more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Chronic sinusitis

Started by bunter, May 05, 2015, 05:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunter

Anyone else suffer from this? Its dreaful :012:

Given my family are now fed up with me moaning about it, i thought i'd start doing it on here instead. You're all welcome.

grandad

I suffered many years ago. I had to have the passages drilled out. No problems since except when I get a cold & it gets blocked up a bit. Soon goes though.
Looked a bit silly after the op with 2 tampax up my nose for a week.
Where there's a will there's a wife

YankeeJim

It sucks doesn't it. Nothing really works, at least not for long. The sprays give me nose bleeds & the pills only work sometimes. I've had best luck with a sinus rinse either before bed or after I've done yard work or been in a dusty area. The most successful thing is tequila. It doesn't fix anything but you don't give a shite.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

YankeeJim

Quote from: grandad on May 05, 2015, 05:58:14 PM
I suffered many years ago. I had to have the passages drilled out. No problems since except when I get a cold & it gets blocked up a bit. Soon goes though.

If you trim off the little strings it wont be as noticeable.  :005:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

grandad

Quote from: YankeeJim on May 05, 2015, 06:01:19 PM
Quote from: grandad on May 05, 2015, 05:58:14 PM

If you trim off the little strings it wont be as noticeable.  :005:

Haha. I tied the strings into a bow. No, they were not real tampax , they just looked similar.
Where there's a will there's a wife

bunter

Quote from: YankeeJim on May 05, 2015, 06:00:19 PM
It sucks doesn't it. Nothing really works, at least not for long. The sprays give me nose bleeds & the pills only work sometimes. I've had best luck with a sinus rinse either before bed or after I've done yard work or been in a dusty area. The most successful thing is tequila. It doesn't fix anything but you don't give a shite.

I feel your pain, brother  :54:

Not a fan of the sprays either, i've had the same problem with nose bleeds. I hate the thought of having to use it forever and a day to control the symptoms. I really must try to be more disciplined with a rinse, might help. Though more likely i'll follow your advice re the tequila, i dont need an excuse at the best of times!

Huxley

Nasal douche has helped me lots! Can get it via amazon or pharmacies. http://www.amazon.co.uk/NeilMed-SinusRinse-Saline-Nasal-Rinse/dp/B000A0S5KC  Importantly only use fresh bottled water and not tap water. Basically you add the sachet to the water, and squirt it up each of you nostrils while it comes out the other one.

bunter

Quote from: TheGreatGatsby on May 05, 2015, 06:21:02 PM
Nasal douche has helped me lots! Can get it via amazon or pharmacies. http://www.amazon.co.uk/NeilMed-SinusRinse-Saline-Nasal-Rinse/dp/B000A0S5KC  Importantly only use fresh bottled water and not tap water. Basically you add the sachet to the water, and squirt it up each of you nostrils while it comes out the other one.

I was actually looking at that in the chemist earlier when collecting my prescription, great to hear a positive reveiw. Thanks, think i'll give it a try  :54:

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: YankeeJim on May 05, 2015, 06:00:19 PM

:0)

I suffer from sinus attacks but nothing serious, it's worse if the old hiatus hernia plays up at the same time.
Breathing water up the nostrils when showering works for me quite often
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Mince n Tatties

It struck me real bad back in the early nineties..
I kept getting severe headaches and ended up with double vision.
When they put my head under the scanner they thought I had a massive tumour in my head, it
was all the crap..
They drilled through nasal area and had them washed out daily god the smell (I believe
they dont do it anymore that way)
I was in hospital 6 days till my double vision went On antibiotic drip.
You have my sympathies...

Woolly Mammoth

Wait till you get Puritus, everything else pales into insignificance.   
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

I was glad to see the back of those Leeches in 1946. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Equalizer

Back in 2005 I got my first ever migraine. It became persistent over a couple of month period, so I went to the GP (fortunately I was on private health with Barclays Capital at the time), and they referred me to Moorfields private eye hospital. I did some full on scans there, and nothing was found with my eyes, so the doc put me forward for an MRI scan in Harley St.

One MRI scan, which lasted about 2 hours because I kept falling asleep, later and I was prescribed as having chronic sinusitis. I started on inhalers, but nothing was really working.

About a year later, I started working with an old friend in the City, and he was into all this homeopathic medicine. He sorted a load of tablets for me to take which he said would cure it. They were milk sugar tablets that had been 'energised' by some witch doctor or something, but I had to take about 40 a day for a week.

One week later it was gone. Not had a problem since.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

bunter

Ended up going back to the chemist last night and buying this, such was my fustration. As to be expected, it was more expensive than on amazon but thought i'd give it a try. Basically, its 18 notes for a water bottle and a few sachets of salt!

I must say, it seems to be a great product. Its a lovely feeling having that water go up your nose, and it definitely gave me some short term relief. I dont think it will sort the problem entirely for me, but i definitely think it will help, especially with the dreadful dryness i get in my nose/sinus (a side effect of claritin which i take all year round). Recommended!  :54:

shnlwswlkr

I don't suffer from it, I'm just being nosey... Haaaaaa
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

fulhamben

Mate at work has this, his constant sniffing drives us nuts.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: bunter on May 06, 2015, 05:13:16 PM
Nasal douche has helped me lots! Can get it via amazon or pharmacies. http://www.amazon.co.uk/NeilMed-SinusRinse-Saline-Nasal-Rinse/dp/B000A0S5KC  Importantly only use fresh bottled water and not tap water. Basically you add the sachet to the water, and squirt it up each of you nostrils while it comes out the other one.

Ended up going back to the chemist last night and buying this, such was my fustration. As to be expected, it was more expensive than on amazon but thought i'd give it a try. Basically, its 18 notes for a water bottle and a few sachets of salt!

I must say, it seems to be a great product. Its a lovely feeling having that water go up your nose, and it definitely gave me some short term relief. I dont think it will sort the problem entirely for me, but i definitely think it will help, especially with the dreadful dryness i get in my nose/sinus (a side effect of claritin which i take all year round). Recommended!  :54:

As I said, try breathing water up your nose in the shower, it's worked for me.
I also heard that nasally breathing sea water is good for sinus's but I haven't tried it.
Of course you need to live near the sea.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

bunter

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on May 06, 2015, 05:27:41 PM
Quote from: bunter on May 06, 2015, 05:13:16 PM

I must say, it seems to be a great product. Its a lovely feeling having that water go up your nose, and it definitely gave me some short term relief. I dont think it will sort the problem entirely for me, but i definitely think it will help, especially with the dreadful dryness i get in my nose/sinus (a side effect of claritin which i take all year round). Recommended!  :54:

As I said, try breathing water up your nose in the shower, it's worked for me.
I also heard that nasally breathing sea water is good for sinus's but I haven't tried it.
Of course you need to live near the sea.

Thank you Sir. Makes sense to keep the inside of the hooter moisturised. I shall give it a try