watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham players shown the exit door by Kit Symons

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 08, 2015, 02:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Those staying in white got a fitness programme -  others told to find a new club

Fulham players no longer wanted were told to their face this week - although the club are hamstrung by any official announcement until July 1.

Contracts run out then, but manager Kit Symons admitted it was almost a case of 'ayes' to the right and 'nos' to the left after he got the entire squad in for a post-season briefing.

Those he wants to retain got a fitness programme through the summer - the others had a quite different interview.

"On Sunday all the boys come in," he said. "They got their programmes and what's expected of them close season so they come back in decent shape.

"Pre-season is massively important or you pay price January and February. I spoke to all of the squad, and yeah, I made them aware of our plans for next season."

On the danger list for an exit is Bryan Ruiz whose contract runs out, midfielder Adil Chihi, defender Kostas Stafylidis, Kay Voser, Gabor Kiraly, Richard Lee, Adam Taggart, Hugo Rodallega, Fernando Amorebieta, Kostas Mitroglou and Maarten Stekelenburg.

However, a fair number of the above are on deals that demand transfers or torn up contracts.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-players-shown-exit-door-9216169

Roberty

Another piece of accurate reporting that it a credit to our journalists?

Maybe not - Adam Taggart - Biography - from the official website

On Tuesday 24th June 2014, Fulham Football Club announced the signing of Adam Taggart on a three-year deal from Australia A-League side Newcastle Jets, for an undisclosed fee.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

westcliff white

It does say that some of those above are on deals that demand transfers or the contrcat be torn up, so Taggert (unlikely in my opinion) could be on the list.

Also indicates to me if Kit is doing this then he is here for the start of te season at the very least and none of these new manager rumours are true, otherwise the new man would do this, as surely he may have other ideas on who he wants and doesnt want.
Every day is a Fulham day

Roberty

We were already relegated when he signed so I doubt it too - he also spent the season injured so never played
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Wearethewhites

Quote from: westcliff white on May 08, 2015, 02:34:17 PM
It does say that some of those above are on deals that demand transfers or the contrcat be torn up, so Taggert (unlikely in my opinion) could be on the list.

Also indicates to me if Kit is doing this then he is here for the start of te season at the very least and none of these new manager rumours are true, otherwise the new man would do this, as surely he may have other ideas on who he wants and doesnt want.

Unless a deal has already been struck and Kit becomes his No.2

Craven Mad

I can't see us letting go of Taggart yet. He's only just back from injury; he's young; he's been scoring goals since coming back into the U21s; he showed a lot of promise in the run up to the WC; he can't be on massive wages.

I'm certain he'll get one more season to prove himself.

All the other names listed will surely be off if we can find a club to sell them to.

Mince n Tatties

Sporting Lisbon after Ruiz according to Sky Transfer News...

Oakeshott

IF there is going to be a change of manager before the start of next season, and certainly if it involves Sam A, it would surely be announced after the Premiership is over, ie very late May/first part of June. That would presumably give the new manager the chance to ask any of those listed as on their way out to stay if he felt they would fit in, and of course those whose contracts are up at the end of June the chance to decide if they fancied playing for the new manager or preferred to try their luck elsewhere.

I doubt one can read much into the managerial issue from this report. What may be more suggestive of a possible change of manager is that there has been no word from Khan thus far. If he was clear he wanted Kit to stay, and was aware through his advisers that the likes of Sam A and Warburton were being linked with the Club, one would think he might have said something to clear the air.

Northern Cottager

It sounds more and more likely that Kit will still be in charge.

Arthur

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on May 08, 2015, 02:14:26 PM
Fulham players no longer wanted were told to their face this week - although the club are hamstrung by any official announcement until July 1.

Can anyone explain why it is that Millwall can reveal the names of the players whom Neil Harris is releasing, but we cannot do similar for almost another two months?

Buffalo76

Quote from: Arthur on May 08, 2015, 05:57:56 PM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on May 08, 2015, 02:14:26 PM

Can anyone explain why it is that Millwall can reveal the names of the players whom Neil Harris is releasing, but we cannot do similar for almost another two months?

:plus one:

Andy S

All contracts expire on 30th June and until then they are all on the payroll. The club will then release the players they deem surplus on a free transfer. Others may be released on return for a transfer fee. May be Milwall do not have any players that would command a fee. What does it matter anyway as players are probably away on holiday now anyway

MJG

It's just a question of when you release the list of players. We usually do it before the end of may and with the last u21 game tonight and another u18 game tomorrow why release names before our season is over?
Just need to be a bit patient and the release and retained list will be out soon.
The players actually find out some time before the end of the contract because if you want to keep them you need to make an offer before a particular date. It's well known already that a good number of players are being released.

Arthur

Quote from: Andy S on May 08, 2015, 07:11:35 PM
All contracts expire on 30th June and until then they are all on the payroll. The club will then release the players they deem surplus on a free transfer. Others may be released on return for a transfer fee. May be Milwall do not have any players that would command a fee. What does it matter anyway as players are probably away on holiday now anyway

Thank you for your reply.

Indeed, none the list of players that Millwall are releasing will command a fee; I don't know that it could be otherwise. Nor am I expecting the Club to reveal a list of players whom it is willing to sell - only those whom we won't be retaining. (I do, however, take MJG's point that it would be somewhat improper to publish the list when there are still fixtures to be played that may involve some of those we are jettisoning.)

As for why it might matter for me to know, I would have thought that this was obvious: were the Club to announce that we have a home fixture on the opening day of next season, but that supporters would not be told whom our opponents are until the day of the game, I'm sure neither you nor I would be so deterred as to not want to attend. All the same, wouldn't you be interested to know beforehand? I would.

akf

BalDrick

Quote from: Northern Cottager on May 08, 2015, 04:58:57 PM
It sounds more and more likely that Kit will still be in charge.

Does doesn't it?

I'm probably clutching at straws - in fact I definitely am - but he may not be in charge per se, more a right hand man for the new guy (whoever he may be). I wouldn't be disappointed to see Kit still involved at some level in the club, but whether he'd take what is a demotion - no way of dressing it up hides that - is the unknown.

Quite why a new guy of the calibre we need would need Kit as a right hand man I do not know. Not like there was any project last season that, when it comes to fruition, will have been worth persevering with.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town