watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Now What About The Riverside Stand?

Started by SouthIslandWhite, April 26, 2015, 12:17:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthIslandWhite

I know we almost did the double drop, but what is the latest and greatest, does anyone know?

I have not hear a peep about it lately.   094.gif

Frankly I am glad because I think we need to focus on the club not new stands which we can't afford at the moment... but anyway.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

Robertw

Apparently not hiring out any hospitality suites in the riverside due to drilling work for the new stand

fulhamben

I'm by no means an expert on the situation, but the last I remember seeing is that we are waiting on some sort of river license. We will know by early May as that is when the window for appeal closes
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

The club are waiting for the appeal timescale for the river licence to end before they make a statement, which the FST were told would be in May.
The plans for the stand may well be exhibited during the summer with the chance for fans to give their views.
Unfortunately no major work is due this summer,  although a lot of plans are in place throughout the ground. Some box's turned into a bar in hammy end I believe,  new restaurant at the club. Few bits and pieces to be done.
We have a meeting with club in two or three weeks so may know more then.

Riversider

Slightly off topic MJG, but at the next meeting can you please raise the topic of wi-fi and ask what can be done to improve it ?
Other clubs dont have a problem supplying it , and ive been at Ascot Racecourse with 70,000 others and still got wi-fi , but not at Fulham , and yet I can stand next to The Johnny Haynes Statue and its ok but ive had it once I step inside the ground, in this modern world where you can now get wi-fi on buses, trains and even the underground is not acceptable,
The club provides it for the hospitality lounges so why not everywhere else ?
If you could ask, I would very much appreciate it, thanks.

MJG

No problem. It's a subject I have followed via one of the trade mags and yes more and more clubs are offering it at a not that much expense,  so yep I'll put in on agenda.
I changed to a 4g two years ago and it was great in the ground,  but as more people have signed up for it... Just as 3g...as always it slows down to a crawl.

Andy S

From yesterdays programme, Shahid Khan wrote "I know that a lot of you are curious as to the progress on the plans for the Riverside Stand, and I can tell you we're on track to provide a comprehensive update later this year. On this and other matters of understandable interest to you I will be in touch".

It doesn't mean a lot really but that's it

SG

Quote from: Andy S on April 26, 2015, 09:55:37 AM
From yesterdays programme, Shahid Khan wrote "I know that a lot of you are curious as to the progress on the plans for the Riverside Stand, and I can tell you we're on track to provide a comprehensive update later this year. On this and other matters of understandable interest to you I will be in touch".

It doesn't mean a lot really but that's it
Usual verbiage from the Chairman. Don't hold your breath waiting for this project to start in earnest - in my view of course

SouthIslandWhite

Thanks to all and special thanks to Andy S for that piece from the programme.  It tells me a lot frankly.

My take away:  Chairman is about to cancel the lot.  And properly so IMO, we just ain't ready.  Not in the Championship anyway.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

westcliff white

I am all for the redevelopment personally, think it shows a commitment from the chairman if it goes ahead. As will investment in the playing squad this summer but that's off topic on this thread
Every day is a Fulham day