watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Goodbye Grey Bars on the Fulham strip!

Started by Nick Bateman, April 28, 2015, 02:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

One of the worst decisions made by our CEO Ali Mack, before he was demoted, was to change Fulham's traditional white shirts to something that looked like it came out the wash "dirty".  The awful grey bars on our home strip will be remembered as almost bringing Fulham down another division.

One doesn't see Chelsea or Arsenal change the fundamental home colours of their strip, but this bone idle (no transfer activity in January), big-bottomed (from sitting in office all day) "Vote No" Scottish numpty thought it would be good for us.

Our grey strip reminded one of when Manchester United couldn't buy a win playing in their away grey colours, so much so that the management changed them mid-season to all black, and instantly the favourable results followed.

One is all for trying different designs which the club make money from parading to unfortunate parents under pressure from their Fulham-supporting offspring to buy them the new kit, but no club worth their salt changes their traditional home colours.

It's something to look forward to come next season, watching the famous 'Lilywhites' in our home strip.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

nose

do we know we are back in white next season?

Nick Bateman

Quote from: nose on April 28, 2015, 02:27:44 PM

Now that Ali Mack is not in the position to experiment, I should say so.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

rubbernecca

Completely agree Nick and the orange needs to go as well!

The Enclosurite

What colours do the mighty Jags play in?    051
¡COYW!

Vinnieffc

Nick. I hate agreeing with you but you are spot on here. I hated this seasons shirt so much i refused to buy it - first season since the Pizza Hut humiliation. Back to white shirt please!

nose

Quote from: The Enclosurite on April 28, 2015, 02:37:09 PM

What colours do the mighty Jags play in?    051

i actually asked that question some weeks ago but i was either ignored or nobody took the bait.
I did get factual answers.

bobbo

Nick , sounds like you're holding back a bit with yer opinion on ALI MACK .
What do you really think?
I'd like to see us in a modern copy of one of our past strips fro say the sixties or even the fifties, but with a modern edge to it
1975 just leaving home full of hope

TrexFFC

Amen Nick. Amen. Rest in no peace to that absolute disgrace of a kit.  And for god's sake no orange this time around.

shnlwswlkr

Didn't someone on here recentley e-mail the club asking whether the club have any say in kit design? I think they replied saying something like they have some say, also went on to say that they think the Fulham fans will be very pleased with next seasons kit...
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Northern Cottager

If we kept the white year after year wouldn't the club and Adidas then be accused of rehashing old kits and trying to make a quick buck off same designs? At least the grey stripes added something different, not exactly my preferred taste but I can see what they tried to do.

Not entirely sure Ali Mack is wholly responsible though.

snarks

I like the home strip, I would prefer traditional white tho, but I do like it.

As for the "Arse" they did get rid of the white sleeves a few years ago, that caused a bit of a rukkus IIRC. I do agree though, clubs should stick to their traditional colurs. Fulhams away strip should be Black and red stripes IMO>

Rupert

Quote from: Northern Cottager on April 28, 2015, 03:35:39 PM
Not entirely sure Ali Mack is wholly responsible though.

No, no, he is the Anti-Christ. Big Nick has spoken and thus it is fact.  064.gif
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

MJG

Based on the fact the club know I hate this seasons home kit,  I have been told I will like the new one.... So my fingers are crossed it's white with black trim.

Lighthouse

It will be grey with a strips of white.  :016:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Vinnieffc

The shirt will be white but with huge shoulder pads and FFC Jags emblazoned on the back

HillingdonFFC

Orange was far worse, and the grey bars are shadow stripes which we had on our mid 80s kits

Mince n Tatties

Nicola emailed me finally and said yes grey orange all gone.
She said fans want be disappointed with new one, asked her to send pic
said dont have available (so is she saying she really hasnt seen it).... :022:

rweller86

I think it will be a white with black trim version of the Seattle Sounders 2015 kit, or at least something very similar and very plain. I liked Derby's kit this season, nice and simple design.
@rweller

YankeeJim

Quote from: Vinnieffc on April 28, 2015, 04:08:00 PM
The shirt will be white but with huge shoulder pads and FFC Jags emblazoned on the back

If the lads wore football helmets, would that help our aerial game?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.