more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

All things considered we had a great support this season

Started by MasterHaynes, May 05, 2015, 08:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterHaynes

http://www.soccerstats.com/attendance.asp?league=england2

If you follow this link it shows the Championship attendance league table where we finished a creditable 11th with a 70% of capacity average home attendance of 18,219. I know this includes season ticket holders that do not attend but when looking at teams that had much better seasons than us we did the club proud especially as the omens started to look bad from the 4-5th game and dashed any hopes of a quick return and the saw us in the last 3 months struggle to pull away from relegation positions.

There are some surprises in there, Brentford who only averaged 10,723(87%) capacity 12,300 and Bournemouth 10,226 (85%) capacity 12,000 despite one being crowned champions and another making the play offs, both in the running all season.
As for the argument without Khan putting his hand in his pocket we are destined to a mid table position at best neither of them would have attracted huge sponsorship deals, nor, with the small fan base raised huge revenue from kit and club paraphernalia, yet both kept  within FFP rules and still may see both promoted. Its certainly a conundrum and something to mull over.

MJG

It does include all ST sales even if not in the ground.

MJG

Quote from: Harold Shand on May 05, 2015, 08:31:24 AM
Away support has been very good.
It has and it's one reason I will not have a go at the club in selling as many tickets as possible in the Putney end.
Purely a financial decision,  30% drop  attendance could be anywhere from £1-3m cash not coming into the club. Need to make the shortfalls up somewhere.

Harold Shand

Quote from: MJG on May 05, 2015, 08:35:14 AM
It has and it's one reason I will not have a go at the club in selling as many tickets as possible in the Putney end.
Purely a financial decision,  30% drop  attendance could be anywhere from £1-3m cash not coming into the club. Need to make the shortfalls up somewhere.

Sorry I meant what we have taken away, but the away support at the cottage has been very good as well.

MJG

I saw a table yesterday showing all the away support and yes we came out of it really well.  I for one did more away games this season than any season in the PL.

MasterHaynes

Away fans travelling to the cottage have helped but in theory it should balance out with other teams that have a min capacity of 20k. The discussion point here is Bournemouth and Brentford have had far less income than us even before the parachute payment is factored in and yet both have done incredibly well. Do we need to make up the shortfall if most of the remaining PL high earners move on in the summer? If you throw Wolves and Ipswich into the mix does the amount of money spent by championship teams equate to level of success achieved given this seasons figures?
I know one of the papers did something last year on money spent per point for premiership teams, it would be interesting to see the same for last years championships teams.

ffc73

Many times at the Cottage this season away sides have brought impressive numbers.  Many of those supporters will not have been to the Cottage before

I suggest that FFC supporters travelling away and other supporters travelling to Fulham will reduce next season purely because the novelty factor will have gone away. 

MasterHaynes

Because generally we are so very generous to visiting teams in allowing them to score and win and judging opposition fans comments having had such a good time maybe they may spread the word and we will get even bigger numbers of away support coming to the cottage.

Fulham1959

Notable that Blackburn was, on average, only 48% full ;  ourselves, almost 71%.

HillingdonFFC

Bit sad about our away attendances, borderline embarrassing.17th in the league behind giants like Rotherham, Brentford and Blackburn.This after 13 years in the premier league and three promotions in the previous four years

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I suppose it applies to all teams, but what has ruined our attendances this season is the number of midweek games.

You cannot expect people to travel from the North and Midlands, and many home supporters either cannot attend, or dislike evening games.

Burt

Where is the source for the away following league table?

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Burt on May 05, 2015, 05:53:26 PM
Where is the source for the away following league table?

Someone posted the official figures on the club Facebook page

Burgf001

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on May 05, 2015, 03:13:39 PM
Bit sad about our away attendances, borderline embarrassing.17th in the league behind giants like Rotherham, Brentford and Blackburn.This after 13 years in the premier league and three promotions in the previous four years

Our away support is usually pretty bad though. Rotherham have half the league within a reasonable distance too, there were only 4 (including Watford) London clubs for away days

WestCountryWhite

I'll forgive the club for making every game a home game for the opposition if they actually plow that money in to the squad. Otherwise what is the point