watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How did Roberts do when he came on

Started by Max Headroom, May 02, 2015, 02:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Headroom

I'm stuck at a wedding today so couldn't go. How did Roberts play in hopefully not his last game for Fulham?

Bill2

Some nice touches did ok. What was good is that he was always looking for the ball, unlike others.

Fulham1959

I didn't even know all KOs today were early.  I looked on the Fulham FC website to get the team news and saw the FT score !!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Fulham1959 on May 02, 2015, 03:12:50 PM
I didn't even know all KOs today were early.  I looked on the Fulham FC website to get the team news and saw the FT score !!

fp.gif...lol

Burt

Now that is a neat way of avoiding a couple of hours of pain  :dft011:

bobbo

Queen Anne died a little while back also
1975 just leaving home full of hope

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Burt on May 02, 2015, 03:30:54 PM

Now that is a neat way of avoiding a couple of hours of pain  :dft011:

I could've done with a few more early starts this season. Derby, Watford, and Bournemouth immediately come to mind.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Holders

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 02, 2015, 03:42:07 PM
Quote from: bobbo on May 02, 2015, 03:31:12 PM
Queen Anne died a little while back also

And somebody invented the Wheel, and another bloke discovered the Worlld is not flat after all. Alexandra Bell invented the telephone, and not all Donkey Jackets have Donkeys in them.

Some do...

Has Mafeking been relieved yet?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Artful Dodger

Me too....in fact I was just getting a Fulham key cut in town and the guy commented on not getting many Fulham fans in Wakefield and then he asked how we got on - this was 2.30pm so I checked on the phone and found the score. Didn't have to rush home after that.... fp.gif
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

NogoodBoyo

Post of the day!
Nogood "in off the bar, isit" Boyo

Berserker

Probably for the best Nogood
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

res

Quote from: Max Headroom on May 02, 2015, 02:20:44 PM
I'm stuck at a wedding today so couldn't go. How did Roberts play in hopefully not his last game for Fulham?
Back to the question. He did fine, took players on, created a few problems for the otherwise underworked Norwich defence, and added some pace. Physically I can understand why he hasn't been a first team regular, but I still cannot understand why he hasn't been given more half hour cameos.

bog

res, because Kit wont take risks. Very annoying.

092.gif

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Yep, I made the same mistake.
I was quite happily watching the latest 2 episodes of Have I got news for You
and switched over at 9.55.

Ouch and duh
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

cmg

The full rerun is up on the Club website now so Roberts's half hour can be easily seen.

It's worth a view. He doesn't get much ball which is what might be expected from a side with as little possession as us, who have also reduced the role of the midfield to a bit part. When he does get the ball he is quite mesmerizing at times, he really does some extraordinary things with the ball. He is an absolute magnet for free kicks/yellow cards, although, in modern style, he seems to go looking for this a bit overmuch. He had a shot blocked at the end of a very fine move.
Perhaps even better is his movement off the ball. He gets into good positions as soon as he has got rid of the ball.

He has had a disappointing season but I'm still convinced he is the real deal. Hopefully his next deal will be with us.

He might consider losing the beard. Looks like a primary school kid going for a part in Joseph and His Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat.