watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just Got Back

Started by Peabody, April 25, 2015, 06:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

You can moan as much as you like but I thoroughly enjoyed that game. OK we let a two goal lead go against ten men but, in my opinion, we deserved to win that game. We by far the better team in the first half but Borough threw it away by allowing the keeper to go up for the corner.

Also liked Mr Khans article in the proramme, undoubtably there will be those cynics amongst you, who will say it is merely a PR exercise but I liked what I read. So, go ahead and moan as much as you like. Ian a happy man

ChesterTheTabby

Any chance you can give me a synopsis of the Mr. Khan's article in the program? I would like to know what he said.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Fulham Tup North

I am glad 'Ian' is a happy man ;)
Any win leaves me happy too :)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

madffc

very enjoyable 2nd half, 6 goals, 2 pens, a red card.. there keeper going up for a corner.. we won.. just nice to win last home game

WestCountryWhite

Quote from: Peabody on April 25, 2015, 06:51:38 PM
You can moan as much as you like but I thoroughly enjoyed that game. OK we let a two goal lead go against ten men but, in my opinion, we deserved to win that game. We by far the better team in the first half but Borough threw it away by allowing the keeper to go up for the corner.

Also liked Mr Khans article in the proramme, undoubtably there will be those cynics amongst you, who will say it is merely a PR exercise but I liked what I read. So, go ahead and moan as much as you like. Ian a happy man

You post alot of sense then have to go and put those daft comments in about moaning.

Thought we throughly deserved today did our best Fulhamish attempt at throwing it away but got over the line. If we played with that intensity ever week then no one would be calling for Kits head

Peabody

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on April 25, 2015, 06:55:53 PM

Also liked Mr Khans article in the proramme, undoubtably there will be those ciynics amongst you, who will say it is merely a PR exercise but I liked what I read. So, go ahead and moan as much as you like. Ian a happy man

You post alot of sense then have to go and put those daft comments in about moanin

Thought we throughly deserved today did our best Fulhamish attempt at throwing it away but got over the line. If we played with that intensity ever week then no one would be calling for Kits head

Just giving my opinion old chap

jarv

Beat Norwich next week and it is a MID TABLE finish. :yay:

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 25, 2015, 07:37:22 PM
We are all Happy. Which calls for a toast. I drink to your Health Genitalmen, and I also like to drink to swimming with Bow Legged Women.
Cheers........
You might need a bigger boat!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

YankeeJim

Quote from: Peabody on April 25, 2015, 07:12:46 PM
Quote from: WestCountryWhite on April 25, 2015, 06:55:53 PM

Also liked Mr Khans article in the proramme, undoubtably there will be those ciynics amongst you, who will say it is merely a PR exercise but I liked what I read. So, go ahead and moan as much as you like. Ian a happy man

You post alot of sense then have to go and put those daft comments in about moanin

Just giving my opinion old chap

Mr. Peabody,
You should know by now that whining and crying is what the newer bread of FOF'ers prefer. Yea, today was a mess but a most enjoyable ending. I wonder if the Boro fans are complaining about their tactics at the end? We'll soon have another silly season followed by a new FFC come August. I'll be optimistic and I know you will be as well. Lets hope that the nattering nabobs of negativity either learn that being a Fulham fan is a roller coaster of emotions and learn to take their happiness where they can, rather than moan all the time. Life is entirely too short to dwell on the negative.
I'll likely get blasted for this comment but that's fine. I'll know I struck a cord.

COYW!  082.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Andy S

Nobody can be unhappy with the result against a team pushing for promotion. However I hope some of the holes that seem to appear in our defence are sealed in the summer. I also cannot see how we can allow 10 men to dominate us, while having so few chances ourselves. Bettineli also showed  that although he is a good shot stopper, He is week in the air. The idea of lumping the ball up pitch and not playing it out from the back is also bizarre.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

My nerves are shot,I know that much 049:gif
Hell of a game and everybody got their money's worth
Here's to next season and I'll be getting my season ticket back too! 078.gif

Peabody

Totally appreciate your words Jim. Unfortunately, those who where not there, will not appreciate this (and I am not having a go at them for that) there was a more relaxed atmosphere at the game today, which did get a bit less so when Boro came back but our players seemed less tense and at times looked quite comfortable on the ball. At half time, a lot of our supporters took advantage of the generous odds being offered bi the betting office.

bigalffc

I am just back too and me and my family had a great day. I'm now drinking to more like that next season. :wine: 049:gif
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

JDH101

The first half was dire. Absolute dross. Hugo had one snapshot that their keeper did very well to save. Other than that I don't know how you think we were by far the better side. Neither team did anything. I even think our goal was offside but haven't seen a good angle of the goal yet.

