more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker staying nightmare!!!

Started by robert, May 06, 2015, 11:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: robert on May 07, 2015, 11:18:01 AM
Only Fulham have the capability to depress some of their supporters with this news   almost immediately after a horror season!!
what news? Parker? I think most are ok with him staying
Every day is a Fulham day

Logicalman

Quote from: Riversider on May 06, 2015, 06:39:41 PM
Parker should go, no doubt about it whatsoever, will he ? Not a chance in hell !
The remainder of his contract is worth £3 million, who in their right mind is going to pay that to a painfully slow , ageing midfielder that will be lucky to make 25 starts next season, not all of those will he play 90 mins in, and he cant play 3 games in a week !
Ask yourself this Parker fans, do you want to make the top 6 next season ?
If so , which of the top 6 from this season could Scott Parker have got in to ? ".....................None !
Give him £1 or £2 million to pay him off and get rid .
Makes me physically sick to suggest giving a finished player millions for nothing , but there you go thats football
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

McBride78

We need Parker, period.  Especially if we are going to continue to try to integrate youth into our squad.  There is value in what he does in training and the clubhouse in regards to mentoring.  Also, regardless of how slow or how old he may be, someone who is saying get rid of him please tell me who is lined up to come here and do better?  Almost relegated Championship side...we can do much worse than Parker.  As for wages...blah blah.  We are getting rid of Ruiz, the Greek, and Stek and I dont see our new signings costing us more than those three.....surely his wages will not be that much of a problem.  We also have several loan players that are now off the books or will be.  As a CM I also suspect you have to play what cards you are delt...meaning if the tactics or players around you are mediocre, how in the world are you going to look world class all of the time?  I tend to think that if we retool with some smart signings, integrate our promising youngsters, and keep Parker and Ross in place we could have a much better squad to watch next year.   

Arthur

Quote from: Logicalman on May 07, 2015, 12:19:09 PM
a painfully slow , ageing midfielder that will be lucky to make 25 starts next season, not all of those will he play 90 mins in, and he cant play 3 games in a week !

That's a little deja vu methinks. I recall the same posts being made about smurph in times gone by.

It may be what some were saying about Murphy and it may be that Murphy ultimately proved those doubters wrong. This has no bearing, however, on whether Parker will do the same.

If so , which of the top 6 from this season could Scott Parker have got in to ? ".....................None !

I would have thought that the above was a more relevant part of Riversider's quote: unless a case can be made that Parker could have been an asset to one of the top six, it is difficult, in my opinion, to make the case that he ought to be pivotal to our attempted promotion push next season.