watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Huw Jennings

Started by BedsFFC, May 01, 2015, 03:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

Just read on TFI that he handed in his notice.

Is this correct? Gutted if true

SouthfieldWhite

There was a rumour a year or 2 back about the same thing.

It was rubbish then and as far as I know, it's not true now.

The best thing about our club at the moment is the Academy and I believe we should be investing more into it

FPT

The only reason I'd suspect that this is correct is Mike Rigg also having a bit of 'power' in the Academy, but Shahid Khan was quite clear in the appointment of Rigg that Huw is as important as ever. He was at the U21 game against Manchester United with Kit Symons.

I don't believe anything of TFI, and I look at it rarely with the appalling lay out of it. FoF is the only thing for me!

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: FPT on May 01, 2015, 03:39:13 PM
The only reason I'd suspect that this is correct is Mike Rigg also having a bit of 'power' in the Academy, but Shahid Khan was quite clear in the appointment of Rigg that Huw is as important as ever. He was at the U21 game against Manchester United with Kit Symons.

I don't believe anything of TFI, and I look at it rarely with the appalling lay out of it. FoF is the only thing for me!

I doubt Mike Rigg will have anything to do with the recruitment of players for the Academy.

I suspect Mike Rigg has been brought in to help find players for Kits first team.

I don't know MikeRigg personally, but I di know people who do and only have good things to say about him

Riversider

Why does everybody take things on message boards literally ? We are rubbish as a bunch of supporters for anything that is ITK ,
The only supporter that ive ever known on any message board post anything ITK is LP, everybody else I take with a very large pinch of salt !

BedsFFC

Quote from: Riversider on May 01, 2015, 04:38:38 PM
Why does everybody take things on message boards literally ? We are rubbish as a bunch of supporters for anything that is ITK ,
The only supporter that ive ever known on any message board post anything ITK is LP, everybody else I take with a very large pinch of salt !

Keep an eye on your blood pressure

westcliff white

rigg recruited a fair few youngsters for the man city academy
Every day is a Fulham day

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: westcliff white on May 01, 2015, 04:51:19 PM

I would expect that Jennings and Rigg will be recruiting together and that the academy will be just as important as first team in recruiting, long term. The academy has to develop into a conveyor belt into the first team,...one that must be fed continually.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

westcliff white

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on May 01, 2015, 04:56:42 PM

I would expect that Jennings and Rigg will be recruiting together and that the academy will be just as important as first team in recruiting, long term. The academy has to develop into a conveyor belt into the first team,...one that must be fed continually.
agree, i was referring to the post saying rigg probably wont have anything to do with the academy recruitment

bog

I hope this is not true. We have never had such a top drawer set up. Obviously not all yoof players make the grade but coming so close to winning the FA Yoof Cup last season suggests we are on the right track.

092.gif   

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: westcliff white on May 01, 2015, 04:58:14 PM

agree, i was referring to the post saying rigg probably wont have anything to do with the academy recruitment

Ok I will re phrase my comment, Rigg will have little to do with the recruitment at academy level, but with his contacts if a player comes up, of course he will gets player in.

We have Hew and Malcolm Eliase who are 2 of the best people in football at identifying Young Talent.

NogoodBoyo

I know little about football ((I've supported Fulham for far too long) and little about the internal machinations of the club but, from a past life I do know something about man management and career development.  I would not be at all surprised if there is a large element of truth behind this rumour that Jennings is off like a bucket of prawns in the sun.  
When Khan was looking for a Director of Football (which many here said would and should never happen) I took the position that the job should be Huw Jennings's.  He had performed consistently and constantly at Southampton.  He did the same thing here at Fulham.  I went on to say if you don't reward the few successes in your organization with clear career progression it's more than likely that they are going to leave.
There is an inevitability that this is going to happen with Jennings - sooner rather than later.   If true, that is another arrow in the Craven Coffin.
Nogood "adding to the chimes that the club is being woefully mismanaged at all levels, isit" Boyo

westcliff white

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on May 01, 2015, 05:18:04 PM

Ok I will re phrase my comment, Rigg will have little to do with the recruitment at academy level, but with his contacts if a player comes up, of course he will gets player in.

We have Hew and Malcolm Eliase who are 2 of the best people in football at identifying Young Talent.

They are 2 of the best for definate, but I htink you may be under cooking Riggs involvement. I believe he recruited around 50% of citys youngsters, mainly the foreign ones, which I would point out Fifa seem to be cracking down on those

Wearethewhites

Didn't Tiff come out with some other ludicrous story recently? Something about Fulham being up for sale at a loss? Even that came from someone who was supposedly 'creditable'.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: westcliff white on May 01, 2015, 05:34:48 PM

They are 2 of the best for definate, but I htink you may be under cooking Riggs involvement. I believe he recruited around 50% of citys youngsters, mainly the foreign ones, which I would point out Fifa seem to be cracking down on those
Given the amount of money to throw at the best young talent it would be surprising if he didn't sign some of the best youngsters in Europe but it doesn't mean he personally identified them or even checked them out

Fulham1959

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on May 01, 2015, 05:30:05 PM
I know little about football ((I've supported Fulham for far too long) and little about the internal machinations of the club but, from a past life I do know something about man management and career development.  I would not be at all surprised if there is a large element of truth behind this rumour that Jennings is off like a bucket of prawns in the sun.  
When Khan was looking for a Director of Football (which many here said would and should never happen) I took the position that the job should be Huw Jennings's.  He had performed consistently and constantly at Southampton.  He did the same thing here at Fulham.  I went on to say if you don't reward the few successes in your organization with clear career progression it's more than likely that they are going to leave.
There is an inevitability that this is going to happen with Jennings - sooner rather than later.   If true, that is another arrow in the Craven Coffin.
Nogood "adding to the chimes that the club is being woefully mismanaged at all levels, isit" Boyo

Nails (or screws?) are so yesterday !

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Surely recruiting and scouting are different matters entirely.

Wouldn't the scouts suggest certain players who would be 'vetted' by Huw Jennings and the recruitment process (Mike Rigg) contracts and everything else involved would begin from there
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

westcliff white

Quote from: MasterHaynes on May 01, 2015, 05:44:04 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on May 01, 2015, 05:34:48 PM

Given the amount of money to throw at the best young talent it would be surprising if he didn't sign some of the best youngsters in Europe but it doesn't mean he personally identified them or even checked them out
The same could be said of signings for the first team as well. The one thing for sure is Rigg will need his network to find payers inside our budgets

cookieg

With regards to our scouting network you do have to wonder what is going as we don't seem to be able to come up with the talent that other teams seem to either from the lower leagues or overseas so hopefully the new man will have some input into this if he has signed many youngsters at Citeh. I realise that that not every player is going to be world class but we do seem to sign a lot of players who just aren't up to it.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: cookieg on May 01, 2015, 09:27:28 PM
With regards to our scouting network you do have to wonder what is going as we don't seem to be able to come up with the talent that other teams seem to either from the lower leagues or overseas so hopefully the new man will have some input into this if he has signed many youngsters at Citeh. I realise that that not every player is going to be world class but we do seem to sign a lot of players who just aren't up to it.

They may be very nice to their mums but we sure have a lot of dead wood at the club.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES