watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR fans seem to think they can take on the Football League

Started by Wearethewhites, April 28, 2015, 11:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

If relegated, and come to some sort of 'agreement'  067.gif They also state that the Football League would go 'bust' if they took QPR to court?

Now, this is either a load of old ball bags from those clueless twits down at the Lofterdrome, or the Football League are just full of hot air, and don't have any authority what so ever, being unfair on every other team they've imposed rules against.

If they manage to get away with what they've done financially, it'll be absolutely ludicrous, but typical of QPR.

Thoughts?

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/showthread.php?187480-Can-the-Fooball-leauge-afford-to-go-to-court-if-QPR-take-them-on

Jonaldiniho 88

Can the football league afford to not take them on? If they don't wealthy owners can buy league sides, not adhere to the rules and get away with it. It would be an open invitation to the mega rich to invest in league teams.

FPT

I agree with Jonaldinho, if QPR receive no punishment, whats stopping Shad Khan spending £50m and increasing the wage bill fourfold?

J

well... I am not sure the monetary fine is something they could legally enforce, rather than it having to be agreed by both parties... but by that same token, there is no legal right for them to be allowed to compete in the football league, so
presumably they could be booted out if they don't wanna play by the rules?

H4usuallysitting

If they get relegated, they have to formally apply to the league they are joining - you don't automatically get accepted.......if the league declines there application, they then in theory drop to the conference

mikestrand

Quote from: J on April 28, 2015, 11:53:43 PM
well... I am not sure the monetary fine is something they could legally enforce, rather than it having to be agreed by both parties... but by that same token, there is no legal right for them to be allowed to compete in the football league, so
Agree, all the football league have to do is threaten to expel clubs who fail to comply . Not that I want this stupid rule anyway.

Jonaldiniho 88

To further my point if you make a rule to stop richer teams spending more than poorer teams then don't follow it up because the team is too rich to pursue then you have no rule.

Logicalman

Quote from: mikestrand on April 29, 2015, 12:05:02 AM
Agree, all the football league have to do is threaten to expel clubs who fail to comply . Not that I want this stupid rule anyway.

As H4 pointed out, there is no automatic enrolment into the FL when either dropping out of the PL or promoting up from BSq (or whatever its called thesedays). I believe they have to apply for membership of the FL, and as such agree to abide by the rules, including FFP, and to accept such penalties for not doing so.
Thus, should they return to the FL and not agree to abide by the membership rules then they might find they are not accepted, and therefore would have to sue to gain membership and risk losing, and finally going bust.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

MJG

This is the whole point, they joined the FL knowing the rules,  broke them and if the FL don't follow up with the fine then they lose all credibility.
When the clubs meet in the summer and the 'application' for QPR to join is discussed they could well not be invited to take part in any FL division.

copthornemike

I suspect the biggest mistake QPR may have made is not challenging the decision - possibly via the Sports Court of Arbitration - earlier. Now the League can point out that the delay confirms that QPR have wilfully tried to avoid the League's then existing guidelines.

blingo

They'll come to an agreement and both sides will save face. End of problem.

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on April 29, 2015, 06:41:27 AM
This is the whole point, they joined the FL knowing the rules,  broke them and if the FL don't follow up with the fine then they lose all credibility.
When the clubs meet in the summer and the 'application' for QPR to join is discussed they could well not be invited to take part in any FL division.
SPot on MJG, if thre FL dont act then I think they wil lhave no gorunds to punish anyone. The fine is enforcable as QPR signed up to it when applying for the FL end of.

Although according to a mate of mine (QPR Fan) Fernandes wants to be judges on the new rules form next season
Every day is a Fulham day

Twig

westcliff white

Quote from: Twig on April 30, 2015, 10:04:25 AM
Just deduct the fine from their parachute payment.
I believe it is more than the payment
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Can't be done as it's PL money and not championship money. They have zero control over it.

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 30, 2015, 12:24:31 AM
The Leatherhead & District Sunday Football League are looking for new clubs to join their League, and Loftus road is in their catchment area.

Brings back memories,monthly meetings at Leatherhead FC bar, they should fit in nicely.

Logicalman

Quote from: MJG on April 30, 2015, 10:36:17 AM
Can't be done as it's PL money and not championship money. They have zero control over it.

.. though once the monies go into the coffers, then it's just their money isn't it. So TF lends the club the 60 Mill or so 'fine' and gets repaid a few months later. (well, 30 mill of it anyways).
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Andy S

It just shows what joke this fair play lark is. So the football league introduce it and they are willing to cripple clubs to enforce it. I think they should dock clubs points if they go over their limit as that would seriously hamper a chance to return to the premier league.  A nice ten points sounds good

MJG

Quote from: Andy S on April 30, 2015, 06:24:58 PM
It just shows what joke this fair play lark is. So the football league introduce it and they are willing to cripple clubs to enforce it. I think they should dock clubs points if they go over their limit as that would seriously hamper a chance to return to the premier league.  A nice ten points sounds good
QPR and teams who don't follow the rules are crippling themselves anyway. FFP is not perfect at all,  but it's a start at trying to make clubs work within their means.
The part that needs work is how money injected into a club for transfer fees is accounted for. Investment on infrastructure does not count.
For me it's all about the transfers being controlled by the FA's with money deposited with them by the clubs and that's their transfer fees. All separate to the actual running costs of the clubs and I include wages in that.

Artful Dodger

Quote from: westcliff white on April 30, 2015, 10:13:39 AM
I believe it is more than the payment
Not sure what the parachute payment amounts to but the fine is rumoured to be around £50m - pound for pound of any loss over £8m and they lost best part of £60m in the year they were promoted.

It will be a real test for the Football League. If they don't enforce it, it makes a mockery of the rules. I can only imagine QPR will fight it so it will be interesting to see what happens.

In some respects though, I am not sure it is quite the right rule. A very rich owner could just right that cost off and it has no impact - it really needs to prevent the owner or club with no means of paying off debts but how you do that fairly, I am not sure as the wealth of the owner sits outside the legal entity that is the club.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae