Should we replace Parker?

Started by blingo, May 10, 2015, 08:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

Too old for my liking now. It's time he was sold to Juventus.  :005:

alfie

Quote from: blingo on May 10, 2015, 08:49:14 AM
Too old for my liking now. It's time he was sold to Juventus.  :005:

Replace him yes, but keep him around, he can teach the youngsters a thing or two
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

bog

Am I alone thinking he is management material? Mind you I thought Kit was....

092.gif

robert

I'm sorry but I really fail to see how he can teach youngsters anything given his credentials with us-Relegation from the premiership and last season captain of a laughable team and an even more laughable defence.Keep him and in any role and we will quickly become a bigger joke than we are now so at best I can only agree to disagree with Parker lovers!!!

J.Perkins

Quote from: robert on May 10, 2015, 09:39:10 AM
I'm sorry but I really fail to see how he can teach youngsters anything given his credentials with us-Relegation from the premiership and last season captain of a laughable team and an even more laughable defence.Keep him and in any role and we will quickly become a bigger joke than we are now so at best I can only agree to disagree with Parker lovers!!!

So your saying he's forgot about his experiences with Chelsea, West Ham (where he was the sole reason they stayed up) and his England career, with spell as captain. Must be terrible to have round the squad.

colinwhite

We need to get a proper def midfielder but should keep Scott even if he is not an automatic starter .

FulhamStu

Quote from: colinwhite on May 10, 2015, 10:23:10 AM
We need to get a proper def midfielder but should keep Scott even if he is not an automatic starter .
This is spot on, plus we could do with losing Parkers wages, which would probably allow us 3 additional championship players.

Bronaldinho

Quote from: bog on May 10, 2015, 09:26:09 AM

092.gif

Will be a great coach.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

H4usuallysitting

Regrettably another that we have to get off the wage bill

Jonnoj

I thought West Ham went down with him not stayed up.
FWIW I think he's a strangely negative influence on clubs. He's captained two delegations and also our dismal lot this year. He also adds very little value in a lot of games. I don't think we know where he's best, defensive mid, don't think so or attacking mid, too old?

Roberty

Quote from: bog on May 10, 2015, 09:26:09 AM

092.gif

I most sincerely hope you were right

It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

WestCountryWhite

Believe me or not my mate sent me a picture of him and Scotty at a resort in Barbados this week and he said he's going nowhere.

Mince n Tatties

"Bill n Ben" are alive and living in a Garden in Highgate....

bill taylors apprentice

Big fat YES !!!
He wont be leaving, why would he on the contract he has.
Maybe he can bring something to the team in an off the field capacity but we need a player from somewhere who is good enough to keep him out of the team on a regular basis.

Robbie

Player - Coach.  But no one can believe that he has 46 x 90 minutes in his legs now?

Bill2

To be fair at his age and only a year on his contract I doubt if he will be going anywhere, not sure anyone will want to pay the sort of money we currently do, so why should he go somewhere for a pay cut. As was very evident at the tail end of this season he struggles with two full games each week, so yes we need to replace him as captain with someone who will be available, but I think him staying and playing for us still gives us a level of quality which we would be hard pressed to find elsewhere.

Burt

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on May 10, 2015, 11:44:25 AM
Believe me or not my mate sent me a picture of him and Scotty at a resort in Barbados this week and he said he's going nowhere.

What - he's staying in Barbados?  :005: :Get Coat gif:

SouthIslandWhite

Player-Coach and half time substitute for one more season then off the books.

Following year, maybe an assistant coach but he will probably end up in Seattle or someplace trying to play for another year or two.

Great player, but the sun is setting.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

Whitesideup

Quote from: SouthIslandWhite on May 10, 2015, 07:03:37 PM
Player-Coach and half time substitute for one more season then off the books.

Following year, maybe an assistant coach but he will probably end up in Seattle or someplace trying to play for another year or two.

Great player, but the sun is setting.
Great player??? When???  I know I have said this before, but Parker played against us many times ..and on each occasion I was always pleased to see his name on the opposing team sheet. He never impressed and against Murphy he was always easily second best. He is one of the most over-rated players of recent times. That does not mean he doesn't have the occasional good game, but even that isn't exactly that special. This season he has shown comprehensively that he is barely up to Championship standard. If we want to improve on our league position, he will not be doing that much to get us there. But his two or three million pounds per year means he will be going absolutely nowhere, and who can blame him? He has been a totally disastrous signing, a total waste of money. 

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Personally, I want him to get off the turntable he seems to be stuck on.

"Spin my right round baby right round......"
Everything is difficult before it's easy!