watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker staying nightmare!!!

Started by robert, May 06, 2015, 11:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Until we can find a tough ,experienced centre midfielder of quality who can make a mark as captain then we need Parker. The only doubt about Parker for next season is that he is unlikely to play 46 games of 90 minutes so we must have a sub in place.

Lets now accept that Kit and Parker will be leading the team next season and think more about other critical positions  (left midfield) where players are needed.

Roberty

Quote from: Logicalman on May 06, 2015, 02:23:19 PM
Quote from: Roberty on May 06, 2015, 11:26:57 AM
Question - how many Subject names do you think we can invent for a KIT OUT thread

It seems to be one a day and none of them seem to add anything new to the narrative

Maybe the MODS could start one each Monday and we could keep adding to it instead of having a new one everyday?

During the close season, due to the usual drop in threads, it was decided to let a number of threads run, even if they were somewhat repetitive.

If the majority are in favor of merging them, please speak up and let us know your thoughts.

Maybe we could rename the "closed season", better to call it the "cut and paste season"   :005:
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 06, 2015, 03:16:36 PM
I like Scott Parker, I feel he is a players player. Yes the years are catching up, but I reckon he still has plenty to offer. He sets a good example, and his work rate is higher than some of the other players. I hope he stays.

Agreed. I look at it this way: Which other player do we have/can we afford that commands the respect that he does and sets the example that he does? That has to be a very short list. When that gets trimmed by "who is also available to be signed", then we get to understanding what an asset Scotty actually is.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

snarks

Quote from: Roberty on May 06, 2015, 02:48:17 PM
Quote from: snarks on May 06, 2015, 01:15:42 PM
I would like to see Hyndman get more game time.

I note on another thread someone drew a Xavi comparison, which is very OTT at the moment. However a Carrick type player he clearly is. Finds space, seems to have that extra time on the ball, never really gets dirty and a good range of passing. He should definately get more time next season. Lets face it Klinsmann likes him, and he has proved to be a pretty good judge of a player.

He could have had more time this season if he'd not broken his collar bone playing for the USA - that was not the clubs fault

Never said otherwise, although having played under FM (lets face it who didn't) he then vanished a bit, he wasn't even in the matchday squad when he went away with the USA.

Hopefully as a year older he will have matured into a better player. Of the players already on the books, he, LVC, Tunni, Parker and Roberts could make a promising start to the midfield players the club need.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: robert on May 06, 2015, 11:11:24 AM
Always been on the fence on the Kit staying as manager situation.Now I'm firmly decided.Go now Kit and take the waster Parker and other such Fulham wasters with you-Who would they be by the way?

Go easy on the OP, he's probably only 10 years old and dosnt really understand football yet

robert

This shows clearly to what depts we have plummeted that so many admire Parker and see him as a wonder player.No qusetion on his decency as a man and his full commitment to us as a player.However,truth is he is a has been so maybe a has been team is suitable for him,in which case I stand corrected!!

HatterDon

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 06, 2015, 04:13:58 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on May 06, 2015, 03:28:51 PM
I like Scott Parker, I feel he is a players player. Yes the years are catching up, but I reckon he still has plenty to offer. He sets a good example, and his work rate is higher than some of the other players. I hope he stays.

Agreed. I look at it this way: Which other player do we have/can we afford that commands the respect that he does and sets the example that he does? That has to be a very short list. When that gets trimmed by "who is also available to be signed", then we get to understanding what an asset Scotty actually is.

Your absolutely right, he is an asset, and should be valued.

And now I am forced to agree completely with you.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Twig

Quote from: robert on May 06, 2015, 04:49:44 PM
This shows clearly to what depts we have plummeted that so many admire Parker and see him as a wonder player.No qusetion on his decency as a man and his full commitment to us as a player.However,truth is he is a has been so maybe a has been team is suitable for him,in which case I stand corrected!!

So if he is a decent man and shows full commitment how is he a waster?  What a stupid post.

