News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

****RESULTS***Who should stay and who should go poll?

Started by MJG, May 03, 2015, 03:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

I'll be closing this at about 5pm today

Ordar

I selected to keep most of the young players, as they may develop with better coaching.

We've been in a constant squad up-haul for what feels like 5 years.

With the new TV deal it is imperative that we are promoted next season. It is going to get more and more difficult for the promoted teams to be able to stay up.

Get a proven manager in, and spend big. We can take the fine if it comes to that.

love4ffc

Done.  Also could not justify keeping majority of the team.  It may not be a complete sweep out and restock but it darn well needs to be close to it. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Black, White and Fred

When are we getting the results of this one MJG?
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

MJG

I've done some of it and will be posting later hopefully.

fulhamben

A couple of those must be wind ups. 1.9% would keep kiraly, really? They can't mean that
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on May 09, 2015, 07:17:31 PM
A couple of those must be wind ups. 1.9% would keep kiraly, really? They can't mean that
Family ;-)

i know some people just fill in some for a joke and I usually take them out, but then where do you draw the line and not get accused of fixing things?

fulhamben

And there's some real high numbers for getting rid of a few youth players that never played this season. Can only imagined they were decided on squad trimming as opposed to know their ability

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on May 09, 2015, 07:19:50 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on May 09, 2015, 07:17:31 PM
Family ;-)

i know some people just fill in some for a joke and I usually take them out, but then where do you draw the line and not get accused of fixing things?

yes fair point

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on May 09, 2015, 07:20:26 PM
And there's some real high numbers for getting rid of a few youth players that never played this season. Can only imagined they were decided on squad trimming as opposed to know their ability
Again who do I leave out?  Anyway I think a few are going to be off loaded anyway.

Also faith in youngsters has taken a knock this year with some fans having no time for many of them.

Burgf001

I'm surprised to see Ashley Richardswith so little votes. I thought he did well when he played to be honest

HatterDon

So pleased to see I'm not the only one who rates Grimmer highly. As I've said on here many times, watching him in the Dallas Cup matches a few years ago, I thought to myself, "Someday this boy is going to be club captain. I just hope it's for Fulham." He DOES have a lot to learn, but he wasn't overwhelmed and he's a worker and a leader.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Dodger53

The quality still isn't there!

WestCountryWhite

Quote from: HatterDon on May 10, 2015, 03:38:12 AM
So pleased to see I'm not the only one who rates Grimmer highly. As I've said on here many times, watching him in the Dallas Cup matches a few years ago, I thought to myself, "Someday this boy is going to be club captain. I just hope it's for Fulham." He DOES have a lot to learn, but he wasn't overwhelmed and he's a worker and a leader.

Yeah agreed I hope he does to he does have alot to learn but showed real promise. Another odd decision by Kit for me was that he had by far his best game towards the end of the season (forget who)  then was promptly dropped from the squad. When asked on twitter if injured he said no which was even more puzzling

Would like to see us keep Richards aswell if possible thought he'd be good cover for both full back positions. Having watched passley play a couple of times I like him to but the stories of his attitude that have come out of pompey have put me off

Lighthouse

Grimmer was one of those players that seemed to learn on the job. I thought he was poor and allowed to much space between him and the player he was closing down. He seemed out of position most of the time. But I have to admit he seemed to work things out as the season went on. Still far from sure he is ready yet to be the number one right back. But if he can keep improving, then why not?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Wimbledon_White

The squad the results leave us with is nowhere near good enough for a promotion push. I think we need at least four first team starters to come in this summer.

Dodger53

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on May 10, 2015, 05:01:03 PM
The squad the results leave us with is nowhere near good enough for a promotion push. I think we need at least four first team starters to come in this summer.
:plus one:

kdjr100

I think it is a decent squad what is left.

I would say we need to buy four players of quality over the summer, but within that squad we have adequate cover, youth and energy.

We are probably okay for GK for now, although money depending would be nice to have some experience.

Defense needs a a good centre back, but more importantly just need to gel and grow in confidence as a unit. For me this isn't an area that you can just throw money at, a good defense takes time and it is something the whole team needs to buy into.

Midfield is where we are weak. A quality ball playing CM and a ball winner would be nice, even better if they can both be one player... Diarra anyone? I'm pretty happy to stay patient and give Roberts and Williams the opportunity to develop, alongside Kaca and Plumain.

Up front I think we are okay, in Smith and McCormack we have a good partnership and woodrow and Dembele are adequate backup for the Championship, especially as they will continue to develop.

I think we could have a shot at promotion with 4 good signings and this current squad.
"and there's a tidal wave on the Thames!"