more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - So, where are you going

Started by H4usuallysitting, May 10, 2015, 08:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

Quote from: The Equalizer on May 11, 2015, 10:42:43 AM
I've been for a week in Verbier so far this year, and was planning on doing a trip to Ibiza again in Summer and a big Aussie trip at the end of the year, but the imminent arrival of The Equalizer Jr has nipped that in the bud. We're now planning a trip to Thailand next April for a friend's wedding, plus I've got a few days travelling around the country booked, starting with Bristol this weekend for clay pigeon shooting with assault rifles.

Love Ibiza, went there for the first time a couple of years ago, i could have stayed.

Airfix

Two weeks in the Loire in the drop-top at the end of this month.  Chateaux-ing and wine-ing!  Can't wait.

Will probably fit in a long weekend in Lyme Regis towards the end of the summer too.

kevin

Portugal...Algarve .in land about 5 miles in a private villa with pool and sat TV for kids
looking forward to it

The Equalizer

Quote from: nose on May 11, 2015, 11:55:48 AM
I've been for a week in Verbier so far this year, and was planning on doing a trip to Ibiza again in Summer and a big Aussie trip at the end of the year, but the imminent arrival of The Equalizer Jr has nipped that in the bud. We're now planning a trip to Thailand next April for a friend's wedding, plus I've got a few days travelling around the country booked, starting with Bristol this weekend for clay pigeon shooting with assault rifles.

Love Ibiza, went there for the first time a couple of years ago, i could have stayed.

I went there for the first time last summer. I wish I'd gone 20 years ago when I was young enough to do something about it!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

leonffc

Off to Norfolk on my Todd for a couple of days with my mountain bike at the end of May, and then the family are joining me for the weekend for my birthday.

Menorca in August, in an apt for the best part and then a couple of days in the capital Mahon to finish off.

Hopefully back to Córdoba for a short break in Oct but that's down to how much I spend in Menorca!!

Logicalman

No vacation for us this year, moving house in the Summer.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

blingo

nose

Quote from: The Equalizer on May 11, 2015, 12:35:01 PM

I went there for the first time last summer. I wish I'd gone 20 years ago when I was young enough to do something about it!

I loved it, i really loved it (sounds like KK)
we stayed very close to ibiza town, loved the vibe, everybody up for a good time. Liked the whole island, very pretty and the people welcoming. it's not all about mega clubs although we enjoyed pacha the night we went. there are many other places that are a great night out.
We were also there for a saints day and they sent up a vast quantity of spectacular fireworks.

Glad its not just us that enjoyed the place.

leonffc

Quote from: nose on May 11, 2015, 03:28:17 PM
Quote from: The Equalizer on May 11, 2015, 12:35:01 PM

I loved it, i really loved it (sounds like KK)
we stayed very close to ibiza town, loved the vibe, everybody up for a good time. Liked the whole island, very pretty and the people welcoming. it's not all about mega clubs although we enjoyed pacha the night we went. there are many other places that are a great night out.
We were also there for a saints day and they sent up a vast quantity of spectacular fireworks.

Glad its not just us that enjoyed the place.

Love Ibiza, the whole island offers something different. Away from the obvious San An, Es Cana and Santa Eulalia are really nice towns and Portinax is nice and quiet (did some mountain biking around there - lovely scenery). And Ibiza Town is quality, I always try and get there if I am on Ibiza.
I stayed in Cala N'Bosch last May for my 40th and it was OK, not brilliant but a good OK. Great for the proximity of Ibiza Town and the airport if you're on a short break as I was. Phil Bardsley rocked up in my (cheapish) hotel on his 30+ strong stag do including Frazer Campbell, Lee Catermole, Danny Simpson, Titus Bramble and Alex Bruce. For a mob of 30 odd blokes they were a good bunch and didn't play up at all - a bit of noise but hey, a stag do in Ibiza!!

cheerupjimmyhill

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on May 10, 2015, 11:53:08 PM
Quote from: cheerupjimmyhill on May 10, 2015, 11:15:36 PM
Very varied destinations being visited.

On my bucket list to go to the Christmas test in Oz.

Removing one from my / our bucket list when I go to new York with the wife and daughter in two weeks time. Hoping to go to Spain for a week later in the year.

Bit lucky that or unlucky some might think we have a family caravan in Selsey. We go down there quite a few weekends, it's good to be away from the hustle and relax in an alright place. Plus always loved a caravan break since being a kid

Should sees in NY

St Patricks Cathedral (I'm not religious but it was awesome)
China Town
Coney Island (the tackiest resort in the world) it's a train ride but worth it
Greenwich Village
Empire State (if you don't mind heights)
Ferry to Statue of Liberty (mainly to see the harbor and stuff)
"Ground Zero"
Central Park (of course)

Cheers

Someone told me to forget empire state but go up rockerfellas as no queues and also you then get to see the empire state from viewing point as well.

Good idea?

bobbo

Going to New England for autum , having a 10 day drive around with a couple of buddies
1975 just leaving home full of hope

H4usuallysitting

If you get to Boston - try the Felt Bar

HV71

3 weeks on a cruise taking in Copenhagen,Kiel,  Tallinn , St Petersburg , Helsinki, Stockholm, Oslo, Kristiansund, Stavanger Flam & Gothenburg Never been on a cruise but love Scandinavia.

bobbo

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 11, 2015, 10:31:36 PM
If you get to Boston - try the Felt Bar
Been to Boston lots of times but never to the felt bar, I don't usually stay in the city it's very expensive.i usually stop on Braintree or Burlington. So where's the felt bar ???
1975 just leaving home full of hope

H4usuallysitting

Just had a look on Google...its been shut down....was on Washington Street....it was 3 floors of mayhem

Cravenawin

Tenerife for 10 days next Tuesday, then Myrtle Beach in South Carolina for three weeks in October. Just be my luck to get the Ha Ha's or Brentford during that time, but hey ho, that's life

love4ffc

Going to the Florida gulf coast for fishing at end of the month.  Heading to Virginia sometime at the end of June.  Will drop you a line Roger soon about that.  A couple of trips possible with the wife through her work but they seems to always change and of course hopefully a nice holiday to the Cottage in the fall. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

David Allen Crankshaw

A Rhine cruise starting in a couple of days. Then home for a couple of days before five days in Prague. A walking holiday in Austria in June and back home for Wimbledon on the telly. In July another couple of weeks in Austria before arriving home a week before the season starts. I don't want to miss any matches.

Sammyffc

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on May 10, 2015, 12:22:03 PM
Going to oz for a year then country hopping my way back through SE Asia. Then I have to take life seriously.

Dude I'm thinking of going aus soon after Korea!