watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Maybe we're waiting for Bruce/McCarthy?

Started by Pie and mash, May 16, 2015, 01:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pie and mash

Maybe we haven't heard anything about next year's managerial situation because we're waiting for Hull to be relegated or Ipswich to be knocked out of the playoffs before we make our move.

If Khan has either in his sights he wouldn't be able to approach them until the end of their respective seasons.

Just a thought.

PS, same could apply to Allardyce

snarks

Maybe it's no news because kit is staying

ToodlesMcToot

Wish that he was waiting on Bob Bradley. By far a better manager than any (realistic) managers we've mentioned here IMHO.

Call me a Yank homer if you must but, look what he's done with lowly Stabaek in two seasons. Even though Egypt didn't reach the heights that they desired, what he was able to do with them without the benefit of league play for the majority of his tenure, - combined with the ability to spot talent like Salah and get him placed to succeed in Europe.

Bob is ready made for the Championship. He might falter higher up the ladder (might not) but, he wouldn't be nearly as expensive as any we've mentioned, has proven he can succeed on minimal resources, and that he can make a team play to a greater level than the sum of their parts. He's done this everywhere he's ever managed.

Mr. HatterDon might cringe at the thought of having another American at such a prominent position within the club  :005: but, surely he'd agree with Bob's bona fides.

Swing away fellow board members.  :beer:
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Pie and mash

Quote from: snarks on May 16, 2015, 03:11:16 PM
Maybe it's no news because kit is staying

Likely, I'm just giving the barrel a scrape

love4ffc

While I have no names to throw out at this time I do think it would be a little presumptuous of anyone to say that only an Englishman could manage a team in CL.  I'm sure the same thing use to be said about the PL. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

cmg

Quote from: love4ffc on May 16, 2015, 04:03:24 PM
While I have no names to throw out at this time I do think it would be a little presumptuous of anyone to say that only an Englishman could manage a team in CL.  I'm sure the same thing use to be said about the PL. 

Yes, my friend, it would indeed be a little presumptuous for anyone to say that...and also totally stupid.

And again, I think you are quite right that the same thing used to be said about the PL (or equivalent)...Thus proving yet again that total stupidity continues to be an inexhaustible resource.

Airfix

Can we please stop the McCarthy/Bruce/Allardyce rubbish? None of them are Fulham. None of them fit.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Airfix on May 16, 2015, 04:51:33 PM
Can we please stop the McCarthy/Bruce/Allardyce rubbish? None of them are Fulham. None of them fit.

Did Magath 'fit'?? Did 'jol'?? Why can't we explore realistic and improved possibilities. Is it because we might actually achieve something !?

Fulham Tup North

I think we are just waiting for the Prem to finish next Sunday. Then we will give Big Sam a call and get him in before the summer.
I have it on good authority on my mobile ;)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

God The Mechanic

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on May 16, 2015, 03:17:36 PM
Wish that he was waiting on Bob Bradley. By far a better manager than any (realistic) managers we've mentioned here IMHO.

Call me a Yank homer if you must but, look what he's done with lowly Stabaek in two seasons. Even though Egypt didn't reach the heights that they desired, what he was able to do with them without the benefit of league play for the majority of his tenure, - combined with the ability to spot talent like Salah and get him placed to succeed in Europe.

Bob is ready made for the Championship. He might falter higher up the ladder (might not) but, he wouldn't be nearly as expensive as any we've mentioned, has proven he can succeed on minimal resources, and that he can make a team play to a greater level than the sum of their parts. He's done this everywhere he's ever managed.

Mr. HatterDon might cringe at the thought of having another American at such a prominent position within the club  :005: but, surely he'd agree with Bob's bona fides.

How good a coach is Caleb Porter?  When Portland were flying in MLS a few years back he, and Portland, looked really impressive.  Could he perform well over here?

BedsFFC

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on May 16, 2015, 07:28:37 PM
I think we are just waiting for the Prem to finish next Sunday. Then we will give Big Sam a call and get him in before the summer.
I have it on good authority on my mobile ;)

and then see that he doesn't fancy Roberts, LVC or any of our youngsters and brings in some of "his own". That doesn't work out, we end up hating him, emailing Khan's buddy, we then force him out only to realise that he's messed up all the infrastructure we've spent years building.

You can take your Big Sam and stick him up Neil Harris.

Bronaldinho

Bilic or Benitez to Hammers.

Allardyce to us end of the season.

That's just a rumour I heard.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Fullofham

Quote from: God The Mechanic on May 16, 2015, 07:33:05 PM

Mr. HatterDon might cringe at the thought of having another American at such a prominent position within the club  :005: but, surely he'd agree with Bob's bona fides.

How good a coach is Caleb Porter?  When Portland were flying in MLS a few years back he, and Portland, looked really impressive.  Could he perform well over here?

He's a hipster favorite but Portland has struggled recently. I've never been too impressed with him -- his success has largely been on the collegiate level. A lot of the buzz has died down because after winning the Western Conference and MLS coach of the year in 2013, Portland wasn't in the top half of the West in 2014 and is off to a sluggish start again this year.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 16, 2015, 03:45:20 PM
Before the lynch mob arrive to introduce themselves to you I am afraid to say you are a Yank Homer.
We have enough yanks on board to sink a ship, and HMS Fulham are sinking in an Ocean of Naivety and poor judgement by unqualified individuals.
In other words it's like asking an Arab to build a Snowman. Or an Eskimo to build a Sand Castle.

Well, no offense but, I think yours is an uneducated opinion.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

We don't need to sign up a risk,we need proven managers and some Yank from Portland is a risk at this level.if we don't go up next season it could take us 5 years minimum,if at all.The relegated teams have more of a chance than us and so do the play off losers.We have to get a proven manager in for next season.And the truth is I dont give a damm if it's the Fulham way or not-JUST GET US UP,END OF !!!!
We can ponce about talking styles or how we did it way back when-the Fulham way hasn't won us any FA Cups,it's hasn't won us the Premier League.
Let's back a winner for a change and stop living off past glories we never had.

Fulhamerica23

Teams always overachieve as well, but never fancied Bob as a manager if I'm honest.

Still not sure how he started Ricardo Clark in the Ghana game in 2010, never liked his team choices or tactics.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on May 16, 2015, 09:54:25 PM
We don't need to sign up a risk,we need proven managers and some Yank from Portland is a risk at this level.if we don't go up next season it could take us 5 years minimum,if at all.The relegated teams have more of a chance than us and so do the play off losers.We have to get a proven manager in for next season.And the truth is I dont give a damm if it's the Fulham way or not-JUST GET US UP,END OF !!!!
We can ponce about talking styles or how we did it way back when-the Fulham way hasn't won us any FA Cups,it's hasn't won us the Premier League.
Let's back a winner for a change and stop living off past glories we never had.

Without intent to be too much of a S.A., whom did you have in mind that's realistically willing to come to us? The thing about winners,....they're usually already employed and, well, winning.

HillingdonFFC

Brentford mates still think something might be going on with us and Warburton, personally think he's a better fit than all those mentioned

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

It's all about"proven track record" not "shot in the dark" appointments.
Big Sam would be ideal,don't particularly like him as a human being but he would be our best chance of going up.Steve Bruce and Mick McCathey could do the job.What we mustn't do is sign a guy from some other league,some guy who isn't used to the muck and bulliets of the championship,this coming season is make or break for us it's vitally important that we go up,the longer we are down here the harder it will be to get out.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

With Bruce, Alladyce and McCarthy, you will get the same tactics - hoof it up to the striker with no interferance from midfield. And then, when that fails, kick seven shades of....grey, out of the opponents.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!