If you don't think they absolutely battered us in the second half then we must have been at different games. The only reason, only reason, we had any chances was because they were pushing on, desperately trying to win the game. It gave us so much space on the counter.

We got totally out played and were set up defensively in a game that we had no pressure to get a result. The pitch was gorgeous and why he wouldn't give Roberts a start is beyond me. Todays result papered over the cracks for me. Don't get me wrong, fun game to watch with lots of goals, but to say we were the better team in the first half and deserved to win the game is not what I saw at all.

fulhamben

Quote from: JDH101 on April 25, 2015, 10:44:17 PM

The first half was dire. Absolute dross. Hugo had one snapshot that their keeper did very well to save. Other than that I don't know how you think we were by far the better side. Neither team did anything. I even think our goal was offside but haven't seen a good angle of the goal yet.

If you don't think they absolutely battered us in the second half then we must have been at different games. The only reason, only reason, we had any chances was because they were pushing on, desperately trying to win the game. It gave us so much space on the counter.

We got totally out played and were set up defensively in a game that we had no pressure to get a result. The pitch was gorgeous and why he wouldn't give Roberts a start is beyond me. Todays result papered over the cracks for me. Don't get me wrong, fun game to watch with lots of goals, but to say we were the better team in the first half and deserved to win the game is not what I saw at all.
as to goal, I've seen a few angles, none of which show an offside shot either way. But it looks like it might be headed to turner by the defender meaning it can't be offside
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Peabody

That's right, we must have been watching different games!!! Pity you weren't at the game I was at.

BishopsParkFantastic

I was there, and I agree with you .....other supporters around me also felt the same.

Peabody

Look, my main aim in going to a football match, is to enjoy the game, I am not paid to worry about the style of play, that's for others. However, the claim that we were battered is not backed up by the stats, we had over 50 per cent of the game and whilst they had more shots, we had more shots on goal. At the end of the day, football is simple, make more mistakes and you generally lose the game and after 90 mins, Middlesborough made more mistakes and finally, I enjoyed the game, the result (something I haven't done for a while) and the day but then, I am a simple person who is easily pleased.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 25, 2015, 07:37:22 PM
We are all Happy. Which calls for a toast. I drink to your Health Genitalmen, and I also like to drink to swimming with Bow Legged Women.
Cheers........
Hilarious as usual - not!

JDH101

Quote from: Peabody on April 26, 2015, 02:37:24 AM
Look, my main aim in going to a football match, is to enjoy the game, I am not paid to worry about the style of play, that's for others. However, the claim that we were battered is not backed up by the stats, we had over 50 per cent of the game and whilst they had more shots, we had more shots on goal. At the end of the day, football is simple, make more mistakes and you generally lose the game and after 90 mins, Middlesborough made more mistakes and finally, I enjoyed the game, the result (something I haven't done for a while) and the day but then, I am a simple person who is easily pleased.

I hear you. Loud and clear. But this is a forum for people to post their opinions, which is all I am doing. I love Fulham. Born and bread. Grew up 20 second walk from the ground. Literally. 142 Harbord St. Been through the crap times, been through the great times. I hate seeing my club, which is in my DNA, fall so quickly and pathetically.

The last 3 - 4 seasons have been nothing but crap on the field, and gross incompetence off it. I'm fed up. I won't stand for it. We have been woeful under Kit this season. Today was no different. We just got lucky that we won to paper over the cracks. We were 3-1 up to ten men. And almost, almost, lost it, and were very very lucky to have won or even got the draw.

Stats can cover up the truth. We were poor and we are poor. I'm glad you enjoyed the game today, but if the current management team stays for next season, your enjoyment of games will be around the same as it was this season. Kit is a nice guy but he is utterly clueless and out of his depth. I have not seen him do one thing since Felix left that has impressed me or made me think he is in any way a motivator / good tactician / leader, or dare I say it, that intelligent. Its just football cliche after football cliche.

Sorry for the rant, but the red wine has kicked in. I guess we are different. I can't just go to the game and be happy if we won, indifferent if we draw and gutted if we lose, like you. I need to know we are heading in the right direction, building something for the future, so we can all enjoy a lot more games. But I don't see anything from Kit that makes me think that. And I'm not going to be happy just because we won. That seems short sighted to me.

Rant over. All the best. Jamie.