watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-stupid childish Scottish FA

Started by bog, April 22, 2015, 09:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

I may have read this wrong but....Celtic got the right ump cos the poor diddums were not awarded a penalty at 1-0 up v Inverness in last Sunday's cup tie and went on to lose 2-3. So much so that they wrote to the SFA asking why they did not get one. Boo Whoo boo whoo. Of course the FA could not order a replay as a precedent would be set and seasons could go on for three years. However they have decided to ban the player whose supposed hand ball has caused the off field fracas from playing in the final.
What load of cobblers! Would they have done the same if it was the other way round? Of course not!!!!  Did Sepp Blatter have something to do with this!!!!  :dft007: Grrrr.

092.gif   

Fernhurst

This is news to me Captain...... diabolical decision by the SFA.
I watched the match and was mightly impressed with ITC's performance against the big boys.
Ok the officials made a cock up... Happens in every game.
So sorry for the player involved, missing the final. Do hope Celtic are content with their actions
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

dannyboi-ffc

Don't know if I'm allowed to join in here as I'm a few decades off of the minimum age limit   :005: 092.gif but just wanted to say I'm glad someone posted this. It was clearly handball but the cheek of Celtic to report it and feel hard done by is pathetic and shows them to be a poor club in my opinion. I am sure like most things football Celtic get a lot more go their way than others and it  makes me go off of football a bit. Inverness were the better team from what I saw and deserved the win, their player will probably never make another final again whilst Celtic will make hundreds.

Very poor sportsmanship from Scotland's biggest representatives.

Good post!  :54:
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

bog

Morning fellow posters. It is actions like this that are killing the game for me. Divers, managers who defend them, millionaire players who abuse their very fortunate gift and from FIFA down dickheads running (ruining) the game. Grr. I watched Celtic win the European Cup in 1967, the fact that their team had 10 born in Glasgow made a big impression on me. However this moronic childish behaviour of the club has tainted that history, where has humility and good grace gone? 

092.gif   

Fernhurst

Very well put Captain....

Where has humility and good grace gone??

When I hear the boos tumbling from the stands and the bloke in front of me leap to his feet and scream "you feffing c Kit" whilst surrounded by families I fear it has left our game never to return.
Will we ever have a player nicknamed Gentleman again, although Brian and Aaron have been close in the recent past.

Celtic were desperate to win the treble, and submitted a childish appeal.
The SFA were forced to do something purely due to it being Celtic and the result has left both Celtic and the SFA red faced.

Remember Gemills goal well Captain ...... Watched it in a garage while waiting to jet off on a European tour with my team.

Berserker

Well if Ross McCormack joins Celtic in the summer he will probably be playing in the Champions league next year, something he won't ever be doing if he stays with us
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Fernhurst

Inverness Appealed and SFA relented......... No wonder.

Disciplinary charge dismissed ........ Josh Meekings will now play in final.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Fernhurst on April 23, 2015, 06:39:26 PM
Inverness Appealed and SFA relented......... No wonder.

Disciplinary charge dismissed ........ Josh Meekings will now play in final.

bog

Sensible outcome. But the SFA have made themselves look rather stupid and Celtic rather arrogant. Good luck to the player. 

092.gif

Fernhurst

While we are talking all things Inverness Caledonian Thistle, we really should get our hands on Ryan Christie, a terrifically talented 19 year old. Really made Brown the Celtic skipper look a mug........ additionally I know his Dad, smashing bloke.

bog

Fernhurst, I have not heard of that lad. Surely other clubs are watching. I doubt Fulham are though.

092.gif

Fernhurst

Other teams are definitely watching his development Captain.
His Dad is possibly the most talented player to come out of Inverness. He spent some time with Celtic on the fringes of the first team but despite being both quick in mind and feet was a bit lightweight to progress.
Like a few of ours Captain, Ryan needs to bulk up a bit before someone takes the plunge.

Fernhurst

Maybe we do have a scout in the North of Scotland Captain....... Grimmer came from Aberdeen

bog

LBNo11

...their meeting always remind me of this inspired headline:-

"SUPER CALEY GO BALLISTIC, CELTIC ARE ATROCIOUS"

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Fernhurst

Still in Highland League I believe when they went down to Glasgow and beat Celtic in the cup.
John Barnes was manager and was sacked next day!!

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

Could we ever forget that headline!!

092.gif

cmg

Quote from: bog on April 23, 2015, 07:03:33 PM
Sensible outcome. But the SFA have made themselves look rather stupid and Celtic rather arrogant. Good luck to the player. 

092.gif

Haha. One of those occasions when appearances are NOT deceptive.

Problem up there is that with the Huns at least temporarilly out of the equation, Celtic are left as a very fat tail wagging a skinny and frightened dog.

bog