https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Goodbye Grey Bars on the Fulham strip!

Started by Nick Bateman, April 28, 2015, 02:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Rupert on April 28, 2015, 03:38:24 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on April 28, 2015, 03:35:39 PM
Not entirely sure Ali Mack is wholly responsible though.

No, no, he is the Anti-Christ. Big Nick has spoken and thus it is fact.

What the bally hell do you think a CEO does if he does not approve of matters such as the colours of the kit!!??  One knows Macintosh currently enjoys filing paper clips while his bottom bulges out of his reclining swivel (throne) chair, but at that time he was in charge of matters Fulham.

Thankfully he's been sidelined to the stationary department, but one wonders why he still demands a salary on a par with Scott Parker's!!!!  Hence one hears the kit will be more normal.

We can make subtle changes every season without looking like dressed-up clowns from a dodgy gypsy circus troupe!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: The Enclosurite on April 28, 2015, 02:37:09 PM
Quote from: nose on April 28, 2015, 02:27:44 PM
do we know we are back in white next season?

What colours do the mighty Jags play in?    051

Teal, black, and white are the primary colors.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on April 28, 2015, 04:50:50 PM
Quote from: The Enclosurite on April 28, 2015, 02:37:09 PM
Quote from: nose on April 28, 2015, 02:27:44 PM
do we know we are back in white next season?

What colours do the mighty Jags play in?    051

Teal, black, and white are the primary colors.

I thought Partick Thistle played in Red And Yellow hoops.. :022:

Rupert

Quote from: Nick Bateman on April 28, 2015, 04:47:30 PM
Quote from: Rupert on April 28, 2015, 03:38:24 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on April 28, 2015, 03:35:39 PM
Not entirely sure Ali Mack is wholly responsible though.

No, no, he is the Anti-Christ. Big Nick has spoken and thus it is fact.

What the bally hell do you think a CEO does if he does not approve of matters such as the colours of the kit!!??  One knows Macintosh currently enjoys filing paper clips while his bottom bulges out of his reclining swivel (throne) chair, but at that time he was in charge of matters Fulham.

Thankfully he's been sidelined to the stationary department, but one wonders why he still demands a salary on a par with Scott Parker's!!!!  Hence one hears the kit will be more normal.

We can make subtle changes every season without looking like dressed-up clowns from a dodgy gypsy circus troupe!

I do enjoy your fishing trips, keep 'em coming!  :hook:
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

alfie

Quote from: Nick Bateman on April 28, 2015, 02:18:14 PM
One of the worst decisions made by our CEO Ali Mack, before he was demoted, was to change Fulham's traditional white shirts to something that looked like it came out the wash "dirty".  The awful grey bars on our home strip will be remembered as almost bringing Fulham down another division.

One doesn't see Chelsea or Arsenal change the fundamental home colours of their strip, but this bone idle (no transfer activity in January), big-bottomed (from sitting in office all day) "Vote No" Scottish numpty thought it would be good for us.

Our grey strip reminded one of when Manchester United couldn't buy a win playing in their away grey colours, so much so that the management changed them mid-season to all black, and instantly the favourable results followed.

One is all for trying different designs which the club make money from parading to unfortunate parents under pressure from their Fulham-supporting offspring to buy them the new kit, but no club worth their salt changes their traditional home colours.

It's something to look forward to come next season, watching the famous 'Lilywhites' in our home strip.

I love this striped stripe
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

filham

I will await the details of the new kit before I celebrate the going of the grey stripes, one or two of the examples above that were given in jest may just turn out to be  be near the truth.

Black, White and Fred

An update on the Adidas Betfair kit we had. White home shirt, black away shirt and red third shirt. Simple but very Fulham. Dear god please no centre logo this time
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

snarks

The club said that the away strip this year will be the 3rd strip next year

Forever Fulham

Please, no more grey anywhere.  And how about making the logo smaller?

WhiteJC

tommy

Is it just me that likes this seasons shirt then?

alfie

Quote from: tommy on April 29, 2015, 07:44:14 AM
No not just you, me too, as much as the plain white shirt is tradition even though i believe it is not Fulham's original colour i just find it so boring.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

dannyboi-ffc

I hated it at first but it has grown on me. Having said that it is not suitable for Fulham and I cant wait to see a simple black trim on a beautiful white shirt again.

Most of the time I think your posts are on the borderline of controversial Nick but this is spot on. Especially the point about Ali Mack. Every decision he has made has been thinking outside the box but they have all back fired. Rather than do the simple thing he has tried to be very fancy and clever to make himself look good. I dont feel like any of his decisions have been for the benefit of the club and were just to enhance his reputation. From appointing rene 'the coach' to signing mitroglou, then onto felix and finally the kit change. The man is a massive reason why we flopped, if he wasnt here then none of the others would have happened.

Thank goodness Khan has finally realised that! Black and White please adidas thank you very much
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Mince n Tatties

I think it isnt only our worst strip, I think its the worst I've seen.
Hideous...

snarks

Quote from: alfie on April 29, 2015, 07:58:58 AM
No not just you, me too, as much as the plain white shirt is tradition even though i believe it is not Fulham's original colour i just find it so boring.

There's at least 3 of us

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 29, 2015, 12:26:33 PM

Yes the plain White shirt is boring, bland, plain, featureless and uninspiring, and with black shorts it looks even worse. It has to be one of the worst kits in the League, if not the Universe. If the kit was all white like England or Real Madrid, it would look so much better and smart, with a black trim or without.
Whoever originally designed our kit and colours, I would dread to think what the colour and design of the inside of their house looks like. They wouldn't win any prizes, not even the booby. 

Actually my lounge wall is white with grey stripes and the borders
are orange...Looks lovely when the Moon is  shining on Uranus... 049:gif

ffccaz

The new shirt is going to be a replica of the 1975 Cup Final shirt

Mince n Tatties

Yes the plain White shirt is boring, bland, plain, featureless and uninspiring, and with black shorts it looks even worse. It has to be one of the worst kits in the League, if not the Universe. If the kit was all white like England or Real Madrid, it would look so much better and smart, with a black trim or without.
Whoever originally designed our kit and colours, I would dread to think what the colour and design of the inside of their house looks like. They wouldn't win any prizes, not even the booby. 

You say our plain white shirt is bland, yet you want us in all white like Real, cant
make that out..
White shirt black shorts is one of the best strips ever...

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: ffccaz on April 29, 2015, 12:42:35 PM
The new shirt is going to be a replica of the 1975 Cup Final shirt

So the rumour is, apart from socks which are red and black hoops..

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 29, 2015, 01:02:17 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 29, 2015, 12:34:31 PM

Actually my lounge wall is white with grey stripes and the borders
are orange...Looks lovely when the Moon is  shining on Uranus... 049:gif

I hope you leave the lights switched off.

Only on a Monday and Wednesday when the wife is at home Wooly.... :005: