watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Danny Guthrie

Started by JackyFulham90, May 03, 2015, 11:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Should we keep him at Fulham next year??
I think he is a decent player I would definitely like to see him stay next season as he will be a free transfer. I think he would be quite effective if we got a holding midfielder this summer.

hovewhite

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on May 03, 2015, 11:35:54 AM
Should we keep him at Fulham next year??
I think he is a decent player I would definitely like to see him stay next season as he will be a few transfer. I think he would be quite effective if we got a holding midfielder this summer.
im in the same camp as yourself.

JackyFulham90

Guthrie, Parker, Christensen,  Tunnicliffe & hopefully a holding midfielder brought in.
Hyndman is also there to add depth to that area of the squad

snarks

It's a no from me. I want Hyndman to play more next season and Guthrie will impede  that

Lighthouse

What are we aiming for? Struggle, mid table or play offs. If we are serious in talking promotion then Guthrie isn't really part of that conversation.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

Think hes worth the gamble, does have a decent pass on him and you can see his frustration when looking up and no one moves.
A central midfield squad of Guthrie, Tunnicliffe, Hyndman, LVC and then one holding player brought in and another to replace the experience of Parker.
If we play 433/451 type formations we will need 6 central guys.

J.Perkins

Quote from: MJG on May 03, 2015, 12:17:51 PM
Think hes worth the gamble, does have a decent pass on him and you can see his frustration when looking up and no one moves.
A central midfield squad of Guthrie, Tunnicliffe, Hyndman, LVC and then one holding player brought in and another to replace the experience of Parker.

I can see a midfield next season of Tunni and Hyndman holding, and LVC more advanced. Against stronger teams though, we will need a more industrial defensive mid.

2 new signings, and Tunni, LVC, Hyndman and Parker. Guthrie maybe as a free signing, but we should look about.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 03, 2015, 12:08:46 PM
What are we aiming for? Struggle, mid table or play offs. If we are serious in talking promotion then Guthrie isn't really part of that conversation.

Exactly.....

One Martin Thomas

.... same goes if we keep Kit.

Fernhurst

Also agreed, been quite impressed with Danny but I want two "worldie signings in midfield to compliment LVC" - strong, powerful, fast with superb passing ability(I can dream)

When I think how we played in our 4-0 win...... LVC sprinting the entire length of the pitch to finish off an impressive flowing move...... I think......that's what I want to see next season!
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

MJG

Quote from: J.Perkins on May 03, 2015, 12:22:30 PM
Quote from: MJG on May 03, 2015, 12:17:51 PM

I can see a midfield next season of Tunni and Hyndman holding, and LVC more advanced. Against stronger teams though, we will need a more industrial defensive mid.

2 new signings, and Tunni, LVC, Hyndman and Parker. Guthrie maybe as a free signing, but we should look about.
Quite right, not saying hes the answer but unlike many I think we have a good core of players, just need the right man to put them together and bring in a handful of new guys.

Fernhurst

MJG

You are possibly the one FoFer closer to the " heid yens" at the club than any other.

Is it your feeling the club want to change again.

Come on, you can tell us ... Nudge nudge, wink wink.

Mince n Tatties

Think we might have a whole new midfield next season.
LVC and new signings...
According to Football League Paper today, Kit states a few who
played yesterday want be at the club next season..

millsy

Quite like Guthrie but not sure he is the creative midfielder we've been missing since Danny Murphy's legs gave up. Unfortunately, Ruiz wasn't that man and I don't think we have any seniors on our books who fit the bill. Hope we can find a"Steed" from somewhere i.e. Mobile, energetic, neat passing and able to get on the end of things and bang in the occasional shot. Corzola is the template and while we won't get the finished article, this is the sort of player we need to add to our squad.

Don't think Tunnicliffe is solid enough as the enforcer yet but guess between him and Scott we can get by if we have to. Would prefer Fofana if we could get him for another season, as he is improving and offers something more too.

Then add LVC and young Pat to the mix and we have some balance, in addition to some genuine ability. What we must do is stop improvising and playing people out of position and often out of their depth e.g. Hoogs, Sean, Ross, none of whom are genuine midfielders.

Sooner we clear the decks of Bryan, Kaca, Staf, Hoogs, Hugo etc., the sooner we can focus on where the gaping holes are.

res

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on May 03, 2015, 11:43:12 AM
Guthrie, Parker, Christensen,  Tunnicliffe & hopefully a holding midfielder brought in.
Hyndman is also there to add depth to that area of the squad

But that gives us the same problem as this season. LVC to make the runs but no-one else. We can't play with so many slow one paced players

Tonywa

Quote from: Fernhurst on May 03, 2015, 12:46:08 PM

Also agreed, been quite impressed with Danny but I want two "worldie signings in midfield to compliment LVC" - strong, powerful, fast with superb passing ability(I can dream)

When I think how we played in our 4-0 win...... LVC sprinting the entire length of the pitch to finish off an impressive flowing move...... I think......that's what I want to see next season!

Is that the game in which we were totally outplayed for much of the first half and were looking to be on the back foot in the second when that excellent breakaway goal happened and changed the game? An excellent goal to be sure, but let's not kid ourselves that the performance was anything to write home about until the last twenty or so minutes.

F.luke

No more tunni please he,s clueless and as no confidence going forward look at Ross's last goal against boro tuning didnt want to run along him even!

Fernhurst

Quote from: Tonywa on May 03, 2015, 02:10:25 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on May 03, 2015, 12:46:08 PM

Is that the game in which we were totally outplayed for much of the first half and were looking to be on the back foot in the second when that excellent breakaway goal happened and changed the game? An excellent goal to be sure, but let's not kid ourselves that the performance was anything to write home about until the last twenty or so minutes.

Ok Tony, but enjoy anyway

https://youtu.be/GHi5ppHwq0I

HV71

Keep. Useful squad player.

Dodger53

Quote from: F.luke on May 03, 2015, 03:24:41 PM
No more tunni please he,s clueless and as no confidence going forward look at Ross's last goal against boro tuning didnt want to run along him even!

I agree - hopeless - jogs around avoiding play. Not fit or skillful.