watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Strange Bobby Zamora interview on talksport from 7

Started by Jonaldiniho 88, May 08, 2015, 06:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonaldiniho 88

Don't get that guy. He is quoted saying if qpr go down they should do the right thing and sell Austin. Why say that. Let the powers that be deal with it. It's not for a player to talk him out the door.

JudgeBread

Tried really hard to like the guy...

Biggest shame is he scored one of my favourite Fulham goals

https://vimeo.com/43170860

dannyboi-ffc

Very good player for us and like JudgeBread I really tried to like him because he had the talent. Probably the best striker I've seen us have at holding up the ball and linking with the midfield. BUT what a strange man. I always thought he had something wrong with him because of the way he reacted to the crowd and moaned at the ref for every decision.

I heard the comment earlier on talksport, very random and pointless. He never seems to respect the club/ fans he is representing. Charlie Austin missed the penalty against west ham a fortnight ago which has basically cost QPR relegation. Obviously he has had a good year but Zamora comes across very arrogant and seems to lack a lot of intelligence. The timing of this is ridiculous. Its like when Defoe handed in a transfer request the day after west ham were relegated. Do players have no heart for what the fans feel?
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Jonaldiniho 88

I get the feeling he is really quick to hold a grudge and I don't think he can stand authority. Seems to get along with fellow players but no one who tells him what to do.
    Talking about "if" we get relegated before they are relegated is crazy and he should be fined by the club. What must the fans be thinking? Players trying to get their mate a move if/when they get relegated and it seems he has accepted the drop. If he was asked that question re: Austin it's so easily deflected with one of ten cliches.

Berserker

I kinda liked Bobby and was sad to see him go
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

bill taylors apprentice

A thoroughly unpleasant man who, if he didn't have a talent in a sport awash with money would be an even nastier piece of work.

Just my humble opinion!

colinwhite

He didnt do himself any favours did he ? Impossible to like even he was great player and hard worker for us . It was like he thought he was too good for Fulham and what did we know .
Nonetheless he probably had the best period of his career with us and maybe we are just oversensitive !
Good at Brighton , Flop at Spurs , reserve at west am and an England International at Fulham , Get it right up you Zamora !

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Berserker on May 08, 2015, 07:46:25 PM

I wanted to like him but it wasn't easy. I think you probably see the good in most people mrs B. I wish I could.

Bronaldinho

We turned Bobby Zamora into a top quality striker.

When he and John signed most people thought it was a waste of £4m. We proved them wrong.

Hodgson = Genius.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

bog

He is one of my favorite strikers we have ever had. I base this on the fact that in that Europa League run he was phenomenal. They just did not know how to play him. If he had been fully fit on the night of the final we would have won. One of my lasting memories of that fantastic night in Hamburg was of arriving at the ground and hearing the Bobby Zamora chant. I don't care if he has an attitude he did the job for us and it was that Dutch twit Jol who wound him up enough for he to want to leave.

092.gif   

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: bog on May 08, 2015, 08:18:38 PM
He is one of my favorite strikers we have ever had. I base this on the fact that in that Europa League run he was phenomenal. They just did not know how to play him. If he had been fully fit on the night of the final we would have won. One of my lasting memories of that fantastic night in Hamburg was of arriving at the ground and hearing the Bobby Zamora chant. I don't care if he has an attitude he did the job for us and it was that Dutch twit Jol who wound him up enough for he to want to leave.

092.gif   

I think jol got rid of him at spurs so when he came in bobby wanted out. I agree with your sentiment. I loved him at the time. We got him the england call up. He is by far the best hold up striker I have seen in the flesh with drogba. I just have never got the feeling he loves the fans or clubs he has played for.

Holders

Quote from: bog on May 08, 2015, 08:18:38 PM

092.gif   

Hear hear!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

simplyfulham

Quote from: Berserker on May 08, 2015, 07:46:25 PM

I'm with you!

He just didn't really care about being loved by the fans. Thought a lot of fans gave him undue stick in his first year. He played well but the goals just didn't materialise.

bobbo

I've heard a statement from him albeit about 4 years ago that he didn't actually like football and never ever watched it.just saw it as a good way to make a living.
I can't remember where it was stated though, but I def read it
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: bobbo on May 08, 2015, 10:33:28 PM
I've heard a statement from him albeit about 4 years ago that he didn't actually like football and never ever watched it.just saw it as a good way to make a living.

Its true he has no interest in Football , its just a job he stated.
I believe he once said when asked by a reporter about a certain game that he never
watches MOTD or any other football, found it boring apparently. ..

ron

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 08, 2015, 06:53:28 PM
Very good player for us and like JudgeBread I really tried to like him because he had the talent. Probably the best striker I've seen us have at holding up the ball and linking with the midfield. BUT what a strange man. I always thought he had something wrong with him because of the way he reacted to the crowd and moaned at the ref for every decision.

I heard the comment earlier on talksport, very random and pointless. He never seems to respect the club/ fans he is representing. Charlie Austin missed the penalty against west ham a fortnight ago which has basically cost QPR relegation. Obviously he has had a good year but Zamora comes across very arrogant and seems to lack a lot of intelligence. The timing of this is ridiculous. Its like when Defoe handed in a transfer request the day after west ham were relegated. Do players have no heart for what the fans feel?

What else does anyone need to know about him?

Sgt Fulham

Loved the guy during the Europa league and he will always have a special place for that but sometimes he was a bit of a nonse. We could do with a Zamora of 5 years ago right now...

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 08, 2015, 06:53:28 PM

Some of them clearly do not.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HatterDon

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 08, 2015, 10:40:44 PM

I believe he once said when asked by a reporter about a certain game that he never

I don't understand how you guys don't understand that. There are hundreds of professional athletes over here who have said the same thing. They don't watch the game when they've retired, they don't care about their old clubs apart from their old teammates and the supporters. It's fair to say that nobody enjoys the game more than someone who plays in a Sunday league with mates they really care about and has a pint or two afterwards. Nobody is blasting their failures or -- worse than that -- their perceived failures all over the Internet and nobody constantly analyzes their body language as if they had any psychological training. Just playing the game with mates, having a drink or two afterwards, and then limping home.

"For the amount of money they make, they shouldn't moan about anything."

Really? Let's say that you're 45 and doing the same job your grandad did. You're making about 10-12 times what he did. You're living in a centrally heated house with a color TV a computer, and a fridge full of Chardonnay, and a two year old car in your garage. Your grandad had none of these things. So, does this mean YOU have absolutely nothing to moan about?

Jeez. Don't make me come up here again.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: HatterDon on May 09, 2015, 05:43:06 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 08, 2015, 10:40:44 PM

I don't understand how you guys don't understand that. There are hundreds of professional athletes over here who have said the same thing. They don't watch the game when they've retired, they don't care about their old clubs apart from their old teammates and the supporters. It's fair to say that nobody enjoys the game more than someone who plays in a Sunday league with mates they really care about and has a pint or two afterwards. Nobody is blasting their failures or -- worse than that -- their perceived failures all over the Internet and nobody constantly analyzes their body language as if they had any psychological training. Just playing the game with mates, having a drink or two afterwards, and then limping home.

"For the amount of money they make, they shouldn't moan about anything."

Really? Let's say that you're 45 and doing the same job your grandad did. You're making about 10-12 times what he did. You're living in a centrally heated house with a color TV a computer, and a fridge full of Chardonnay, and a two year old car in your garage. Your grandad had none of these things. So, does this mean YOU have absolutely nothing to moan about?

Jeez. Don't make me come up here again.

Get down off your Pony Clint.
I do understand it, I was mearly pointing out what Bobby had said in an interview.
Ive worked in the Horse Racing Industry all my life but have barely ever watched it....