watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Stan Mortensen

Started by bog, April 30, 2015, 09:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

As we are all aware Blackpool are being run into the ground by ******* cretins. I like the club. There is going to be a protest by the fans on Saturday by the statue of one of their revered former players Stan Mortensen who scored a hat trick in the famous '53' Cup Final. However the club has taken away the statue and wont say why. We think we have had it rough. Can you imagine if likewise was happening to us and then the statue of the Maestro vanished? There are diabolical types in all walks of life. Grrrr.  :dft007:

092.gif 

RaySmith

I was admiring the statue when I was there for the Fulham game a couple of weeks ago. I remember watching reruns of that '53 Final - Stan was a legend, along with the other Stan -Matthews, whom I did actually see play near the  end of his career.

Anyway, it's disgusting what's happened at Blackpool, and feel very sorry for their fans.

Woolly Mammoth

The reason why I am asking this question is because I have been down a Tin Mine  for the last 36 hours, and still am, but I have fallen behind with any breaking news.
Here is the question. Are there any suggestions as to where this statue is located, since it was moved, has the club said who moved it, and why and where is it now.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 01, 2015, 12:21:47 AM
The reason why I am asking this question is because I have been down a Tin Mine  for the last 36 hours, and still am, but I have fallen behind with any breaking news.
Here is the question. Are there any suggestions as to where this statue is located, since it was moved, has the club said who moved it, and why and where is it now.

No the club have said nowt so far.
As stated the demonstration planned for this Sat was going to focus
around the Statue, Momento's were going to be laid there..

ron

Not so bizarre. The club have moved and stored the statue so that it cannot be used as a focal point for a demonstration against the club. On a rather different level, Berchtesgaden and the Fuehrer bunker were destroyed long ago, but for broadly the same reason.....

Peabody

I mentioned this earlier bog and I suppose the lesson of this is that we should all be careful of what we wish for. None of us have a say in who owns our club.

bog

Peabody, I missed your posting. As you say be careful. Wot a nasty act. Stanley Mathews used to play down his contribution in that final saying it was soon widely forgotten that the other Stan scored 3. Scored regularly for England as well did Morty.

092.gif   

Peabody

It should also be emphasised that, rather like our JH statue, a lot of the money to pay for it came from public donations. As for moving it to stop it being used as a focal point, would we like it if our chairman treated us with such disdain. Blackpool fans have put up with a lot since the current owner took over.

ron

Quote from: Peabody on May 01, 2015, 09:34:57 AM
It should also be emphasised that, rather like our JH statue, a lot of the money to pay for it came from public donations. As for moving it to stop it being used as a focal point, would we like it if our chairman treated us with such disdain. Blackpool fans have put up with a lot since the current owner took over.

I certainly wouldn't Peabody. I think it is appalling that the fans are being treated this way. I was only suggesting that it wasn't bizarre because I would expect the club to behave like that.

bog

On a similar vein did anyone see that they found a lot of Newcastle photographs and club memorabilia thrown into a skip outside the ground? What moron said to do that? What an insult. Dear oh dear.

092.gif