FulhamStu

The issue with Parker will be his wages.  I suspect he is on 30 - 50K a week and for that we need more than he has to offer.  Having said that, he is on a contract that we agreed so unless he wants to go or become a player/coach we are stuck with his wages.   A decent player, obviously was an excellent player in his time, but never never never a defensive midfield player.  He wants to be involved all the time and leaves his post, such that the defence is exposed to MF runners from other teams not being picked up.  Then again - he did not play v Norwich and we were terrible in this aspect of the game !

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: HatterDon on May 06, 2015, 04:54:02 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 06, 2015, 04:13:58 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on May 06, 2015, 03:28:51 PM

Your absolutely right, he is an asset, and should be valued.

And now I am forced to agree completely with you.

We will have to stop meeting like this.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

robert

Fully agree with the above post.Still think however we'd be better to cut our loss as we have done so often in the past and let him go now.No rebuilding till then though Parker lovers will be gravely upset and would keep him no matter the cost to our club.

Riversider

Parker should go, no doubt about it whatsoever, will he ? Not a chance in hell !
The remainder of his contract is worth £3 million, who in their right mind is going to pay that to a painfully slow , ageing midfielder that will be lucky to make 25 starts next season, not all of those will he play 90 mins in, and he cant play 3 games in a week !
Ask yourself this Parker fans, do you want to make the top 6 next season ?
If so , which of the top 6 from this season could Scott Parker have got in to ? ".....................None !
Give him £1 or £2 million to pay him off and get rid .
Makes me physically sick to suggest giving a finished player millions for nothing , but there you go thats football

robert

Parker and Kit are indeed an excellent partnership for each other.They will never leave our club unless together.You cannot get rid of just one of them as they have to go together.This is no mere extention of the Kit out group(I'd never been for it before),but definitely part of get Kit and Parker out before the new season starts.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Tonywa on May 06, 2015, 12:42:04 PM
I despair.  So many here are glad that our most skilful player Ruiz is likely to be leaving during the summer, now some want to get rid of the only other player we have with any true class - Scott Parker. The Mind boggles.

Class???  As a representative of the club, at the training ground, as a professional I can except but as a captain leading by example on the field?

He's doing his best i'm sure but its not been good enough for two seasons.

YoungsBitter

"The remainder of his contract is worth £3 million, who in their right mind is going to pay that to a painfully slow , ageing midfielder that will be lucky to make 25 starts next season, not all of those will he play 90 mins in, and he cant play 3 games in a week !"
So the decision is can we better spend the money elsewhere and whether he will negotiate a lump sum which is less and retire or go and get one more pay check? There is an argument that a role that sees him join coaching staff and keeps his leadership in the squad without him actually being the first name on the line up may be the best compromise. He has been at the heart of the midfield that has not protected our defense for 3 seasons now and I think its no coincidence that we lose by the biggest margins when he plays and win more often than not, without him. As MJG says, he always slows the game down and we are turgid with him in the line up, for all of his bulldog tenacity etc I think he is past his sell by date.
So definite no to him being key to out midfield plans for next year, tentative yes to him staying around in another role and being a reliable sub option and transition to coaching.
Quark, strangeness and charm

Chutney

This is an outrageous post. Parker is our captain and best CM.
C O Y W

Riversider

Jonaldiniho 88

Hardly a nightmare. Performance wise is one of the better players in our midfield this season. That's not saying much but he would be an incredible back up midfielder, and good starter in a supporting role. I think tunni should be our matic. He has legs, can play the simple balls and with an off season maybe even learning how to play cb could be immense for us next season in dcm just in front of the back four.

fulhamphil

Thank goodness for more sensible posts re Kit's stated intention to launch into another 46 game schedule with a veteran Parker still part of his plans. Therein lies madness, make no mistake. A depressing comment indeed that screams a fresh pair of eyes are needed to evaluate urgent rebuilding requirements. Still maintain the man for the job is Mark Warburton.

robert

Only Fulham have the capability to depress some of their supporters with this news   almost immediately after a horror season!!