watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Channel 5 launch new Football League programme

Started by grandad, May 05, 2015, 05:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Great that its on at 9pm instead of midnight on the BBC..

Blanco

Brilliant. I have to wait till 1am to watch it were I live.

hovewhite

Giving there FL there prominence it deserves at last.

The Enclosurite

I wonder if the MOTD viewing figures will drop because of this.  The only time I really ever watched it this season was waiting up for the Football League Show.
¡COYW!

Nero

God The Mechanic

This will likely unfortunately clash with the late La Liga game on Sky.  So there won't be too many non-FL fans watching it I wouldn't have thought.

GloucesterWhite

Every goal from 3 divisions crammed into 90 minutes, a bit like being last on MOTD - nothing new there then.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on May 06, 2015, 08:13:00 AM
Every goal from 3 divisions crammed into 90 minutes, a bit like being last on MOTD - nothing new there then.

Usually works out ok. The 0-0's and the 1-0's get minimal coverage as does League 2. Let's hope we're up there and we get top spots.

MJG

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on May 06, 2015, 08:13:00 AM
And it's not really 90 mins,  more like 66 with adverts to cover at most 36 games.

New channels always start off with the right intentions,  but I give it less than 8 shows before its moved from 9pm for another showing of some crap euro action movie.

just_another_day

Quote from: The Enclosurite on May 05, 2015, 09:26:51 PM
I wonder if the MOTD viewing figures will drop because of this.  The only time I really ever watched it this season was waiting up for the Football League Show.

if its a 90 minute show, it will finish at 10.30pm, so it will not clash with motd, ppl will tune into motd after

The Enclosurite

Quote from: just_another_day on May 06, 2015, 12:02:12 PM
Quote from: The Enclosurite on May 05, 2015, 09:26:51 PM

if its a 90 minute show, it will finish at 10.30pm, so it will not clash with motd, ppl will tune into motd after

The clash wasn't my point.  There are a lot more football league clubs than premier league clubs so there may be others like myself that once the football league show is done and dusted wont religiously watch MOTD afterwards.  Whereas the other way around would likely end up watching both.
¡COYW!

Airfix

As I currently do, I'll record it and watch it on a Sunday morning, zapping the inane chat and - for Channel 5 - the adverts.

King_Crud

Quote from: God The Mechanic on May 06, 2015, 12:00:59 AM
This will likely unfortunately clash with the late La Liga game on Sky.  So there won't be too many non-FL fans watching it I wouldn't have thought.

Eh? Free to air football league show vs pay tv foreign league? I think it will do ok