watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our role model

Started by Andy S, May 09, 2015, 12:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Watford had four managers last season Beppe Sannino, Oscar Garcia, Billy McKinlay and Slavisa Jokanovic. They were still promoted. None of these guys had Championship experience. So does it really matter who the manager is or are the coaching staff more important and is it about the set up behind the scenes

HatterDon

That was our problem this season; we had only two.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

Have I mentioned we had a poor squad. No manager can make a team out of very little. Any manager can make a team out of a lot.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Northern Cottager

They had some serious quality especially going forward.

bill taylors apprentice

All this talk about a manager must have experience and know the league etc is b@ll@ks !

What you need is a manager who is committed, tactically astute, has done his homework and is good at his job. Is a strong character (not just full of his own importance) and has the full backing of everyone at the club.

A bit of luck would be handy as well, only then do you have a chance of promotion!   

Forever Fulham

Hmmm.  With respect to Kit, did any one of Watford's revolving door of managers have zero adult first team experience?  And as to the relative poverty of talent issue, you will recall how the press was generally surprised at our rapid descent during the season given what they believed was a roster with quality. 

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 09, 2015, 02:33:07 PM
Have I mentioned we had a poor squad. No manager can make a team out of very little. Any manager can make a team out of a lot.

Do we have a worse squad than Ipswich?

Andy S

And what did micky Adams have all those years ago

@jolslover

Oscar Garcia had a year at Brighton before. Hes someone I would love at Fulham. If not I would love to see us put faith in someone foreign, Someone outside the box
STH H3

fulhamben

Quote from: Andy S on May 09, 2015, 06:23:20 PM
And what did micky Adams have all those years ago
ability, footballing brain, commitment. I could go on, but we already know
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

WestCountryWhite

Our squad on paper is no worse then Brentfords or Ipswich I'd even hazard a guess that our squad has more international caps then their two squads combined.

Warburton and Mccarthy managed to turn both in to playoff teams

Lighthouse

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on May 09, 2015, 05:32:13 PM

Do we have a worse squad than Ipswich?

Yes by far, I can think of one player we have that would go into the Ipswich side.

Lighthouse

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on May 09, 2015, 08:05:06 PM

Our squad on paper is no worse then Brentfords or Ipswich I'd even hazard a guess that our squad has more international caps then their two squads combined.

Well this is rubbish and I think you know it is. Just because we have players who played a few times for their country doesn't mean we have a good squad. Zat Knight is an England International. If only we could see him play for us again.

WestCountryWhite

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 09, 2015, 08:52:30 PM

Well this is rubbish and I think you know it is. Just because we have players who played a few times for their country doesn't mean we have a good squad. Zat Knight is an England International. If only we could see him play for us again.

I think we have plenty of players who have played lots of times for their country and thankfully none of them are Zat knight although a couple come close

Sorry but I think you constantly saying the squad is rubbish is indeed rubbish

In Mccormack Ruiz and parker you have players that are better on paper (which is what we are doing comparing squads) then any options Ipswich or Brentford have.

Our squad is far from perfect but there are plenty worse who finished above us in this league

Lighthouse

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on May 09, 2015, 08:58:48 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on May 09, 2015, 08:52:30 PM

I think we have plenty of players who have played lots of times for their country and thankfully none of them are Zat knight although a couple come close

Sorry but I think you constantly saying the squad is rubbish is indeed rubbish

In Mccormack Ruiz and parker you have players that are better on paper (which is what we are doing comparing squads) then any options Ipswich or Brentford have.

Our squad is far from perfect but there are plenty worse who finished above us in this league

So in Parker and Ruiz you have picked two players who have been so vilified by many on here as to make them have a season ticket for the Samaritans. Ross I don't think anybody would argue with.

We had no pace in the side, no wide players at all other than a light weight school boy. We had no full backs who could defend. Grimmer began to improve but was still pretty rocky. No more than a few players had ever played together before the season began and only a few ever had experience in the league and many no experience of football in England. Most of our better players were those Symons brought in on loan.

Why this is still an argument I don't understand. Are we really supposed to believe these highly skilled professionals were so good yet unable to do anything but roam about in an undisciplined way on the pitch. That they couldn't pass the ball or defend set pieces. All because we had a poor manager?

" I am a superb athlete and great but am thrown into confusion by the poor managers I work under all season". Doesn't really ring true does it?

WestCountryWhite

It's not an argument your the rude one who called my opinion rubbish. There's no point discussing it with you cause your toys are all over the floor.

Lighthouse

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on May 09, 2015, 09:20:37 PM
It's not an argument your the rude one who called my opinion rubbish. There's no point discussing it with you cause your toys are all over the floor.

Quite right. You act outraged. Retire gracefully swooning at the term 'rubbish'.

WestCountryWhite

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 09, 2015, 09:53:42 PM
Quote from: WestCountryWhite on May 09, 2015, 09:20:37 PM

Quite right. You act outraged. Retire gracefully swooning at the term 'rubbish'.

Oh dear  093.gif

Scrumpy

For what it's worth, I agree with LH regarding the squad. Plenty of people seem to think our squad is better than most in the Division. I cannot think why!

I believe we started the season with 1 player (McCormack?) who had experience of the Division. From what I've seen of opposition players this season (40+ games) I often struggled to think of any of our team that would get into their team. Felix really did make some very, very poor signings.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.