https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Should we replace Parker?

Started by blingo, May 10, 2015, 08:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarks

Quote from: Whitesideup on May 10, 2015, 10:52:34 PM
Quote from: SouthIslandWhite on May 10, 2015, 07:03:37 PM
Player-Coach and half time substitute for one more season then off the books.

Following year, maybe an assistant coach but he will probably end up in Seattle or someplace trying to play for another year or two.

Great player, but the sun is setting.
Great player??? When???  I know I have said this before, but Parker played against us many times ..and on each occasion I was always pleased to see his name on the opposing team sheet. He never impressed and against Murphy he was always easily second best. He is one of the most over-rated players of recent times. That does not mean he doesn't have the occasional good game, but even that isn't exactly that special. This season he has shown comprehensively that he is barely up to Championship standard. If we want to improve on our league position, he will not be doing that much to get us there. But his two or three million pounds per year means he will be going absolutely nowhere, and who can blame him? He has been a totally disastrous signing, a total waste of money. 

Ahh well rose tinted glasses for murphey and dark one's for Parker.

He was a great player, and still has something to offer, I'm not sure it's 90 mins per week, but he gets stuck in every week. Never shirks a takle, doesn't hide when he's not playing well, and his professionalism is a great lesson to the younger players.

If you don't see any of that, well you don't but to say that someone who has represented his country at every level from schoolboys to senior side, was over rated is frankly laughable.

St Eve

Tries hard but time to move on

McBride78

I think he adds value to a midfield that will likely be playing a lot of youth.  Is he a world beater, no.  Do we have a ton of better options lined up, if we are honest, no.  We have options that have potential, but no proven starts to anchor the midfield.  Deal him only if we bring in substantial talent and need the wages freed up. 

grandad

Bit of a Danny Murphy situation. He can´t do a full season as 1st choice but we would be mad to let him go. If he went he would probably end up with the Hahas or Brentford. So I say keep him & use his experience.
Where there's a will there's a wife

St Eve

I don't think either one could afford his salary. Maybe Waford or Bournemouth will  take him

blingo

He is no longer food enough for the premiership