Main Menu

The Kit stay thread

Started by BedsFFC, May 14, 2015, 10:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 14, 2015, 09:05:46 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on May 14, 2015, 07:11:44 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on May 14, 2015, 05:06:06 PM
The Kit Stay thread has been hijacked I see.

Not content to let the few sane, normal people play in the sandbox, the bullies from the 'We need more threads to agree on' have come and kicked sand everywhere.

. . . because you afforded them the same privilege by staying out of the 'I want a new manager' thread they are returning the compliment I would guess.

Well as you clearly remember my posts in support of Kit on the multi anti Kit threads. It proves how few pro Kit opinions there are. Shame that just one pro Symons thread could not have been left to run without the multi antis having a say. There is just one of me that can be accused of giving the same opinion and being boring. But an awful lot those holding the other opinion. But I am flattered you remember my posts so well.

You are flattering yourself and miss the point.

I took 2 seconds to look up the threads of your recent posts.

And I did so because I could smell the hypocrisy of you wanting the anti-Kits out of this pro-Kit thread when you were a keen poster in the anti-Kit threads.

Scrumpy

I agree with much that Beds says. I definitely want to see Kit given more time. I saw enough in his early days to see that his preferred way of playing certainly fits with the 'Fulham way' and I happen to think that the injuries to LVC and Ruiz around December were critical. If he'd had just a couple of other players of that calibre in the squad, then I don't think the dip in form would have happened.

In many ways, Kit is the 'safe' option after 2 years of rubbish. If he gets off to a slow start then I guess he will be replaced around Christmas but I am sure he is competent enough to have built a good, cohesive squad in the summer. So any new Manager coming in will have a much more balanced  and championship-ready squad compared to the car crash that Kit inherited. The only way next season could end in relegation is if we appoint a new, wrong Manager this summer who proceeds to dismantle the team and try to build his own new one. If that went wrong, then I could see us following Wigan down another level. So let's not take that risk.

Finally, it struck me last season how so many of the Managers that were considered alongside Kit have not exactly set the world alight. Chris Hughton, Malkey McKay, Steve Clarke - they've hardly done better than Kit (despite taking over more balanced squads) and yet they will be given more time because they have 'experience'.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 14, 2015, 08:13:51 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on May 14, 2015, 06:25:32 PM
We are the 20% WE ARE THE 20 PERCENT!

It's 5% and reducing,

But who cares? You should be pleased that you are in the majority.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 14, 2015, 11:41:40 PM

It's 5% and reducing,

But who cares? You should be pleased that you are in the majority.

But in a different thread you said something along the lines of "it sounds like all the election losers whining". But by that account the kit out have won the election but he stays anyway.

I really like the OP and see sense in it. I'm not going to criticise kit on a positive thread although not enthused about him staying. Good luck to whoever.

HatterDon

It's 5% and reducing,

looking at your lap again, I assume
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Ged

I am quite happy for Kit to be given a chance to see if he can build his own successful team
He came in a did the job that was asked of him and to sack him now would be quite cruel
The problem we all have is we don't know if he is capable of achieving success next season but I know without doubt that he will give everything
I cannot say the same for some of the names mentioned like big Sam or Rednap who might just see the Fulham job as an easy way to make some money before they retire

Wolf

It's 5% and reducing,

It's increasing as people temporarily forget how awful much of the managerial decision making  was, and get a bit sentimental again.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

snarks

As the pro Kit people post on the anti Kit threads, it's only democratic to allow them  (the AK's) to have their say on a pro Kit thread.

However as they are all wrong who cares anyway*

*not a serious comment

rubbernecca

Mark Warburton

JDH101

102 games for the club. Does that make you a legend?

Morgs had over 300 appearances. Gary Brazil 214.

I find it funny that people refer to him as a club legend.

BedsFFC

It was my original post and I wouldn't normally feel the need to feel vindicated, of which I am certainly not right now.

But I do feel that I am on my way and after months of "the world is crap" threads, I kinda felt the need to just pull together the silent majority..

Kit Symons Black and White Army......repeat to fade

HatterDon

So, does this mean all the other threads are "Kit must go" threads?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RaySmith

Quote from: BedsFFC on May 14, 2015, 10:11:39 AM
Looking at TFI at the continual kit out threads and now depressingly on here, I just wanted to start an alternative thread for the less vocal group that have another view.

I'm quite busy, so I will be quick. My reasons are the following:

Fans are quite romantic and getting "one of our own" is a rare pleasure.

Kit is a Fulham fan and Fulham legend. He loves the club. As such, in my mind, he deserves a real crack. If he can turn this club around, our pleasure will be increased knowing the man at the top feels the way we do.

People develop into roles

I've seen people grow into jobs and roles. I just don't like this hire and fire culture. He's made mistakes. The key is how he learns. I'd much rather be a club that showed faith in the medium term. We are a club that needs rebuilding from the bottom up.

Years of decline

I watched games last season and thought this is what you get from years of awful management, bad decisions and lack of investment. I didn't think, this is all Kit's fault. Christ, yes he made mistakes. To be fair to the guy, he's been pretty candid about the style etc since the season finished.

Lets see his team

I will hold judgement till the end of next season. I want to see him given the time and investment to build his team and develop the youngsters. His teams did play good football at youth level. Again, I'm in a minority (possibly) but I'm excited about a fresh squad.

Alternatives

Big Sam, Mick McCarthy etc. Just fill me with dread. We need someone to build the whole club. 6 teams at the top of the championship. 5 young managers.

Now, I could be wrong but I get a feeling I won't be.

