were in fact Kavanagh's mother) must have mistaken them for me, and shouted at me to stop singling him out and that Tunnicliffe was just as bad.

The funny part about that is an acquaintance sitting elsewhere later told me they must have been in front of Tunnicliffe's dad, who had a broad Manchester accent, and became displeased whenever anyone said a bad word about Tunnicliffe.

Personally I do prefer Kavanagh over Kačaniklić as for all his said ability Kačaniklić has provided an end-product far too rarely while offering nothing defensively, though if it was down to me I'd have given Stafylidis a go at left midfield as he gives you a bit of everything, albeit while not great. It would also have made sense to keep Stafylidis involved as there's a chance he'll be played at left back against Middlebrough due to Husband being ineligible, where I'd rather not see Richards tried at left back again due to having been roasted at Huddersfield.

(Sorry Mrs. Kavanagh!)

Scrumpy

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on April 19, 2015, 03:02:23 PM
I could also be the said moron from the great debate, in which I had actually been demanding Kit bring off him rather than laying into Kavanagh himself. When one person lower down to my right did start an angry tirade directly against him, a women close to his left and about one row back from them (I wouldn't be surprised if they were in fact Kavanagh's mother) must have mistaken them for me, and shouted at me to stop singling him out and that Tunnicliffe was just as bad.

The funny part about that is an acquaintance sitting elsewhere later told me they must have been in front of Tunnicliffe's dad, who had a broad Manchester accent, and became displeased whenever anyone said a bad word about Tunnicliffe.

Personally I do prefer Kavanagh over Kačaniklić as for all his said ability Kačaniklić has provided an end-product far too rarely while offering nothing defensively, though if it was down to me I'd have given Stafylidis a go at left midfield as he gives you a bit of everything, albeit while not great. It would also have made sense to keep Stafylidis involved as there's a chance he'll be played at left back against Middlebrough due to Husband being ineligible, where I'd rather not see Richards tried at left back again due to having been roasted at Huddersfield.

(Sorry Mrs. Kavanagh!)

This is quite funny because 'Mrs Kavanagh' was in fact Mrs Scrumpy! Strangely, she is not Kav's biggest fan but she hates players being singled out and this bloke had slagged Kav off all first half, and when it continued in the second half (and was clearly audible by the player himself by this point), it all became a bit much and hence the tirade! Always been one to stick up for the underdog or someone who is being picked on (I guess that's why she follows Fulham).

We all have players that we dislike, but our little group make a point to mutter under our breath, rather than act the billy big balls and shout it out at the player himself. I was as surprised as anyone when she piped up, because she was definitely not happy that he was in the team!

For what it's worth, I think he is a great passer of the ball (one of our best) and will follow instructions to the letter. But he struggles with the physical side of the game and I'm not sure if he'll quite make it at this level.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.