watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Khan Can't Catch a Break

Started by ToodlesMcToot, May 08, 2015, 10:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToodlesMcToot

Shahid Khan's brand new employee, and No.1 NFL draft pick, Dante Fowler is done for the season after being carted of the Jacksonville Jaguars practice field today with a torn ACL.....according to reports (ESPN) here.

I hope the kid comes thru it ok and can contribute to expectations in coming seasons.

Sorry Jacksonville. Sorry Mr. Khan.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Greek

I am sure his 4.5 billion dollar bank account will help him recover from this..

ToodlesMcToot

To be sure but, his bank account doesn't help the Jaguars in this instance. He's already got the money to buy and support sports teams. I bet he didn't buy them with the intent to lose however. Fowler's injury doesn't help his team begin winning.

Forever Fulham

I hope this isn't foreshadowing. 

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Jacksonville Jaguars defensive end Dante Fowler Jr., the third overall pick in the NFL draft, is likely out for the season after tearing a knee ligament during his first practice.

Fowler tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during rookie minicamp Friday. ESPN first reported the extent of the injury.

The injury looked serious live and appeared even worse in video replays. Tests revealed the extent of the injury.

The former Florida star's Fowler's knee buckled during an 11-on-11 drill as he engaged right tackle Watts Dantzler. Fowler dropped to the ground, grabbed his leg as he rolled from side to side and eventually got helped off the field. He was carted to the locker room.

Fowler was the first non-quarterback selected last week, taken by the Jaguars after quarterbacks Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota.

CincyFulham1

No worries, just slap some Stilton on it and he will be as good as new in a week or two.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Don't know how bad that injury is but there's 4 month until the NFL season start ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

snarks

It's an ACL tear so that's an operation and a usual 9 month recovery. That's really hard on the jags and the player.

ToodlesMcToot

Pretty sure that they've said he'll be sitting out the season.

YankeeJim

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: snarks on May 09, 2015, 04:59:50 PM
It's an ACL tear so that's an operation and a usual 9 month recovery. That's really hard on the jags and the player.

That means he won't be playing until September 1916, that's a shame for him and the team
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

cmg

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on May 09, 2015, 08:22:58 PM

That means he won't be playing until September 1916, that's a shame for him and the team

....but at least he'll miss the opening weeks of the Battle of the Somme.