Started by Nick Bateman, April 28, 2015, 02:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 29, 2015, 01:13:42 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 29, 2015, 12:48:40 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 29, 2015, 12:26:33 PM
Quote from: alfie on April 29, 2015, 07:58:58 AM
Quote from: tommy on April 29, 2015, 07:44:14 AM
Is it just me that likes this seasons shirt then?
No not just you, me too, as much as the plain white shirt is tradition even though i believe it is not Fulham's original colour i just find it so boring.

Yes the plain White shirt is boring, bland, plain, featureless and uninspiring, and with black shorts it looks even worse. It has to be one of the worst kits in the League, if not the Universe. If the kit was all white like England or Real Madrid, it would look so much better and smart, with a black trim or without.
Whoever originally designed our kit and colours, I would dread to think what the colour and design of the inside of their house looks like. They wouldn't win any prizes, not even the booby. 

You say our plain white shirt is bland, yet you want us in all white like Real, cant
make that out..
White shirt black shorts is one of the best strips ever...

Please don't misunderstand, all White looks class, we had one when Jol was manager, and I thought it was one of our best ever. But black shirts with a plain White shirt is a poor combination, cold and uninspiring. Probably the best way to explain, is if you went up and down the playing fields and park pitches in England in amateur football on a Saturday afternoon or a Sunday morning, you will rarely see a team in Plain White shirts and black shorts, compared to any other colours or design. That doesn't mean or make it unique, it means it's unpopular and unattractive. I would rather have all black with maybe a white trim.
But that's just my personal feeling. I am sure the club would sell far more shirts and kit if it wasn't so plain as well.

When I played for my school team many moons ago, we had all black
strip with white round collars and cuffs, it was smart.
I think Southampton have the best strip in England..

Burt

Quote from: snarks on April 29, 2015, 09:00:06 AM
No not just you, me too, as much as the plain white shirt is tradition even though i believe it is not Fulham's original colour i just find it so boring.

There's at least 3 of us

4... I didn't like it at first but at our first home match v Millwall I ended up quite liking it so ended up shelling out a small fortune to get one for me and Burt Jr.

Gloss White

White Shirt, black shorts and red socks please 049:gif

westcliff white

red socks, if we are being traditional as I remember from my first ever kit then its white shorts, black shorts and white socks.

Red socks were always with the away kit.
Every day is a Fulham day

Rupert

Quote from: Gloss White on April 29, 2015, 01:21:52 PM

And red numbers on the back too. Circa 1971, I believe.  049:gif
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 29, 2015, 01:02:17 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 29, 2015, 12:34:31 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 29, 2015, 12:26:33 PM

The Bexleyheath Massive Chicken Coop is populated with white,grey, orange and black chooks. The large run adjacent to the coop is awaiting planning permission from Bexley Council and will be built to be sympathetic to the street contours of the cul-de-sac.

Yes the plain White shirt is boring, bland, plain, featureless and uninspiring, and with black shorts it looks even worse. It has to be one of the worst kits in the League, if not the Universe. If the kit was all white like England or Real Madrid, it would look so much better and smart, with a black trim or without.
Whoever originally designed our kit and colours, I would dread to think what the colour and design of the inside of their house looks like. They wouldn't win any prizes, not even the booby. 

Actually my lounge wall is white with grey stripes and the borders
are orange...Looks lovely when the Moon is  shining on Uranus... 049:gif

I hope you leave the lights switched off.

ron

The plain white shirt of old is pure Fulham.

A modern spin can be put on it with a pure white silky design which adds interest and maintains the purity.

What design? the club badge, or the cottage.

DeuceBigelow

Riverside Block W

hovewhite

wouldn't buy this seasons home shirt full stop!!!

love4ffc

Quote from: hovewhite on April 29, 2015, 08:22:39 PM
wouldn't buy this seasons home shirt full stop!!!
Agreed.  Have been waiting and hoping for something better this year. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

WhiteJC

Quote from: Rupert on April 29, 2015, 01:44:37 PM
Quote from: Gloss White on April 29, 2015, 01:21:52 PM

And red numbers on the back too. Circa 1971, I believe.  049:gif

1970-1972         1972-1973

blingo

I normally buy the home or away shirt when it comes out. Detested everything about this season's shirt, although baby blingo has got the black away shirt and it looks ok.
Let's hope we go back to our traditional colours.

CorkCity

Quote from: blingo on April 30, 2015, 08:34:29 AM
I normally buy the home or away shirt when it comes out. Detested everything about this season's shirt, although baby blingo has got the black away shirt and it looks ok.
Let's hope we go back to our traditional colours.

I don't know Blingo, I think blue was our traditional colour.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Wolf

I don't like the grey stripes (and the dreadful "new original" gobbleaduke marketing strapline).

But the orange....the orange is mental.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots