watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Brentford

Started by NorfolkJim, May 05, 2015, 11:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorfolkJim

What are we hoping for Brentford? That they don't get promoted?
I'm divided - I'd quite like to see them in the play off final getting beaten by Norwich as that would be very disappointing for them (But I'd lose my home game next season) or see them promoted through the play offs, keeping my home game next season and setting up Brentford as the Premier League whipping boys for next season - Maybe they would do worse than Derby with a bit of luck.

Bedford White

I say if they do earn their place in the Premier League, then good luck to them. At least it'll prove that with sensible investment and good management any team is capable of reaching the top table.

Whether they can stay there is another matter...

NorfolkJim

Quote from: Bedford White on May 05, 2015, 12:01:39 PM
I say if they do earn their place in the Premier League, then good luck to them. At least it'll prove that with sensible investment and good management any team is capable of reaching the top table.

Much too sensible for me

filham

Well we would lose local derbies against both Watford and Brentford but as I twice failed to get a ticket at Brentford this season I am not too worried about that. However having Brentford in a higher division than us is a bitter pill to swallow.

Burt

Can't say that I am that fussed one way or another.

It's always good to see smaller teams having their day in the sun, and in this case I like the fact that Mark Warburton has steered them to the play-offs despite knowing for a few months that he is out of a job.

Riversider

So far this season ,
Boro 4 Brentford 0
Brentford 0 Boro 1

Fulham76

Not too bothered about Brentford to be honest, haven't given them much thought for the last 15 years! No problem with them going up either, but might benefit us if they stay down as I can't see them having another great season in the championship next year. We might have an easier time against them compared with Norwich, Ipswich or Middlesbrough.

I wouldn't be too disappointed if we got their manager this summer either, if they really do let him go.

Southdowns White

I would like to see Middlesbrough beat them straight away if for nothing else than Middlesbrough is a very long way to travel to an away game and it's good to have another local team to play.

St Eve

I would like to see them make it

Chesh

For the simple reason that they take such delight in our own failings, I want them to fail equally.

They think they're the 'bees knees' at the moment, and next season I would prefer them in the same division as us and QPR - let the rivalry begin!!
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Fair play to Brentford. There's no denying they deserve to be there. And to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't mind Warburton in charge next season. If he can do that with them, then he can certainly do it for us.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Buffalo76

Misery at the first hurdle in the play-offs. Can't have another little west london team in a higher league than us.

alfie

Quote from: Bedford White on May 05, 2015, 12:01:39 PM

Brentford sensible, 3/4 way through the season they announce they getting rid of the guy that's worked this success for them.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Wearethewhites

Every dog has it's day in football, the tide always turns, and unfortunately for us, the tides now gone out. We had our 13 years in the top flight, breezed through the leagues, spent cash, got wild, went to a European Final, and have now been brought back to earth.

We'll have our day again, I'm pretty sure about that, but next time, we'll be back to stay. I'm not worried about Brentford, or even QPR, let them have their moment.

PaulJ123

Brentford would be a solid bet for beating Derby's lowest point record if they go up, although I'd like to see them go up as Warburton deserves that on his CV.

Still a joke that he's leaving after the season they've had.

The Rock

I could care less. Any of them deserve it and are far better than us and we fully deserve to be a struggling Championship side.

Baszab

They have applied to us for ground share if they go up - they spoke to QPR but have rejected them as the ground is so poor compared to CC

Buffalo76

Quote from: PaulJ123 on May 05, 2015, 06:53:43 PM
Brentford would be a solid bet for beating Derby's lowest point record if they go up, although I'd like to see them go up as Warburton deserves that on his CV.

Still a joke that he's leaving after the season they've had.

I know their owner clearly has a different outlook on how to run a football club but my theory is if it ain't broke don't fix it.  It'll be their loss soon enough,  and who knows maybe our gain.