watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Improving the Defence

Started by wheelerdeeler, May 07, 2015, 10:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheelerdeeler

Hi! I've been looking at this for quite a while, So I thought I'd take the Plunge. I've been going on about him for a while on my Blog, so I thought my first post should be about him. For me #1 on our Priority List for the Summer should be Aden Flint from Bristol City, take out his 15 Goal Tally for the season he's got one of the best disciplinary records in the League. But because he's unproven at this Level I reckon we could get him for about 3mill.

Jonaldiniho 88

15 goals in a season? From your title it sounds like he is a defender. If he is scoring 15 goals from defence at any level I'd have him.

Holders

Maybe we need a manager who's an ex-international defender who will really get a grip and drill this lot. I'm sure such a person would have such an understanding of what's required that the repeated glaring defensive errors of the past season could never have been allowed to take place.

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

westcliff white

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on May 08, 2015, 01:46:43 AM
15 goals in a season? From your title it sounds like he is a defender. If he is scoring 15 goals from defence at any level I'd have him.
Goals from free kicks and corners, think we need to deliver those a lot better if anyone were to score that many as a defender for us
Every day is a Fulham day

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: westcliff white on May 08, 2015, 08:25:59 AM
Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on May 08, 2015, 01:46:43 AM
Goals from free kicks and corners, think we need to deliver those a lot better if anyone were to score that many as a defender for us

I agree but if we could stop all the goals conceded from set plays and stick a few more in ourselves it could be worth quite a few points.

Craven Mad

What our defence needs is a bit more pace/experience and a leader to keep everyone in line.

Bod/Hutch aren't leaders (and they're slow). Burn is a leader, but has no positional discipline (and he's slow). Our fullbacks are rubbish;

We need a quicker/more experienced leader to play CB. Then it's a case of improving the quality of our fullbacks (Husband at LB would be an amazing start).

Aden Flint had a great season, he's also very disciplined and tall (197cm [Burn is 201cm]) so we that'd help with set-plays. I'd take him but not sure if Bristol'll let go of one of their most consistent performers..

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Craven Mad on May 08, 2015, 03:01:40 PM
What our defence needs is a bit more pace/experience and a leader to keep everyone in line.

Bod/Hutch aren't leaders (and they're slow). Burn is a leader, but has no positional discipline (and he's slow). Our fullbacks are rubbish;

We need a quicker/more experienced leader to play CB. Then it's a case of improving the quality of our fullbacks (Husband at LB would be an amazing start).

Aden Flint had a great season, he's also very disciplined and tall (197cm [Burn is 201cm]) so we that'd help with set-plays. I'd take him but not sure if Bristol'll let go of one of their most consistent performers..

I'd do 2.5mill + Matt Smith, It's not that I don't value Matt Smith- but especially if we are going to get someone like Emenike (which I doubt) Smith is replaceable. I'm going talk about it a lot more in my Blog (which I'm not going to post here, just because I don't want to be invasive) but I'd be after Husband with a Swap Deal for Nando & Tendayi Darikwa for Full-Backs as well as Flint

Arthur

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on May 08, 2015, 04:37:29 PM
I'd do 2.5mill + Matt Smith, It's not that I don't value Matt Smith- but especially if we are going to get someone like Emenike (which I doubt) Smith is replaceable. I'm going talk about it a lot more in my Blog (which I'm not going to post here, just because I don't want to be invasive) but I'd be after Husband with a Swap Deal for Nando & Tendayi Darikwa for Full-Backs as well as Flint

If we can prise Flint away from the Robins (which, I agree, would be a great addition to our squad), we should offer what it takes to get midfielder Luke Freeman as part of the deal. From what I've seen of the guy, he has a superb left-foot, can dribble well, picks a decent pass and delivers an excellent cross.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Arthur on May 08, 2015, 05:49:27 PM
Quote from: wheelerdeeler on May 08, 2015, 04:37:29 PM

If we can prise Flint away from the Robins (which, I agree, would be a great addition to our squad), we should offer what it takes to get midfielder Luke Freeman as part of the deal. From what I've seen of the guy, he has a superb left-foot, can dribble well, picks a decent pass and delivers an excellent cross.

I'd be all for it, but for me we need to build from the Back & Make pretty much a whole new defence a priority (as well as a new Manager)

Jonaldiniho 88

Why sell smith? I'm getting really confused as to how our most prolific striker per minute is an expendable player. It's shocking the disrespect our fans our showing him. Yes he is big and yes he is strong but don't blame him for the rest of the team hitting long balls at him. If kit is so against him why do we play that way? Ten other players on the pitch yet we blame smith for how they play when he is playing?

Riversider

No way whatsoever are Fulham in a position to take players away from Bristol City, not a chance ! Bristol will be looking for promotion next season , they are a big club with big plans, and financially dont need to sell their better players, especially to a club like us ,
If we play them at home first game of the season they will fill the Putney End,

My teams to watch next season, Bristol City and Sheff Wednesday.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on May 08, 2015, 09:51:54 PM
Why sell smith? I'm getting really confused as to how our most prolific striker per minute is an expendable player. It's shocking the disrespect our fans our showing him. Yes he is big and yes he is strong but don't blame him for the rest of the team hitting long balls at him. If kit is so against him why do we play that way? Ten other players on the pitch yet we blame smith for how they play when he is playing?

+1

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on May 08, 2015, 09:51:54 PM

I Never said "Sell Smith", I Simply said he is a type of player who is replaceable- and considering his Record when he was at City if we offered him & a Couple Mill for Flint they'd accept it.