watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Does anyone else have this funny feeling

Started by Wearethewhites, April 19, 2015, 10:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

That Kit Symons will still be in charge for the first game of next season?

For me, he speaks to confidently about next season, about rebuilding the team, and how things are going to change. It just feels like he's been given the dreaded vote of confidence, and he bloody knows it.

Sure, he wasn't dealt the best of hands from Magath, bit of a poison chalice, so his argument will be that it wasn't his team, and that he had no investment to bring players in.

Due to the recent upheaval, are the Club going to stick with Kit mainly to continue the stability side of FFC, give him money and the first 10 games, or go with a completely new guy?

I've personally wanted Kit to succeed, due to the type of Fulham guy he is, but it's clear as day he's not the right one to drive a rebuild and push FFC back to the promised land.

Intersting times ahead I feel, and one I really hope the Club gets right.

RaySmith

Well, you could say that he's been a success - keeping us up, when we looked completely doomed when he took over.

davew

We all wanted him to succeed but he didn't, we are lucky that we might still avoid relegation not due to his management but purely due to the fact that there are 3 teams in the league worse than us, hard to imagine but true!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

terryr

He will be gone come the final whistle of the year.
Well maybe there will be a 2 week waiting period to give him a bit of dignity.
Playing the kids
No plan B
deer in the headlights
Dire to pay money and watch it all go down the toilet.
The kids, the local guy experiment...all of it complete with cheer-leading by many on here who have spent all their time obsessed with the under 21s.
Funny how they've stopped that isnt it?
But they meant well and thought that their faith was well placed.
Problem was it wasn't.
Not by a long shot.
We have watched 13 years in the PL go south then stood by as the Championship chewed us up and spit us out.
My how arrogant we were when the season started.
Me too. It makes me cringe looking back at how confident I was.
Come May it will be a new regime.
Khan is no idiot and his investment is well and truly buggered.
He bought the team for an investment.
Remember that.
He wont trust Kid again. He gave him the chance and nadda.
Half the value of purchase price would be generous.
Think Southhampton.....we should be so lucky.
Sell the kids and buy a team.
Sell Roberts ( YES I said that!)
Sell the keeper!
sell em all!
Don't expect anyone to agree.
Now that we are pretty much safe ( no way Millwall will win there next game and we get nothing), we need to start again.
The team will be unrecognisable next year from the manger on down.
I hope so at least.
I'm sure many will hate this as it was their fantasy that the youth would lead us to bounce straight back up.
Too bad it didnt work out.
At least we wont be double relegated in our inaugural Championship season..
Change is coming.
Sweeping change.
Don't like it?
Too bad cause its in the wind... Its all about money isnt it? Khan is no fool.
He will spend big in the summer as the parachute money runs out and financial fair play stacks the odds against us after the next year.
Do or die in 2016.

Wearethewhites

We all talk about a new guy coming in, doing this, doing that etc, but is it really what the Club is looking to do? In a nutshell, we know diddly-squat really, only what we as fans want, but I've a feeling there's a twist to all this. Don't know what, but something's telling me he'll still be in charge.

Jonaldiniho 88

I don't think many are saying he was a success. He has done a distinctly average job and I think it would be a mistake keeping him on. The sooner we get a new man in the quicker we can start the rebuild. 30+ games is enough to prove your worth and I don't think kit has proved he is up for a promotion push.

mikestrand

No five man committee worth their salt would vote for this to continue. If results had stabilised and we were mid table Kit might have stood half a chance, but for whatever reasons over the last 3/4 months they did'nt.
Results speak louder than words in any sport or business.

Lighthouse

The point is that it will go along way to revealing exactly how serious the club is for next season. I wont go on about why Kit did a good job. But clearly whoever comes in needs to bring in plenty of quality players is the main area the club is weak in. Which is everywhere. It will help to know the weakness.

But if we go for a manager out of contract like Big Sam then I think it will be clear the club are just going through the motions. Too many managers linked with us don't exactly make you think the club is serious . It may well be better the devil you know.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: RaySmith on April 19, 2015, 10:28:47 PM
Well, you could say that he's been a success - keeping us up, when we looked completely doomed when he took over.

If you think he has been a success, then there is no hope for us.
As Wooly stated The Chuckle Brothers could have done the job just the same.

Andy S

I believe we need a new manager. There are plenty out there who would do a better job than Kit as I think he has proven that he doesn't have the drive to get us promoted. He is ok if there is no pressure but unless we are just prepared to sit in mid table that will never be the case. In this league you fight for promotion or against relegation. There is no in between. I am not paid to suggest who that should be nor do I have the stake in the club that Khan has. I do know however he needs to get it right before we become just another championship club that used to be in the premier or even worse

Bronaldinho

Should play every game remaining.

It'd help convince him to stay too.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

cmg

Quote from: Bronaldinho on April 20, 2015, 09:51:13 AM
Should play every game remaining.

It'd help convince him to stay too.

Good CB - but too old now.

Think he'll stay anyway.

westcliff white

It would not surprise me if he was still here, but it also wouldn't surprise me if he left.

I am not one for changing managers every 6 months or so because things are not working out, it doesn't give the players confidence as the have to keep changing to different methods of training and tactics etc as well as thinking they may not feature under a new manager and that affects performance. I am not overly happy with how things have gone with Kit, however, if a change is made it has to be for someone who is an improvement on what we have and some of the names being linked are just as inexperienced (something thrown at Kit a lot by some), or just not managers who play football how I like.

Unlike some on this thread (and that isnt a pop at them) I think we are now safe, so consequently am a little relaxed and m looking forward.
Every day is a Fulham day

snarks

For those decrying what Kit has done, just have a look at the teams around Fulham at the bottom of the Table - All have changed their managers, (save Rotherham) Wigan twice.

Blackpool more points than Fulham when Kit took over - Changed manger - Relegated
Wigan more points - Changed manger twice - As near as Relegated
Millwall - Near the top after 4 games - Probably relegated
Rotherham promoted from playoffs last season - more points than Fulham when Kit appointed - with Deduction likely, right in the mire.
Brighton - more points when kit took over - Chris Hughton who some wanted here appointed - right in the thick of it too.
Reading - more points when kit took over - Steve Clarke who some here wanted, games in hand should see them safe but a real struggle
Bolton - More points when Kit took over - Neal Lennon who some here wanted, just 2 points above Fulham now.

Yes I've been dissapointed by some tactics and some performances in recent games, but really to decry what he has done makes me dispair, I don't see that Clarke, Hughton or Lennon have done for their clubs any better than Kit has for Fulham, infact they've done worse.

I left this board for a while because of the negativity to Kit and TBH it was getting me down, I see it hasn't changed. I am amazed given the upheavel that many want more, when the previous candidates preferred haven't set the division on fire with other clubs.

I think he deserves to get his own players and start next season. For those that say he isn't learning, really?
The defence is a problem, 3 of the back 4 are loanees he has bought in. I think he sees the problem.

Midfield diamond, yep it leaves the full backs exposed, however when he has played 442 (which many want) it shows why Fulham don't, no wingers with pace and ability to get crossess in. However he realised that the diamond was too exposed so changed it. The fact he bought Fofana and Gutherie on loan, Kaka and Tunicliffe back makes me think he knew there were issues, tried to address them without throwing a load of money at it, you rarely get good players in January unless you're one of the big 4 at the top of the Prem.

Strikers, Matt Smith was awful when he first arrived, unfit and sent off. Went on loan to Bristol (Hugo was scoring then why not) played himself back to fitness and form, came back in the team and has justified his place. Also bought more out of Ross.

He accepted he needed help, hence Curbs. Blimey what more do you want to see before you accept he knows his limitations, and that he recognises the problems, walking a round with a Football management guide or something.

Wolf

After Magath's abject failure he was still here at the start of the new season, so nothing would surprise me.

However, I will be almost as disappointed as I was then, if Kit is in charge in 3 months time.

Selectively listing managers who have not turned things around is pretty selective ;) (and you can remove Lennon who has dragged Bolton out the mire, and Evans at Rotherham). How about managers who have improved things like promotion hunting Alex Neil with Norwich and Slavisa Jokanovioc at Watford, Gary Rowett at Birmingham. Not all change is bad.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

nose

Like others I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed or went.
I feel it more likely he will remain the manager and providing there are adequate funds and he uses them properly he could yet do well.
If i was the owner i would have already made up my mind so that the minute we are safe a statement would be issued to allow as much tiime as possible for the manager (whoever that is going to be) to prepare for next season.
Dithering would be the  worst thing.

Nightwind15

I guess I was the only one that hope for a quick bounce back into the Prem.  This has been a year of awakening for me in that not actually seeing the quality of of the squad for the first time since coming on board.  Then there is the fear of the drop from this league.  This has been like getting sucker punched at the bar.  I hope the money is found to spend on getting Fulham back to its former glory and in that bring an American or two into he squad to bolster the bank.
I played in the first match I ever saw!

snarks

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 20, 2015, 12:16:19 PM
Quote from: snarks on April 20, 2015, 11:22:44 AM
For those decrying what Kit has done, just have a look at the teams around Fulham at the bottom of the Table - All have changed their managers, (save Rotherham) Wigan twice.

Blackpool more points than Fulham when Kit took over - Changed manger - Relegated
Rotherham promoted from playoffs last season - more points than Fulham when Kit appointed - with Deduction likely, right in the mire.
Brighton - more points when kit took over - Chris Hughton who some wanted here appointed - right in the thick of it too.
Reading - more points when kit took over - Steve Clarke who some here wanted, games in hand should see them safe but a real struggle
Bolton - More points when Kit took over - Neal Lennon who some here wanted, just 2 points above Fulham now.

Yes I've been dissapointed by some tactics and some performances in recent games, but really to decry what he has done makes me dispair, I don't see that Clarke, Hughton or Lennon have done for their clubs any better than Kit has for Fulham, infact they've done worse.

I left this board for a while because of the negativity to Kit and TBH it was getting me down, I see it hasn't changed. I am amazed given the upheavel that many want more, when the previous candidates preferred haven't set the division on fire with other clubs.

I think he deserves to get his own players and start next season. For those that say he isn't learning, really?
The defence is a problem, 3 of the back 4 are loanees he has bought in. I think he sees the problem.

Midfield diamond, yep it leaves the full backs exposed, however when he has played 442 (which many want) it shows why Fulham don't, no wingers with pace and ability to get crossess in. However he realised that the diamond was too exposed so changed it. The fact he bought Fofana and Gutherie on loan, Kaka and Tunicliffe back makes me think he knew there were issues, tried to address them without throwing a load of money at it, you rarely get good players in January unless you're one of the big 4 at the top of the Prem.

Strikers, Matt Smith was awful when he first arrived, unfit and sent off. Went on loan to Bristol (Hugo was scoring then why not) played himself back to fitness and form, came back in the team and has justified his place. Also bought more out of Ross.

He accepted he needed help, hence Curbs. Blimey what more do you want to see before you accept he knows his limitations, and that he recognises the problems, walking a round with a Football management guide or something.

Are you by any chance his Solicitor.

Right profession, wrong client

Lighthouse

Quote from: snarks on April 20, 2015, 11:22:44 AM

065.gif
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

nose

Quote from: Nightwind15 on April 20, 2015, 12:20:19 PM
I guess I was the only one that hope for a quick bounce back into the Prem.  This has been a year of awakening for me in that not actually seeing the quality of of the squad for the first time since coming on board.  Then there is the fear of the drop from this league.  This has been like getting sucker punched at the bar.  I hope the money is found to spend on getting Fulham back to its former glory and in that bring an American or two into he squad to bolster the bank.

keeping felix was gurantee that we would struggle. it was obvious to anybody with any knoweldge of football..... i also hoped and wished to be oproved wrong and on day one thought, 'give him a chance' but after three games i had seen enough. the buiggest problem we have is at the top not doing what needs to be done.