more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Best Kit interview for a long time

Started by millsy, May 01, 2015, 10:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestrand

Quote from: HV71 on May 03, 2015, 07:20:51 PM
Yes forgot to add - that bloke Smith the one some think  ( including the manager I expect ) is unfit , a donkey and can only score with his head. You know the one we sent out on loan because he was obviously not up to it at our higher level of speed of play and fitness. The one that was somehow an instant hit at Bristol City scoring goals for fun. The one we didn't decide to recall as soon as we could. The one dropped last week having scored the winner at Blackpool. The one that had partnered our expensive and most talented forward we purchased from Leeds ( you know the guy we thought that would be tactically suited playing deep or out wide ) .
The one we might decide to partner our best player next season if and that is a big if we had anything resembling a plan or a strategy
:plus one:
Fulham fans have been starved this season, highlighted more than anything by the McCormack Smith debacle.
Played upfront together I feel sure they would have contributed 40/50 goals this season.

Fernhurst

Quote from: mikestrand on May 03, 2015, 10:33:59 PM
Yes forgot to add - that bloke Smith the one some think  ( including the manager I expect ) is unfit , a donkey and can only score with his head. You know the one we sent out on loan because he was obviously not up to it at our higher level of speed of play and fitness. The one that was somehow an instant hit at Bristol City scoring goals for fun. The one we didn't decide to recall as soon as we could. The one dropped last week having scored the winner at Blackpool. The one that had partnered our expensive and most talented forward we purchased from Leeds ( you know the guy we thought that would be tactically suited playing deep or out wide ) .
The one we might decide to partner our best player next season if and that is a big if we had anything resembling a plan or a strategy
Fulham fans have been starved this season, highlighted more than anything by the McCormack Smith debacle.
Played upfront together I feel sure they would have contributed 40/50 goals this season.

Absolute tosh!!

Cotrill admitted he had to get Smith fit and Smith admitted the same when thanking Bristol for getting him fit and starting the goal flurry.
Catch up!
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Fernhurst

Quote from: HV71 on May 03, 2015, 08:29:45 PM
I should apologise Lighthouse for having a go at you - but you wound me up by asking for a debate and then being dismissive when I put some names forward. You can be so contrary and so stuck in the same groove that you infuriate me.

My rant regarding Smith is based upon the posts I remembered before he came back ( not necessarily yours ) . People were completely dismissive of the player without ever having seen him play. Totally unfair

Thought Beamer answered all your suggestions
Don't worry mate, your posts don't infuriate anyone.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

mikestrand

Quote from: Fernhurst on May 04, 2015, 12:15:05 AM
Quote from: mikestrand on May 03, 2015, 10:33:59 PM
Yes forgot to add - that bloke Smith the one some think  ( including the manager I expect ) is unfit , a donkey and can only score with his head. You know the one we sent out on loan because he was obviously not up to it at our higher level of speed of play and fitness. The one that was somehow an instant hit at Bristol City scoring goals for fun. The one we didn't decide to recall as soon as we could. The one dropped last week having scored the winner at Blackpool. The one that had partnered our expensive and most talented forward we purchased from Leeds ( you know the guy we thought that would be tactically suited playing deep or out wide ) .

Absolute tosh!!

Cotrill admitted he had to get Smith fit and Smith admitted the same when thanking Bristol for getting him fit and starting the goal flurry.
Catch up!
By the time Smith had got to Bristol he would have been far from match fit, he hadn't played a full first team match for weeks, if not months.

Arthur

Quote from: Fernhurst on May 04, 2015, 12:15:05 AM
Absolute tosh!!

Catch up!

50 goals might be optimistic, but is 40 absolute tosh?

Smith was here when Symons took over as caretaker manager; that our player still wasn't fit when he arrived at Ashton Gate a few months later raises the question as to what Kit and the fitness staff were doing with him. Bristol City, it seems, sorted him out and had him in their first XI and scoring pretty quickly.

Symons' failure to spot Smith's potential contribution to our campaign (made all the more evident by his decision to allow the loan to be extended even though Rodallega's run of goals had come to an end) is one of the reasons I am doubtful that he can get us to the top of this league, however good our squad of players may be next season.

HV71

Thank you MikeStrand and Arthur for amplifying on the argument I was making . I assumed he was fit enough when he started at Reading but in not playing him Kit rendered him to be not match fit. Some of the comments made on this board were very derogatory and as a Fulham player, just trying to ply his trade and being successful at Bristol, he just didn't deserve such abuse. Compare and contrast this to how people react to criticism of Kit, who we did see on a week by week basis and who's performance was neither as effective or dynamic.

I loathe the abuse aimed at  individuals no matter whether I like them or not. Smith was basically painted to be a donkey when clearly this is far from true.

My apology to. Lighthouse was genuine but yet again  people react in a less than pleasant way.

Lighthouse

Quote from: HV71 on May 04, 2015, 09:22:49 AM
Thank you MikeStrand and Arthur for amplifying on the argument I was making . I assumed he was fit enough when he started at Reading but in not playing him Kit rendered him to be not match fit. Some of the comments made on this board were very derogatory and as a Fulham player, just trying to ply his trade and being successful at Bristol, he just didn't deserve such abuse. Compare and contrast this to how people react to criticism of Kit, who we did see on a week by week basis and who's performance was neither as effective or dynamic.

I loathe the abuse aimed at  individuals no matter whether I like them or not. Smith was basically painted to be a donkey when clearly this is far from true.

My apology to. Lighthouse was genuine but yet again  people react in a less than pleasant way.

Thanks for the apology. Sorry if you thought I was dismissive. As Mr Fernhurst said I thought I was just answering the suggestions you made. I really don't understand the needless comments of abuse be it mild or otherwise on players or posters. As we are all support the same side we all have to be allowed to comment on what has gone wrong or right with the club. I am slightly sensitive on the constant attacks on Symons as I have been criticised by a few for saying the same thing by defending him. Hypocritically the same posters who attacked me are also adding to the several threads all saying the same thing.

I enjoyed your posts and debate. Clearly we differ on Symons. But the abuse he is getting by some on here is simply short sighted and over the top. But any debate without the sarcastic remarks is welcome.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HV71

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 04, 2015, 11:31:31 AM
Quote from: HV71 on May 04, 2015, 09:22:49 AM

Thanks for the apology. Sorry if you thought I was dismissive. As Mr Fernhurst said I thought I was just answering the suggestions you made. I really don't understand the needless comments of abuse be it mild or otherwise on players or posters. As we are all support the same side we all have to be allowed to comment on what has gone wrong or right with the club. I am slightly sensitive on the constant attacks on Symons as I have been criticised by a few for saying the same thing by defending him. Hypocritically the same posters who attacked me are also adding to the several threads all saying the same thing.

I enjoyed your posts and debate. Clearly we differ on Symons. But the abuse he is getting by some on here is simply short sighted and over the top. But any debate without the sarcastic remarks is welcome.

Thanks Lighthouse I really do appreciate your comments . We do differ on Kit and that is fine. I really did want him to succeed and I have always wanted him to stay with the club ( going back to his old job or number two toma new manager ). That obviously gets more difficult and less likely to happen as each week goes by. I believe in continuity and hate constant sackings and change. What swayed me most has been down to two things - first of all his rather dogmatic approach and secondly the importance of next season as highlighted in M J G s excellent analysis.
I resulted in sarcasm in my rant about Smith and that is the lowest form of wit so I genuinely thank you for your understanding. We do all want the club to succeed and that is the priority

HV71

Don't worry about him Woolly he's harmless ( just like all of us on this board)