watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A promotion team needs pace...

Started by JackyFulham90, May 13, 2015, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

We didn't have much of that last season that's for sure.
Was talking to someone at work, it got on to name my Fulham team that being realistic could get us up, this was mine

Marcus Bettenelli

Matthew Lowton
Curtis Davies
Dan Burn
Armand Traore

George Williams
Liam Bridcutt
Lasse Vigen Christensen
Matt Jarvis

Ross McCormack
Lewis Graaban

Just think we need more pace in wide areas to play with some width, maybe my team isn't good enough to mount a promotion challenge but if we do want to improve next season we need to add more pace to our side.

Bronaldinho

I'll give you credit for some of the names you have mentioned and being ambitious, but realistically they are probably out of our league.

Davies is basically captain for Hull and is key to their future. Lowton has had a resurgence under Tim Sherwood so he'll be staying at Villa, with Matt Jarvis wages through the roof (£70,000 I heard he was getting paid, criminal). As for traore, I don't think he's that great, Husband would be better at left back.

Grabban, could be an interesting one but probably would cost a few million. Do like the suggestions, but may be out of our league.

Some prem players who haven't featured all season may be tempted to drop down; Snodgrass etc.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

westcliff white

snodgrass has only not played for Hull due to a serious knee injury picked up in the first few games.
Every day is a Fulham day

@jolslover

Liam Bridcutt good player would love him
STH H3

snarks

If George recovers from his knee injury next season (and I think realistically it could be the season after) he could make more of a contribution. I really hope Pat Roberts steps up next year too.

westcliff white

Bridcutt first choice at Sunderland no chance of him, although would be a good signing
Every day is a Fulham day

Domino 1879

Burn and pace???
Mutually exclusive imo

Riversider

Quote from: westcliff white on May 13, 2015, 09:48:58 AM
snodgrass has only not played for Hull due to a serious knee injury picked up in the first few games.
The horrible injury to Snodgrass is one of the main reasons that Hull are going down, he was a big loss to them.

ffc73

I do not disagree with the heading but I do not think that Ross has that attribute and, out on a limb here, that could be one of the people (amongst about another 8 or 9 or 10, that needs to be replaced for us to have a promotion team

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: FFC73 on May 13, 2015, 09:26:13 PM
I do not disagree with the heading but I do not think that Ross has that attribute and, out on a limb here, that could be one of the people (amongst about another 8 or 9 or 10, that needs to be replaced for us to have a promotion team

If Derby or Norwich had had McCormack this season I think they would have won the league. Nothing more than an opinion obviously, but I certainly don't think we need to replace McCormack if we want to take promotion seriously.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: FFC73 on May 13, 2015, 09:26:13 PM

Really  ?
What an odd posting, but I'll reserve judgment until I see by how big a margin he wins the Player Of the Season.
I assume you are expecting everyone to have pace which is impossible because they'd all be running around like headless chickens on amphetamines.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

ffc73

I voted for Ross as Player of the Season but I do not see any correlation between him being our best player last season and having pace. Or for being the man to spearhead a promotion challenging front line. My opinion I know, I don't think Ross would have been a starter for this seasons promoted sides. Their front men stretched defences, worked across the front line and ran in behind defences. I did not see Ross doing that.

Of course that may be because he was not asked to do so and also does not mean he is not right for us next season if used as a striker with pace around him and not as a winger or dropping deep to take the ball off our own centre backs.

J.Perkins

Quote from: Bronaldinho on May 13, 2015, 09:41:32 AM
I'll give you credit for some of the names you have mentioned and being ambitious, but realistically they are probably out of our league.

Davies is basically captain for Hull and is key to their future. Lowton has had a resurgence under Tim Sherwood so he'll be staying at Villa, with Matt Jarvis wages through the roof (£70,000 I heard he was getting paid, criminal). As for traore, I don't think he's that great, Husband would be better at left back.

Grabban, could be an interesting one but probably would cost a few million. Do like the suggestions, but may be out of our league.

Some prem players who haven't featured all season may be tempted to drop down; Snodgrass etc.

You clearly don't watch Villa then. Bacuna is the starting RB, and Richardson occupies the LB spot. He hasn't played for over a month.