watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Best Kit interview for a long time

Started by millsy, May 01, 2015, 10:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

What puzzled me was his assertion that he expected more from the team. Where's he been all season?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Snibbo

Quote from: Fernhurst on May 03, 2015, 12:03:01 AM
Oakeshott & HV71

Thank you for your inputs which were both reasoned posts but not in connected with my post above. 

Not sure if it's because I spend more time on here than is good for man or beast, but I must disagree both of your stated arguments:
"The bottom line is that most who wish to see Kit replaced have no personal animosity".
Let's be clear....there has been heaps of personal abuse of both Kit and anybody who may wish to express an opinion further managerial change may not be in the best interest of FFC. If we do twist and struggle again will these same individuals start pushing for a 6th change within a season and a bit?
Whilst I can handle neither of you have shown personal animosity, some of the daily abuse I have not witnessed since the days of the old offal.

You both have addressed an issue I was not talking about, my beef  is quite immuture posters stating their opinion as fact as nicely summed up by Twig.

Let's return to decent discussion.

COYW
Agreed. And the level of abuse on the TIFF is stratospheric. I wonder how some people can call themselves supporters when they have so much hate towards our manager, and some of them want us to lose so that it will hasten Kit's demise.

Oakeshott

Fernhurst/Snibbo

Either I don't read the forum as attentively as you or we have different opinions as to what constitutes "personal abuse".

Three of the criticisms quite often made of Kit in posts here are that he is rigid in his continuation with "the diamond" when any half-decent opposition knows how narrowly we tend to play and is able to plan to beat us by playing down the wings; is tactically inept in that he seems unable to change things mid game; and, closely related, makes unduly late and poor substitutions.

Irrespective of where one stands on the substance of these matters, they are most certainly criticisms of Kit (not of the present or previous owner, Magath or anyone else). They cannot be anything else as he as manager is responsible for what goes on during the match. And of course such criticisms can be made more or less harshly - eg "Kit hasn't a clue when it comes to substitutes". But while the above and similar undoubtedly constitute personal criticism, does any of it constitute "personal abuse"? Not in my book, but if in yours then we must agree to differ. By comparison with one or two forums I've been on over the years this one has always seemed to me to be in the main well mannered and thoughtful.

Snibbo

Quote from: Oakeshott on May 03, 2015, 07:04:55 AM
Fernhurst/Snibbo

Either I don't read the forum as attentively as you or we have different opinions as to what constitutes "personal abuse".

I was mainly referring to the TIFF. On here its more polite in general though it can be relentless

The Rock

I thought it was decent and a pretty fair assessment of things. I think everyone is a bit harsh on Kit - he doesn't have a bunch of experience, and it was clear that basically 1 point after 9 played that the job was going to be very difficult, and he more or less got 51 points from 37 matches, almost promotion chasing form. I think those that expected more are naïve - I didn't except much more from him to begin with and well done.

Fernhurst

Quote from: The Rock on May 03, 2015, 04:51:43 PM
I thought it was decent and a pretty fair assessment of things. I think everyone is a bit harsh on Kit - he doesn't have a bunch of experience, and it was clear that basically 1 point after 9 played that the job was going to be very difficult, and he more or less got 51 points from 37 matches, almost promotion chasing form. I think those that expected more are naïve - I didn't except much more from him to begin with and well done.

Me too Rock.
Believe or not I'm no apologist for Kit,however, found myself promoted to advocate in response to what I considered very unjust and personal attacks on the man.
Good luck if he hangs on to the job, still think the team will play better with better players.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Fernhurst

Let's go with you then Woolly  :54:
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

HV71

Lots of different issues here
1. Should Kit be the subject of personal abuse ?
Absolutely not. He is Fulham through and through and his actions are based on what he thinks are best for the club.

2 . Should Kit be the subject of criticism? In my opinion " yes" up to and including the point where I do not think he is the manager to take the club forward. That is my opinion and in my view I should be able to express it. For the recordI hope I have never been disrespectful to Kit on a personal level and if by chance I have it has never been my intention.

3 The  Rock brings up the issue of expectations. For my own part they were quite low. I have watched football and been involved with it at a senior level long enough not to expect anything. However, I do think as a Club we should have ambition and for fans we should always have hope. It is my opinion the stakes are so high for next season that we simply must have the ambition for promotion and the hope that we can achieve it. Sadly I do not believe that I can hope for promotion with Kit in charge. Others will disagree - which is fair enough.

millsy

My original post was in response to Kit's pre-match comments, which seemed to concur with the views of most of us on here and gave me hope that things might be different going forward.

What followed at Norwich was unfortunately just more of the same, weird team selection, absence of evident gameplan and lack of direction and leadership. I thought he would take this no pressure opportunity to show us a glimpse of how he intends to shake things up but alas no.

If Kit stays I'll back him but my expectation for next season will remain low. Whether we can attract someone patently better and more experienced remains to be seen but it will be hugely disappointing for me if we don't even try.

Conceding goals and losing games becomes a habit. I agree with an earlier comment that good players make better football and results. We need to break the losing habits and rebuild our squad. Not sure I think Kit has what it takes to achieve this and sadly, I think he may be a significant part of the problem.

We've had a lucky escape and, in my view, now need to act decisively and boldly, otherwise we may be regretting it this time next year!