This quick to critisize way with many of our fans just annoys me, the Daily Mail mentality of writing "Annoyed from Purley" letters to anyone that will listen is quite embarrassing.

I know that most people that post will wax lyrical about how deluded I am. I don't feel deluded. I actually feel quite refreshed that the last 3 years can be put to bed. In many ways, I now see this as Khans real start. His manager, his players & his club. Well, actually, no. Our club.

I think you are being harsh on Kit re last season -when he came in with only 1 point after 8 games on the board, taking over a team that had been completely wiped of experience, and based on our previous youth squad, with a few journeymen with little Championship experience thrown in -

and he  led us to eventually finish in a fairly respectable position, by playing at times the type of football that was necessary to get results, and with the players at his disposal.

So I don't get the Kit bashing, and think he is a promising young manager who we are lucky to have.

The likes of Big Sam would want money to buy in more experienced pro's, and wouldn't have much interest in developing our youth, unlike Kit who has been responsible for bringing our youth on from the start, and Sam would also likely play in a style that fans didn't like.

Skatzoffc

I don't rate KS tbh and have said so before.

That being said I'm willing to give him a chance.
He has a new team of players due to the signings so far. So we shall see what happens.

One thing is for certain. If he fails after building his own squad, he will have no-where to hide.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Twig

Quote from: Skatzoffc on July 08, 2015, 12:57:16 PM
I don't rate KS tbh and have said so before.

That being said I'm willing to give him a chance.
He has a new team of players due to the signings so far. So we shall see what happens.

One thing is for certain. If he fails after building his own squad, he will have no-where to hide.

COYW!

That applies to any manager when they have had the chance to build their own squad, not just Kit.  For me the question is how long the club gives him with this new squad.  I would be patient, I don't agree with the "sack him by Xmas" brigade.  As Ray has said he is a young manager learning his trade, fully committed to the club and not trying to buy success. In fact, as of today, I think our net outgoings are approx. £1.5m, so unless we do spend bigger he is trying to overhaul the squad on a shoestring. On that basis I would regard top 10 as a significant achievement.

colinwhite

we stayed up and kit is still our manager therefore i am Kit In . Fulham is my team and Kit is our currant manager . Surely that is all that matters at the moment . I don't have massive faith in kit and would have leant towards a new manager at the end of the season . The club has chosen to go a different route so therefor Kit has my uncondiitional support. I hope he proves that the decision makers at the club have better judgement than me ,an that goes for all on here who thought that Kit should get the chance to build his own team , I hope that you are right . Why we have to have all this pathetic prestige involved ,and silly point grabbing I don't know ........

Bill2

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 14, 2015, 04:55:46 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on May 14, 2015, 04:48:03 PM
Quote from: God The Mechanic on May 14, 2015, 04:46:06 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on May 14, 2015, 04:19:51 PM
But without going over old ground. If no manager is guaranteed success than why not stick to a manager that knows what needs improving. As for the managers that have recently left. Rene was never given enough time and if anything proved he could adapt to the problems we faced by his team selection against the top sides. Certainly the changes have done us no favours and have done us great harm. We can afford another Kit but not another Felix.

Kit may, and I'd wager he probably does, know what needs improving but has he shown anything to suggest that he is the one capable of improving it?  Without being overly negative, as this started as a pro-Kit post and there are plenty of anti-Kit ones, he has shown minimal indication that he's capable of turning things in our favour.

Within games individually, and the season as a whole, when things have been looking to run away from us they have done and incredibly quickly too.  His initial run was good, showing what he and the team were capable of, however once the "new us" had been around for a few games and began to be sussed out Kit was lost and once teams got ahead that was it and we would pretty much be guaranteed a defeat.  Once we hit a short run of bad form that was it and that turned into an almost Magath like run of defeats and performances earlier this year.  Had his reign been reversed and started with some defensive and scrappy draws against the likes of Wigan and Rotherham and evolved into the run he had when he was caretaker then it would have looked like he and we were evolving.  As it is, he started off pretty damn well (fortunately) but devolved horrendously.  His performance has been the absolute inverse of what you would expect form a young manager learning on the job - he doesn't seem to have learnt anything.

Rene was definitely got rid of at an inopportune moment, but he had won three games in over two months including some truly and astonishingly dire performances against teams we should have at least competed with.  That form dropped us to bottom of the table and got us knocked out of the cup to a team two divisions below us, and had he been sacked before the Man Utd and Liverpool games his record would have been fully supportive of that.  Both Jol and Magath lasted longer than they should have in many's eyes - neither should have started the seasons they got sacked in at the club.

Kit has won four games since the end of January and we have scored twice or more only five times and conceded twice or more nine times in that same run - do we really want to stick with a manager who's has evolved so negatively?

Um ......yes?  :033:

Um.... No not if we can help it, because it's the way we have lost, and the mediocre appalling way we have been outclassed, outrun, outfought and out passed, even at the Cottage we look like the away side, completely and utterly Leaderless, a sinking ship without a rudder that has run aground on rocks not far from a Lighthouse, whose light that is supposed to warn Ships was apparently out, not working at the time.
The above posts look on the negative side, but I have to agree with them as at the end of last season we were worse than bad. However, he has a new squad which are his side so lets see how we get on. If we start like we finished he won't last until October but he must be given the chance.

BedsFFC

Quote from: HatterDon on July 08, 2015, 03:03:07 AM
So, does this mean all the other threads are "Kit must go" threads?

At the time of the original post, pretty much, yeh.

Bronaldinho

He's started the summer recruitment very well. Hopefully, if this continues he will have a very capable squad who achieve big things at the club.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com