watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff 27.04.15

Started by Friendsoffulham, April 27, 2015, 08:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Man Utd transfer news and rumours: Club leading race to sign Fulham wunderkind Patrick Roberts
Transfers: Latest news, rumours and gossip for Man Utd in 2015, with the highly-rated midfielder set to join the club this summer

Manchester United are in pole position to sign Fulham youngster Patrick Roberts this summer, according to Metro.

The 18-year-old has made 16 appearances in the Championship this season, and has attracted the interest of Arsenal, Manchester City, and Chelsea, as well as United.

Fulham are keen to keep the player and have reportedly offered him a new contract, but United will test their resolve with a £10 million offer for the midfielder.

PSV forward and long-time United target Memphis Depay meanwhile has played down talk of a move to Old Trafford this summer.

Depay told the Mirror: "No. I know nothing myself so I have nothing to say. Otherwise I wouldn't say this.

"Of course I'm looking at beautiful leagues. And then it's always nice if clubs are interested. But I don't want to say anything about that."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11564993/Man-Utd-transfer-news-and-rumours-Club-leading-race-to-sign-Fulham-wunderkind-Patrick-Roberts.html

Friendsoffulham

Norwich City's walking wounded in contention for Fulham finale

Alex Tettey missed Norwich City's trip to Rotherham to rest a knee condition. Picture by Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd Alex Tettey missed Norwich City's trip to Rotherham to rest a knee condition.

Alex Neil made it clear during the build-up City's gruelling recent run had taken its toll and the City manager opted not to risk Whittaker (hamstring) and Tettey (knee).

Scottish international Whittaker had featured in the last 17 games but Russell Martn was switched to right-back in his absence.

"Steven had a tight hamstring. We tried him on Friday but he wasn't quite ready for it," said Neil. "Alex has found it really, really tough with three games in six days and wasn't quite ready as well. I think both will have an opportunity to be ready for Fulham."

Neil had previously labelled Norwegian international Tettey as 'one-of-a-kind' in his squad but the combative midfielder has managed a knee condition for the majority of the season.

The 28-year-old's unfortunate early own goal cost City against Middlesbrough but there was no repeat of such ,a sluggish start at the New York stadium.

"We always want to start well and get up and quickly into the game but, particularly after the Boro game, when it cost us, it was something we discussed," said Neil. "I wanted to make sure we took the game to them from the off. The Boro game was unlike us. Perhaps there is only two occasions I can recollect, which is Wigan and Middlesbrough, when we have done that.

"I have been in professional football since I was 16. I was desperate every game I played to be the best on the pitch but there were some occasions when I came off and had been rotten and it wasn't for the lack of effort, you are just missing that wee spark. It is hard to understand as a collective why quite a few just didn't switch on (in those games). I never came off thinking the manager made me play well, when I played well it was because of me but what tends to happen when you come off and you haven't played well then it is always somebody else's fault."

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich_city_s_walking_wounded_in_contention_for_fulham_finale_1_4049521

Friendsoffulham

My Future Goal Success

Fulham Football Club Foundation's success at getting long-term unemployed young people into work was celebrated at an event on Wednesday evening at Barclays' Canary Wharf headquarters in London.

The three-year My Future Goal employability programme, supported by Barclays, targeted 300 young people aged 16-25 not in education, employment or training (NEETS). The programme offered a series of 10-week units which helped develop the participants' employability skills. My Future Goal aimed to increase employment opportunities for participants by helping them gain new qualifications, develop key employment skills such as teamwork, leadership and communication, as well as providing relevant work-related training.

Over the three years, an impressive 75 per cent of those who completed the programme gained employment, or returned to formal education. Furthermore, an independent evaluation conducted by the Walker Research Group during the three-year period showed significant positive changes in: emotional wellness, technical skills, self-efficacy, employability skills and employability ambition.

The event showcased Fulham FC Foundation's impact to a broad audience including Barclays employees, referral partners and employers, as well as over a dozen graduates from the programme. Fulham FC First Team players George Williams and Alexander Kačaniklić also attended to give their support to the work of the Club's charity and to meet some young people who secured work after the programme.

Barclays' support for the My Future Goal programme is part of its wider commitment to changing five million Young Futures around the world. Paulette Cohen, Head of Global Community Investment Programmes at Barclays, said: "For 10 years Barclays has been investing in sports facilities and programmes in the UK communities.

"We know that sport is a powerful tool to get young people involved and help them develop the skills and confidence to gain meaningful employment or training. The achievements of the young people involved in the My Future Goal programme are truly remarkable, and it's great to see them go on to secure jobs with Barclays and other employers in the local area."

Steven Day, Chief Executive of Fulham FC Foundation, said: "We have been delighted to have had the support from Barclays over the last three years to run such an amazing programme.

"Our staff have worked phenomenally hard to engage and support young people with a huge range of challenges and needs and we are simply delighted with the impact we have been able to achieve. We look forward to continuing our work with more young people in need of our support for the next three years."

Graduates from Surrey and South, West and Central London learnt a variety of new skills and acquired credentials and experiences, ranging from a Sport Leaders qualification, accredited units in CV writing, money management, interview techniques, as well as vocational learning through work experience and volunteering in the local community.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/april/27/my-future-goal-success

Friendsoffulham

Manchester United Eyeing Deal For One Of England's Highest-Rated Stars

Louis van Gaal's side are closing in on a summer deal for Fulham starlet Patrick Roberts according to the latest reports this morning.

The Old Trafford club have long been linked with a move for the Fulham starlet joining Premier League giants Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal who have all expressed interest.

And now according to the latest reports at the Metro Van Gaal's men are readying to battle the trio and is plotting a £10million summer bid for the forward who has stared for the Craven Cottage club in a season to forget for the West Londoners.

The 18-year-old England youngster is destined for big things and is rated as one of the most promising forwards in the country meaning that at £10million a deal could prove to be highly lucrative in the future.

The Whites are rumoured to be so desperate to keep hold of their prized possession that reports suggest that the club have offered the star a 600% wage rise in the hope of persuading the player to stay on the banks of the River Thames.

http://sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/manchester-united-eyeing-deal-for-one-of-england-s-highest-rated-stars-40525/

Friendsoffulham

Kit Symons: 'Boro took big risks to get back into the game, maybe they thought Lady Luck was smiling on them'

The Fulham boss described Boro as an 'excellent' side and praised Ross McCormack for his cool head in front of goal

Fulham manager Kit Symons

Kit Symons wasn't surprised to see Dimi Konstantopoulos charging forward at the death as Boro looked to snatch the points at Craven Cottage.

The Fulham boss said Boro "maybe thought Lady Luck was smiling on them" after battling back from 3-1 down to level the game in the final minute.

But with bodies committed forward, Ross McCormack broke to seal his hat-trick and wrap up the points for the lowly Cottagers.

"The game is about taking risks," said Symons.

"The way it had gone for them - 3-1 down, a man light - they took big risks and it got them back into the game so they maybe thought lady luck was smiling on them today.

"They're an excellent side with a very good manager."

Symons added: "It was a proper rollercoaster of a game. I thought we actually played very well, it was a good performance I was very keen to make sure we gave that to the fans."

Former target Ross McCormack was Fulham's matchwinner, taking his tally to the season to 19 in all competitions - extremely impressive given the fact the Cottagers have struggled in the bottom half throughout the season.

He completed his hat-trick in the dying seconds as he rounded Dimi, who had raced back to his own box, before rolling the ball into the empty net.

"Ross could have gone early (with the shot). I'm sure that temptation was there and I'm sure he thought about it but in the end he made the right decision and I was delighted to see that one roll over the line into the back of the net.

"That's a pressure situation but that's something that Ross thrives on.

"He loves those situations and he was probably the calmest man in the Cottage."

Symons told GetWestLondon: "The pressure was off us and as much as the spectre of relegation was no longer around, I wanted a really good performance from the players, as well as getting a result,"

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kit-symons-boro-took-big-9125818

Friendsoffulham

John O'Brien: 1963-2015

Everyone at Fulham was saddened to learn this weekend of the death of the Club's Head of London Recruitment John O'Brien.

After spells working for Wycombe Wanderers, Queens Park Rangers, Liverpool and Arsenal, John was brought to Fulham by Huw Jennings and Malcolm Elias in July 2009 and was tasked with heading up the Academy's scouting programme in the capital.

With a focus on young players aged from six to 16, John played a key role in bringing the stars of tomorrow through our successful Academy.

A very popular man around the Training Ground where he had many, many friends, John's sense of humour, integrity, spirit, and dedication to the Club will be remembered by all at Motspur Park.

John loved his work and his passing will have saddened many Academy players and their families, across the age ranges.

We send our thoughts to John's family and friends at this sad time.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/april/27/john-obrien-1963-2015

Friendsoffulham

Turner: Special Moment

Michael Turner was thrilled to cap his final Fulham appearance with a goal and three points against Middlesbrough on Saturday.

The on-loan centre-back is ineligible to feature against parent club Norwich City on the final day, so the meeting with Boro was his farewell appearance for the Whites. It could hardly have been more dramatic as Ross McCormack snatched a 4-3 victory with practically the last kick of the game.

But it was a win that was fully deserved, Turner insists.

"Particularly the first half I thought we were excellent," he told fulhamfc.com. "We won a lot of the first and second balls and I think we dictated most of the half really.

"They're a quality team and they had to win and come at us second half. They put quite a bit of pressure on but we came through it in the end, so we're all delighted.

"There was no pressure on us going into it as we were safe after the [Millwall] result in midweek. We've put in a lot of hard work over the last few weeks to secure our status for next season, which was certainly the aim when I first came in. We're delighted with the performance and the result on Saturday."

After fighting back from 3-1 down to draw level, Boro's desire to take maximum points back to Teeside was evident when they sent goalkeeper Dimi Konstantopoulos up for a corner deep into stoppage time.

The gamble backfired spectacularly, though, as Fulham got the ball up as far as McCormack who did the rest after bombing halfway down the pitch.

"I was a little bit surprised," Turner said of seeing Konstantopoulos jaunt forward for the set-piece. "They obviously felt a point wasn't good enough for them so pushed more men forward and ended up paying the price, which we're thrilled about.

"They pushed everyone forward for that last corner hoping to get the win but we managed to nick it which I think was deserved really in the end on the balance of play."

With seven goals, a red card, two penalties and a late winner, the game was a fantastic advert for the Sky Bet Championship, and Turner was pleased to send the home fans happy from our final Craven Cottage fixture of the season.

"From our point of view it's disappointing to concede three goals but hopefully the fans enjoyed the game," he said. "They come in their numbers every week and have been used to success over the last however many years playing in the Premier League, so it's been a tough year for everyone and one that I'm sure everyone will have learnt a lot from.

"We've got so much quality in this team. Before I came here I was surprised at the position Fulham were in, so I think the team can learn a whole lot from this season and hopefully take it into a successful year next season."

Turner was the man responsible for sending the Whites into half-time with an advantage, as he got off the mark for the Club with a diving header just before the break after Shaun Hutchinson had done brilliantly to beat Ryan Fredericks to Bryan Ruiz's cross.

"It was very nice to score," he admitted. "It was the first game my daughter's been to so it was a special moment for my family and it was a great way for me to sign off for the season.

"The ball went over my head and then Hutchy made a good header against his man and I turned around it was there nicely, so I just nodded it in and away we go!

"I was quite near the line so I thought maybe it was offside but I saw the linesman running off so I ran the other way!"

It was the perfect way for Turner to conclude his time in SW6 – a period he has enjoyed immensely as he helped Fulham secure their second-tier status.

"I came here with the Club sort of half looking over their shoulder at relegation, and I always felt that would never be an issue really," he said. "Obviously we'd have liked to have put it to bed earlier, it dragged out a little bit.

"Everyone at the Club has been really welcoming and I've thoroughly enjoyed my time, even though it was just a short period. It's been very much enjoyable and one I'll always remember."

And having scored four times against a team that had previously shipped just 33 league goals all season, Turner thinks the Whites can go to fourth-place Norwich full of confidence on Saturday.

"Again, there'll be no pressure on us," he said. "It will be a tough game away at Norwich but another game where we can just go and express ourselves, so it's one to look forward to I think."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/april/27/turner-reaction

Friendsoffulham

Boro 'have no plans to recall James Husband' after George Friend red card

George Friend's sending off at Fulham leaves Aitor Karanka with a left-back vacancy, but he does not plan on recalling on-loan James Husband

Boro have no plans to recall James Husband from his loan with Fulham.

George Friend's sending off at Fulham and subsequent one match ban means Aitor Karanka has a vacancy at left-back for Saturday's home fixture with Brighton at the Riverside.

The Gazette understands Husband, who joined Fulham on March 25 for the remainder of the season, will not be coming back to Teesside before the final weekend of the Championship season.

There's still time for Karanka to change his mind, but it looks at this stage that he's going to pursue a different option.

Fernando Amorebietta, who joined Boro from Fulham on the same day Husband moved south, can play at left-back, so is a likely candidate.

Alternatively, Karanka could move Ryan Fredriecks or Dwight Tiendalli over from the right or slot left-footed centre-back Ben Gibson in at full-back.

Another option is Adam Reach, who covered the left side of the pitch when he was brought on at Fulham and did a good job for the team.

Friend, who was dismissed on Saturday for denying a goalscoring opportunity, will be eligible for the play-offs if Boro miss out on automatic promotion.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/boro-have-no-plans-recall-9126356

Friendsoffulham

Michael Turner warns Norwich City face a tough final day task against loan club Fulham

Norwich City defender Michael Turner signed off his Fulham loan spell with a goal for the Cottagers in their 4-3 Championship win over Middlesbrough. Picture by Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd Norwich City defender Michael Turner signed off his Fulham loan spell with a goal for the Cottagers in their 4-3 Championship win over Middlesbrough.

Norwich City defender Michael Turner insists Fulham can turn on the style in a final day Championship trip to his parent club after signing off a Cottagers' loan spell in style.

Turner is ineligible to face the Canaries in this weekend's Championship finale under the terms of his short-term move to Craven Cottage, which ended with a goalscoring flourish in the Whites' 4-3 win over City's promotion rivals Middlesbrough on a landmark occasion for the 31-year-old's family.

"It was the first game my daughter's been to so it was a special moment for my family and it was a great way for me to sign off for the season," he said. "The ball went over my head and then Hutchy (Shaun Hutchinson) made a good header against his man and I turned around it was there nicely, so I just nodded it in and away we go. I was quite near the line so I thought maybe it was offside but I saw the linesman running off so I ran the other way.

"I came here with the club sort of half looking over their shoulder at relegation, and I always felt that would never be an issue really. Obviously we'd have liked to have put it to bed earlier, it dragged out a little bit.

"Everyone at the club has been really welcoming and I've thoroughly enjoyed my time, even though it was just a short period. It's been very much enjoyable and one I'll always remember.

"It will be a tough game away at Norwich but another game where we can just go and express ourselves, so it's one to look forward to I think."

Turner, speaking to Fulham's official site, insists the Cottagers proved against Boro they are in a false position in the league table.

"Particularly the first half I thought we were excellent," he said. "We won a lot of the first and second balls and I think we dictated most of the half really.

"They're a quality team and they had to win and come at us second half. They put quite a bit of pressure on but we came through it in the end, so we're all delighted.

"There was no pressure on us going into it as we were safe after the (Millwall) result in midweek. We've put in a lot of hard work over the last few weeks to secure our status for next season, which was certainly the aim when I first came in. We're delighted with the performance and the result on Saturday.

"We've got so much quality in this team. Before I came here I was surprised at the position Fulham were in, so I think the team can learn a whole lot from this season and hopefully take it into a successful year next season."

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/michael_turner_warns_norwich_city_face_a_tough_final_day_task_against_loan_club_fulham_1_4050381

Friendsoffulham

Michael Turner pleased with contribution during final match on loan with Fulham

Michael Turner was delighted to sign off with a goal and three points as his loan spell with Fulham came to en end.

The defender, who is on loan from Norwich and thus ineligible to face his parent club next weekend, marked his final Fulham appearance with his first goal for the club in Saturday's 4-3 win over Middlesbrough.

"It was very nice to score," he told the club website. "It was the first game my daughter's been to so it was a special moment for my family and it was a great way for me to sign off for the season.
Norwich v Fulham

"I came here with the club sort of half looking over their shoulder at relegation, and I always felt that would never be an issue really. Obviously we'd have liked to have put it to bed earlier, it dragged out a little bit.

"Everyone at the club has been really welcoming and I've thoroughly enjoyed my time, even though it was just a short period. It's been
very much enjoyable and one I'll always remember."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/9825981/michael-turner-pleased-with-contribution-during-final-match-on-loan-with-fulham

Friendsoffulham

Fulham wonderkid on his way to Old Trafford?

18-year-old Patrick Roberts is considered to be one of the brightest prospects in English football and Fulham now find an increasing number of clubs taking a serious interest in the player as close season approaches.

Fulham don't want to lose their player who has broken into the first team and started three matches for the relegation threatened club. The Cottagers quoted £15million as a valuation of the player but may have to accept less with the player entering the final 12 months of his current deal.

Roberts has made 16 appearances for Fulham this season and despite Fulham offering the young player a new contract they will find it difficult to keep hold of him through the summer.

According to the Express, United are leading the race to sign the player in the summer and it is thought that the player could be snapped up for as little as £10million.

The Telegraph has said that Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Man City and United are all thought to be very interested in taking on the young player.

Read more at http://www.sport.co.uk/football/fulham-wonderkid-on-his-way-to-old-trafford/6059385/#IPEbjsLwHzhTu3m1.99

Friendsoffulham

Fulham FC Foundation supports unemployed young people into workew news name here...

Fulham Football Club Foundation's success at getting long-term unemployed young people into work was celebrated at an event on Wednesday evening at Barclays' Canary Wharf headquarters in London.

The three-year 'My Future Goal' employability programme, supported by Barclays, targeted 300 young people aged 16-25 not in education, employment or training (NEETS). The programme offered a series of 10-week units which helped develop the participants' employability skills. My Future Goal aimed to increase employment opportunities for participants by helping them gain new qualifications, develop key employment skills such as team work, leadership and communication as well as providing relevant work-related training.

Over the three years, an impressive 75% of those who completed the programme gained employment, or returned to formal education. Furthermore, an independent evaluation conducted by the Walker Research Group during the three-year period showed significant positive changes in: emotional wellness, technical skills, self-efficacy, employability skills and employability ambition.

The event showcased Fulham FC Foundation's impact to a broad audience including Barclays employees, referral partners and employers as well as over a dozen graduates from the programme. Fulham FC first team players, George Williams and Alex Kačaniklić also attended to give their support to the work of the Club's charity and to meet some young people who secured work after the programme.

Barclays' support for the 'My Future Goal' programme is part of its wider commitment to changing 5 Million Young Futures around the world.

Paulette Cohen, Head of Global Community Investment Programmes, Barclays, said:
"For ten years Barclays has been investing in sports facilities and programmes in the UK communities. We know that sport is a powerful tool to get young people involved and help them develop the skills and confidence to gain meaningful employment or training. The achievements of the young people involved in the My Future Goal programme are truly remarkable, and it's great to see them go on to secure jobs with Barclays and other employers in the local area."

Steven Day, Chief Executive of Fulham FC Foundation said:"We have been delighted to have had the support from Barclays over the last three years to run such an amazing programme. Our staff have worked phenomenally hard to engage and support young people with a huge range of challenges and needs and we are simply delighted with the impact we have been able to achieve. We look forward to continuing our work with more young people in need of our support for the next three years."
Graduates from Surrey and South, West and Central London learnt a variety of new skills and acquired credentials and experiences, ranging from a Sport Leaders qualification, accredited units in CV writing, money management, interview techniques, as well as vocational learning through work experience and volunteering in the local community.

http://www.footballtradedirectory.com/news/2015/april/type-nfulham-fc-foundation-supports-unemployed.html

Friendsoffulham

Five Games Unbeaten!

Ahead of the fixture with Middlesbrough, on Saturday, I did mention that now that the team were safe from relegation the football played might reflect that.

It appears it did with the Cottagers showing that they can mix it with the best by beating high-flying, promotion chasing Middlesbrough in a seven goal thriller, with Ross McCormack getting a hat-trick the last goal of which saw Fulham clinch a last minute winner, in a pulsating game.

The game saw Fulham extend their current unbeaten run to a magnificent 5 games, almost promotion form.

After the Middlesbrough win, Kit Symons had this to say,

'It was a proper roller-coaster of a game. We actually played very well.

'It was a good performance, which I wanted to give to the fans as although that makes it five unbeaten, in recent games here it hasn't been pretty.

'It has been scrappy and ugly and we have had to play a different way and forgo certain elements of my footballing principles to make sure of the results we needed.'

Roll-on next season is all I say.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=397939#ixzz3YXczgNpS

Friendsoffulham

Fulham Eyeing Ando

Fulham are keeping tabs on Town midfielder Paul Anderson, TWTD understands.

The 26-year-old's Blues contract is up at the end of the season, although Town have an option for a further year.

Anderson has been in and out of the Town side this season, making 20 starts and 14 sub appearances, scoring one goal.

The winger, who joined the Blues from Bristol City in a swap deal which saw Jay Emmanuel-Thomas move in the opposite direction in the summer of 2013, was singled out for praise by manager Mick McCarthy<./a> following Saturday's 2-1 home victory over Nottingham Forest.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/27335/

Friendsoffulham