Quote from: jms on April 29, 2015, 12:24:22 PM
Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on April 29, 2015, 12:13:34 PM
When THIS happened

5 years ago tonight

:wine: 078.gif 082.gif 049:gif
Best football match of my 66 years!!!!

Second best for me, I think Juventus was better

LBNo11

...I had a rare visit to the Riverside stand courtesy of SG (Thanks Geoff) and had managed to remain seated and behave myself, apart from the famous "Stand Up If You Still Believe" and 'Diggers' wondergoal. All I know is that like the rest of the faithful I went potty.

Five years, where did it all go..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Supermitch

Not the best game I have seen but without doubt the most memorable occasion.

rweller86

As a student, the only tickets I could get for the game were about £70 in the Johnny Haynes... worth every penny. And at the time, I ate nothing for a week!
@rweller

Mince n Tatties

5 years, seems only like a few weeks ago sometimes.
Will we ever have nights like it again?... 049:gif   049:gif   049:gif

Sgt Fulham

Aah special nigh.  Stand up if you still believe!  049:gif

Mince n Tatties

BedsFFC

I was, as I seemed to be during much of that run, very very drunk.

H4usuallysitting

dannyboi-ffc

JH on the half way line in my usual seat. Its part of the reason why I cant give up my ST. Its the seat I witnessed the Chelsea win, when we remembered the Maestro when he passed away, the europa journey every home game from Vetra all the way through to Hamburg. The seat my daughter sat in for her first ever game recently.

Somehow I dont think I will ever forget where I was lol! Second best occasion in my lifetime after Pompey. It will take something incredible to beat that feeling when Murphy's header hit the back of the net. I am very emotional thinking about it all.

Where did the last 5 years go?
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Domino 1879

Putney End because my seat in JH stand was taken by the Hamburg fans.  Awesome..............and yes I do believe we will have some special nights and days to come.  coyw

SmithyFFC

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on April 29, 2015, 12:13:34 PM
When THIS happened

5 years ago tonight

I am actually in that picture (or would be if Nevland wasn't in the way!)

What an atmosphere and what a night.
FTID

Burt

How the mighty are fallen...

Sad to reflect on where we are now compared to then.

However, you certainly can't take away the memories  :wine:

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

bog

Was in the Putney End thinking this cannot be happening. :clap_hands: The drive along Fulham Palace Road after I will never forget either....  092.gif

LBNo11

...they should play this commentary in the dressing room and over the tannoy's before each game. The best non-partisan commentary I've ever heard:-

"And now you've gotta believe it; A night beyond compare. Old father Thames has never seen the night. Hamburg will host the final; Fulham will play in it. What an achievement for Roy Hodgson. What an extraordinary achievement for Fulham. A level of success that this lovable, once quaint club, could never previously have dreamed of. Hamburg's collective dream is shattered, their party is crashed.
Their stellar striker cannot credit it, whilst Fulham in a blur of self-congratulation, parade in front of 25,000 West Londoners, many of whom thought they would never live to see the day. This is special, yeah we get to work on the champions in this league a lot, we see some big games and we get some special moments, but this is really, really special. What a team, what heart, what character, what spirit, what an attitude they've got, wonderful. Roy Hodgson, manager of the year? He has to be, every chance.

This is Fulham, this is the team that knocked out the holders; Shakhtar Donetsk. This is the team that knocked out the competition favourites, Juventus. This is the team that have knocked out two major German forces in a row, and that have knocked out the hosts. This is the team that went into the ring with Roma, came out bruised but alive. This is a team that have played 18 games in Europe, that became this campaign 10 months ago, and which will play a 19th game in the final of the Europa League. They were there. This is Fulham's greatest night. This is certainly Craven Cottage's greatest night. It is a lap of honour which might go in the early hours.
Try stopping John Pantsil. Try sending them home. He's on his own personal lap of honour John Pantsil, there he goes. He's still at it. The London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham is the place to be tonight. There isn't a club there isn't a pub there isn't a party in the land that you would rather be at. This is fresh, this is new, this has never happened before. Fulham the 17th different English club to reach a major European final.

You think about Villa, Chelsea and Everton and all those who've gone before; Manchester city, Manchester united, Liverpool. But none has enjoyed such disbelieving joy as Fulham enjoy now. This is Fulham for heaven's sake. This is a club which 15 years ago didn't have two brass farthings to rub together, which used to play in front of 3 or 4000 rattling around here. Which once played on a night in Rochdale needing points to stay off the bottom of the league. But which were brought by a very rich man, and there he is. And which has now become a hugely enriched club. Clint Dempsey amongst the heroes"
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Fulham 442

Fabulous happy memories.  The noise from the crowd was amazing, but then we had something to sing about!  Thanks so much for posting the highlights Riether, although I still think the Juventus game was my favourite of the campaign.  Despite being there I have never watched the highlights of the final, although I did eventually get to see Digger's goal to take us to 1-1!!