A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who is the World's greatest DIVER!??

Started by Nick Bateman, April 22, 2015, 02:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for whom you think is the biggest cheating diver in football.

Eden Hazard
1 (7.7%)
Raheem Sterling
0 (0%)
Naymar
0 (0%)
Luis Suarez
3 (23.1%)
Cristiano Ronaldo
1 (7.7%)
Arjen Robben
5 (38.5%)
Ashley Young
2 (15.4%)
Glenn Murray
0 (0%)
Ross McCormack
0 (0%)
Other (type name)
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

andyk

I remember a spectacular effort from the great Clive ( the dive) Walker. It was at Griffin Park, I think it ended 3-3, a few decades ago.

I was standing right at the front, a few yards to the side of the goal when Clive went on one of those mesmerising runs down the wing. He cut into the penalty area persued by the Bees full back, got to the touch line, just a yard or two away from my vantage point, realised he could go no further and with perfect synchronicity, launched himself into the air with both arms outstretched.

It was so ridiculous, I started laughing, the Bees defender was now right next to me and started laughing too, he was laughing so much he didn't notice the ref pointing to the spot and when he did realise he was so stunned he didn't complain and, because he didnt complain none of his team-mates did either.
I can't remember what happened next but I think Robert Wilson blasted the ball 10 foot over the bar.

Bill2

Callum Wilson for Bournemouth, was doing it all game against us at the Cottage. Ref should have shown him a yellow after about 15 minutes.

fulhamben

Does karagounis still play? He used to get shot by a dozen snipers in every game for us
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

rubbernecca

Quote from: fulhamben on April 22, 2015, 08:21:47 PM
Does karagounis still play? He used to get shot by a dozen snipers in every game for us
LOL! but the bullets seemed to have missed given his spin acceleration!

Logicalman

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 23, 2015, 02:39:17 AM
My Pet Salmon

I thought he was a champion jumper, not a diver. Anyhow, how come he survived your latest delivery of lemon juice and almond slices? Very nice under the grill for a short, but well cooked, time.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

love4ffc

It's St George's Day !  Make a Knight of it.

Sorry I just had to spread the word for Woolly.  Also it is hard to pick just one.  Diving has become a profession.  One that needs to be stopped in its tracks. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Rupert

Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Rupert

Teddy Maybank ought to be in with a shout. Anyone else recall the game at the Cottage where he was racing into the box, with no hope of catching the ball, when the ref blew up for an injured player further back up the field. Maybank promptly tripped himself up theatrically, then stood up appealing for the penalty. The opposition goalie had rolled the ball back onto the pitch, then wandered off to see how bad the injury off, and the ball was near to the spot, so Teddy strode up and planted it into the back of the net, then wheeled off in celebration with the Hammersmith End cheering him.

He'd probably be booked for it nowadays, mind.

cmg

1978 (Ithink). Arm's Park, Cardiff. Last minute. Wales leading New Zealand by 2 points. Line-out in Welsh 25.

Andy Haden, All-Black 2nd row, dives headlong out of the line and crashes full length on the ground (nodody has touched him). Penalty. All Blacks win!

Ironically the referee who bought this con trick (later admitted by Haden) was Roger Quittendon, the best official I have ever personally been reffed by in any sport.

CorkCity

I always thought John Surtees, and more modern times Nigel Mansell.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Nick Bateman

Poll results have been reset!

For the sake of accuracy VOTE AGAIN please!  Results will be forwarded to the winning player (the biggest 'cheat') with a white feather.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Rupert

Teddy Maybank still isn't up there.

By the by, Nick, isn't resetting the ballot otherwise known as election fraud? Vote the way I want or we'll do it again and again until you do? Democracy has spoken, down with tyrants!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Fernhurst on April 22, 2015, 05:13:19 PM
The First diver I was ever aware of was Franny Lee of Man City.
When he first started, it was considered quite amusing. He was a cheeky chappie getting away with it.

Now it qualifies as a fine art and Bournemouth (15 this season) is the place to study for your Masters!

Your right about Franny Lee, he was clever the way he stuck his leg
Back round opponents leg to make it look like he had been tripped....Cheats Prosper.
Went on to make millions from Bog Rolls..

Nick Bateman

Think I buggered up the poll.  Suarez was well ahead last time so I'd say the winner is LUIS SUAREZ.

I shall mail him the white feather of cowardice forthwith!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Irelands_number1

Duff is the best I've ever seen at winning free kicks. It was the way he just dropped, it was very clever he rarely got pulled on it and won an awful lot of them.