Lighthouse

Who should Symons have played yesterday? Interested to know why it was weird? We were pretty short of players and playing Roberts or Dembele from the beginning would have been pretty hopeless. Should we have not played the loan players. In which case who would fill in them for them?

Interested because I don't see any decent alternatives where others clearly do.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Lighthouse

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 03, 2015, 06:54:21 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on May 03, 2015, 06:01:52 PM
Who should Symons have played yesterday? Interested to know why it was weird? We were pretty short of players and playing Roberts or Dembele from the beginning would have been pretty hopeless. Should we have not played the loan players. In which case who would fill in them for them?

"Yes others clearly do"

Well that's why you have been back squaded with a number of other individuals, and are being sent to a Special Boot Camp in The Isle of Dogs, to improve your understanding of Association Football. I am informed that the Course is in house and Six Weeks in Length. If you pass, you will be allowed back on this Forum between the Hour of 3am and 4am BST.
You may also bump into Kit and Khan while you are there, as they have qualified also.
Good Luck, All The Best, Kind Regards, and please remember, not all Donkey Jackets have Donkeys in them.
Thank you and Goodnight. 

But despite me asking this simple question more than once. The befuddled keep sending me off to a camp for the bewildered. The befuddled may be in charge of the boot camp but they haven't got a foot to put in the boot or a leg to stand on.

HV71

Okay - we could have started with Grimmer ( not injured ) Fofana and Woodrow or Smith up front. Then put more youth on the bench as an experiment. Nothing to lose .

millsy

Exactly HV71. Why did Smith not start? Why persist with Kav and Hoogs as starters? Surely with nothing at stake, have a longer look at Pat and give Emerson a re-introduction.

You just can't keep doing the same things and hoping for a different outcome!

HV71

Yes forgot to add - that bloke Smith the one some think  ( including the manager I expect ) is unfit , a donkey and can only score with his head. You know the one we sent out on loan because he was obviously not up to it at our higher level of speed of play and fitness. The one that was somehow an instant hit at Bristol City scoring goals for fun. The one we didn't decide to recall as soon as we could. The one dropped last week having scored the winner at Blackpool. The one that had partnered our expensive and most talented forward we purchased from Leeds ( you know the guy we thought that would be tactically suited playing deep or out wide ) .
The one we might decide to partner our best player next season if and that is a big if we had anything resembling a plan or a strategy

HV71

Rant continues ........
The one who scored a cracker yesterday with .....wait for it.........

......his foot.

Take me to Skegness beach so we can sign even more donkeys......

It is the way forward

HV71

Has the electricity or battery been reconnected yet Lighthouse? Is your light on ? Are you in fact more enlightened?

Grimmer, Woodrow, Fofana, Roberts  Smith. Are 5 options enough ? Probably not as we all know that the squad isn't good enough is it ?
Which may be true but to say he didn't have options somewhat resembles a recent discussion about the ostrich

Lighthouse

Well according to Smith he has been carrying an injury. Woodrow hasn't done anything. I think we can clearly see that it is back to pick anybody who wasn't playing and say they were better until they play. Then they turn out to be no better at all. We have had this all season.

Roberts is simply not going to last 90 minutes yet. Poor kid, too lightweight and best to protect him from a game that means nothing. Grimmer wasn't fit either. Forfana is on loan so I thought we didn't like playing players on loan for the last game. I would have Forfana play up the middle instead of Tunnicliffe.

So sadly instead of debate we have to try and mix in the odd little dig. It fail as it always does. When all said and done. The players mentioned have all played and failed. So what the point in playing them. Whatever team was picked we would have had the usual lazy outcome and the usual lazy cries of the fans who always think the players not playing could do better.

HV71

What you say just doesn't stand up to examination. You simply cannot say that players like Smith are no better when they are picked. Have you noticed the fact that he scored the winner at Blackpool that ensured our safety. How can you ignore the fact that he scored when he came on yesterday with what was a very good goal. Yesterday was the time to try Roberts for more than the 5 minutes he normally gets.there was nothing to lose. Players need first team experience. Same applies to Grimmer.

Your brain ,like your light ,is clearly only working and visible half of the time.

HV71

I should apologise Lighthouse for having a go at you - but you wound me up by asking for a debate and then being dismissive when I put some names forward. You can be so contrary and so stuck in the same groove that you infuriate me.

My rant regarding Smith is based upon the posts I remembered before he came back ( not necessarily yours ) . People were completely dismissive of the player without ever having seen him play. Totally unfair

Nero

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 03, 2015, 08:48:51 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on May 03, 2015, 07:01:20 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 03, 2015, 06:54:21 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on May 03, 2015, 06:01:52 PM

"Yes others clearly do"

Well that's why you have been back squaded with a number of other individuals, and are being sent to a Special Boot Camp in The Isle of Dogs, to improve your understanding of Association Football. I am informed that the Course is in house and Six Weeks in Length. If you pass, you will be allowed back on this Forum between the Hour of 3am and 4am BST.
You may also bump into Kit and Khan while you are there, as they have qualified also.
Good Luck, All The Best, Kind Regards, and please remember, not all Donkey Jackets have Donkeys in them.
Thank you and Goodnight. 

But despite me asking this simple question more than once. The befuddled keep sending me off to a camp for the bewildered. The befuddled may be in charge of the boot camp but they haven't got a foot to put in the boot or a leg to stand on.

You forgot to mention the one armed man who is still on the run.

Is that from Felixs time here, to frightened to stop