https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - So, where are you going

Started by H4usuallysitting, May 10, 2015, 08:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillingdonFFC

Cape Town in December for the cricket

Jonnoj

Now that Moores is gone that might be fun cricket wise.
For sure it will be a great trip as CT is one of the most brilliant places I've ever visited.

Burt

Kefalonia for the first two weeks in August and looking at another east coast US jaunt during October half term although have yet to book that one.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Burt on May 10, 2015, 03:39:01 PM
Kefalonia for the first two weeks in August and looking at another east coast US jaunt during October half term although have yet to book that one.

Being an 'east coast US" English person, let me know if you need any suggestions.  Loads of different stuff
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

nose

BestOfBrede

Went Muaritius in Feb, going Kefalonia in Sept and Maldives (our favourite) next Feb.
Bring it on!

King_Crud

Got back from Barbados this week, watched the England test as well as played a game with my social team. Parents are here from Australia in 2 weeks so we're going to the Isle of White for a week. Then going to the Le  Mans 24 Hours in June for 5 days. And then a week with the girlfriend in August in the New Forest. Finishing with 6 days in Austria & Slovenia in September on a cricket tour.

Riversider

Was due to fly out to Australia next weekend, but an injury that has kept me off work for a month has scuppered it (Gutted

mrmicawbers

Castro Urdiales in Spain end of July.Can't wait to eat some of their Tortillas,Olives,Tapas and a drink or two.

H4usuallysitting

Ayia Napa - having it large like........Florida - having a tour around

Mokes

Istanbul, Greek Isles, Florence, Barcelona, New York and Cuba

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Mokes on May 10, 2015, 09:33:17 PM
Istanbul, Greek Isles, Florence, Barcelona, New York and Cuba

Can you get me a job with you ?

spikey norman

Went to. Lisbon a few weeks ago and going to a small fishing village called Sutivan on the island of Brac in Croatia this summer - been many times and really beautiful.
Hoping to go to Vienna (anyone been there?) in October but saving up to go next year  (for the first time ever) on a trip to San Francisco,Los,Angeles and Las Vegas.Will be posting for advice nearer the time.

Artful Dodger

Sardinia but not until first week of September....
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

cheerupjimmyhill

Very varied destinations being visited.

On my bucket list to go to the Christmas test in Oz.

Removing one from my / our bucket list when I go to new York with the wife and daughter in two weeks time. Hoping to go to Spain for a week later in the year.

Bit lucky that or unlucky some might think we have a family caravan in Selsey. We go down there quite a few weekends, it's good to be away from the hustle and relax in an alright place. Plus always loved a caravan break since being a kid

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: cheerupjimmyhill on May 10, 2015, 11:15:36 PM

Removing one from my / our bucket list when I go to new York with the wife and daughter in two weeks time. Hoping to go to Spain for a week later in the year.

Bit lucky that or unlucky some might think we have a family caravan in Selsey. We go down there quite a few weekends, it's good to be away from the hustle and relax in an alright place. Plus always loved a caravan break since being a kid

Should sees in NY

St Patricks Cathedral (I'm not religious but it was awesome)
China Town
Coney Island (the tackiest resort in the world) it's a train ride but worth it
Greenwich Village
Empire State (if you don't mind heights)
Ferry to Statue of Liberty (mainly to see the harbor and stuff)
"Ground Zero"
Central Park (of course)

Huxley

Just back from a long weekend in Barcelona. Sun, beach, tapas, Camp Nou, F1. Magic weekend. Got the nose bleed seats at the Barca vs real sociedad. Really quiet crows, hardly any chanting, just lots of polite claps. Pedro scored a stunning bicycle kit, and all the big guns played  messi, neymar, Xavi, iniestas, suarez, pique. Def recommend a part of town called Garcia, near Fontana metro and staying in a airbnb place. A bit hipster, but a friendly local area.

westcliff white

Guernsey / Jersey for 10 days, Egypt (Hurghada) for 2 weeks, and finally 3 nights in Brussels
Every day is a Fulham day

The Equalizer

I've been for a week in Verbier so far this year, and was planning on doing a trip to Ibiza again in Summer and a big Aussie trip at the end of the year, but the imminent arrival of The Equalizer Jr has nipped that in the bud. We're now planning a trip to Thailand next April for a friend's wedding, plus I've got a few days travelling around the country booked, starting with Bristol this weekend for clay pigeon shooting with assault rifles.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

nose

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on May 10, 2015, 11:53:08 PM
Quote from: cheerupjimmyhill on May 10, 2015, 11:15:36 PM

Should sees in NY

St Patricks Cathedral (I'm not religious but it was awesome)
China Town
Coney Island (the tackiest resort in the world) it's a train ride but worth it
Greenwich Village
Empire State (if you don't mind heights)
Ferry to Statue of Liberty (mainly to see the harbor and stuff)
"Ground Zero"
Central Park (of course)

I don't like heights but coped with the empire state.. it is a very solid wall and quite high so no illusion of falling
Also to see in New York and i highly recommend is the Tenement Museum, a fascinating look at how the conditions actually were.... not a museum with artifacts but a reconstruction of real dwellings dating back.
ALSO...we went to Staten island  what a very interesting day that was, just because of the contrast with Manhattan. If you are pressed for time this one isn't essential but it is an iconic journey.