watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

suicidal tactics from borro

Started by fulhamben, April 25, 2015, 05:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

a draw would have took them to still in it on the last day, now bournemouth just need a win on monday to go up. dont think id be too impressed with that had it of been us
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MiltonBurrows

Couldn't believe the keeper went up for it. Not sure what he/they were thinking. Coming from 2 goals behind with 10 men then ruining it all with as you said 'suicidal' tactics must be soul destroying for their fans.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Lighthouse

Just said the same thing on another thread. Madness considering the way the game was going.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

davew

We will probably sign their keeper in the Summer, would add a bit of height defending corners!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Craven Mad

Massive mistake from them. They should've taken a point and hoped Bournemouth made a mistake.

In fairness, one mistake from their keeper cost them a goal, but his performance today saved them at least 2 others.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: MiltonBurrows on April 25, 2015, 05:08:36 PM
Couldn't believe the keeper went up for it. Not sure what he/they were thinking. Coming from 2 goals behind with 10 men then ruining it all with as you said 'suicidal' tactics must be soul destroying for their fans.

We were on the ropes.  We looked like conceding at pretty much every turn towards the end so it was infinitely more likely that they'd get a fourth rather than us.

fulhamben

Quote from: davew on April 25, 2015, 05:12:55 PM
We will probably sign their keeper in the Summer, would add a bit of height defending corners!
he made some great saves to be fair. kept them right in it

fulhamben

Quote from: God The Mechanic on April 25, 2015, 05:13:51 PM
Quote from: MiltonBurrows on April 25, 2015, 05:08:36 PM
sending a keeper up is a last ditch attempt. a draw would have meant they took it to the last game. suicidal all day long.

We were on the ropes.  We looked like conceding at pretty much every turn towards the end so it was infinitely more likely that they'd get a fourth rather than us.

davew

Quote from: fulhamben on April 25, 2015, 05:14:10 PM
Yes he did and he would be a good signing for us!!

davew

But first we need to appoint a new manager!!! Has that been suggested before todays match??

keithh

Talking about a Mid'bro keeper joining us reminds me Schwarzer who joined us just after they beat us up there a few years ago - great memories of him.

gerrys

When I saw him go up I thought "what the hell is he doing that for, it's not as if they're losing and he might score an equaliser" but to do it when they had a result in their pockets was madness.

Logicalman

Quote from: davew on April 25, 2015, 05:17:50 PM

Totally agree mate. My only thought throughout the game was that Betts has no confidence and the backs are sensing this and its affecting their play.

Even if the keeper isn't all he should be, as long as he does exude confidence the backs can play that little more comfortably, but Betts hasn't improved this season and we need someone in for the next campaign.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

fulhamben

Quote from: Logicalman on April 25, 2015, 06:16:09 PM
Quote from: davew on April 25, 2015, 05:17:50 PM

Totally agree mate. My only thought throughout the game was that Betts has no confidence and the backs are sensing this and its affecting their play.

Even if the keeper isn't all he should be, as long as he does exude confidence the backs can play that little more comfortably, but Betts hasn't improved this season and we need someone in for the next campaign.
id give him ago next year, after all the new manager will surely have the back four more organised

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 25, 2015, 07:12:04 PM
We are only 25 points behind sixth place.
so, not so doomed after all

SouthfieldWhite

Funny how kit got criticised for settling for a point against Wigan, but you thought the Boro manager was wrong to go for it against us?

A boro win would of put a lot more pressure on Bournemouth on Monday, and the way the game was going, could only see them scoring again

Nero

Suicidal nonsense, it was a corner against us and i dont think they had scored from one he must have thought this is a goal for sure go on up lad

fulhamben

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on April 25, 2015, 09:48:53 PM
Funny how kit got criticised for settling for a point against Wigan, but you thought the Boro manager was wrong to go for it against us?

A boro win would of put a lot more pressure on Bournemouth on Monday, and the way the game was going, could only see them scoring again
come on now, even you can see the difference from swapping a striker for a defender, and sending your keeper up when you are down to ten when a point puts you in second place in the league

JDH101