watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hugo Rodallega

Started by @jolslover, May 04, 2015, 08:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HV71

He is good enough at this level. All strikers have bad patches and that is why you have to have some depth in the squad. His wages are certainly a problem - but he cannot be blamed for that. He is a top bloke , a good athlete , tries hard but his first touch is woeful.

westcliff white

As much as I am not a fan of his, and I have no problem admitting that, I would be happy for him to stay if he took at least a 50% pay cut on his alleged earnings of 70k per week and that he was back up to the other 2 or 3 strikers we would have on our books.
Every day is a Fulham day

Black and White Town

That first goal on the video is just extraordinary.
I've watched it about 3 times, and I can't work out how it squeezed in!

Wearethewhites

Quote from: westcliff white on May 05, 2015, 08:58:49 AM
As much as I am not a fan of his, and I have no problem admitting that, I would be happy for him to stay if he took at least a 50% pay cut on his alleged earnings of 70k per week and that he was back up to the other 2 or 3 strikers we would have on our books.

Hugo is only on 70k a week due to him being a free transfer from Wigan, his signing on fee was added to his wages, and then spread out over his remaining contract. His contract runs out this summer, so it's now down to FFC and Hugo thrashing something out.   

NorfolkJim

I used to think he was really outstanding as a player when he was at Wigan so I was quite excited when he came to Fulham. In the event it's been somewhat underwhelming from him over the full season. The missed lob at Carrow Road stands out - threatens but the finishing often let him down. Great when he gets it right but I'm surprised Kit preferred him to having mcCormack and Smith up front together

westcliff white

Quote from: Wearethewhites on May 05, 2015, 10:18:41 AM

Hugo is only on 70k a week due to him being a free transfer from Wigan, his signing on fee was added to his wages, and then spread out over his remaining contract. His contract runs out this summer, so it's now down to FFC and Hugo thrashing something out.  
I know that, but too agree a new deal he would have to take a massive pay cut from that
Every day is a Fulham day

J

I like him, and first and foremost he should be applauded for what he has done - he has scored some important goals for us, always seems to care about playing for the club and has been good for a lot of the season...

But when it is all said and done, especially factoring in his ridiculous wages, we just don't need him in the squad. Ross and Smith have both shown they are better at this level, plus we have Dembele and Woodrow waiting in the wings providing the young potential. And also let's not forget about Taggart who looks like he could be quite an effective player for us once he is actually fit!

Tonywa

Smith has many, many faults - even at this level and I dislike the hoofball we tend to play when he is in the team.  However look at his scoring record in comparison to Hugo's and decide who you think provides us with the better value for money for the future.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Wearethewhites on May 05, 2015, 10:18:41 AM

Only on 70k?...Poor lad how on earth does he get by...

Lighthouse

His running off the ball and finding space, offering himself for the pass was excellent. His partnership with Ross was really wonderful at times. Personally I think the stats don't lie and he was our second best striker offering more than Woodrow and Smith etc.

Rodders first touch was never his strong point and every poor finish was matched by a good one.

He appeared eager and honest and I for one will miss that. Too many of our players hid away and made poor runs in the hope of not seeing the ball.

Good luck to him whatever he decides to do. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: snarks on May 05, 2015, 08:37:45 AM
I rate Hugo, but he needs to be in the right system to make things work for him. Which following LVC's injury he rarely was.

Regardless of the chances he missed, he always puts in the effort and is scared to keep trying. He never hides even when it would be easy for him to.

Quite correct about the right system.

The video shows that most of his goals were scored with neat through balls along the ground beyond the defence with a few rebounds within the six yard box, no beating of defenders, no headers, no shots from distance. If you want him to score you have to play to his strengths and, for example, not leave him as a lone striker and expect him to compete for balls lobbed up towards him from deep.

EJL

That Amorebieta cross... Gets better every time.